Canadian cruisers!!

I always book in CDN, that way I am protected against our $ fluctuations. Personally even though our $ has gained a bit of ground recently I feel that there is very little more room for it to climb and it could easily drop back to its sub .70 level.

Always?

Very often, in my experience, the difference between $US pricing and $CAD pricing if far more than the prevailing exchange rate. In fact, I've only over booked one cruise in $CAD - they rest I do in $USD because it works out significantly cheaper that way - even after exchange. Eg - my current cruise next week was $959pp ($USD) for a JS. Canadian was more than double.

I'm curious if perhaps you only search out sailing where the $CAD rate is low?

I haven't received anything about this Canadian resident sale..but then again I don't seem to get any emails from RCI....

IS this something you have to lonk through the email or enter a code or its just their pricing on their Canadian portion of their website?

I have get to see anything that shows as a special or Canadian pricing, and I have a cruise booked for next April and looking for a deal for this April as well.

I haven't received anything about this Canadian resident sale..but then again I don't seem to get any emails from RCI....

IS this something you have to lonk through the email or enter a code or its just their pricing on their Canadian portion of their website?

I have get to see anything that shows as a special or Canadian pricing, and I have a cruise booked for next April and looking for a deal for this April as well.

There was no code. I just called and mentioned the email and asked if my cruise qualified for the discount. There was no issues.

BTW, where are you finding this special? I received no emails (I'm signed up), and there is nothing on the website. Yes, I've seen the screen shots people have posted, but how did you get that screen shot?

I was able to secure the resident rate with the balcony discount.

James

Thank you! I DID call and I got my 35% off a transatlantic I booked this morning, and I also got my balcony discount so I'm a happy camper (or happy sailor) today! ;)

I would book in CAD so you know the amount you are paying. If you pay in USD, then it's a gamble of what amount it'll cost you once converted to CAD.

Keep in mind too, that if there is a price drop on your cruise before final payment (which is possible if the CAD dollar strengthens), then you can call in and get the better price.

I second this. In fact, I initially booked our cruise in US$ (by accident) last summer when the CAD$ was stronger. I could see that the CAD$ was likely going to slide, so I cancelled and rebooked the cruise, even taking a currency conversion hit when it was refunded. I had planned to pay off the rest of the cruise closer to the deadline ( Feb ).

Would have costed me considerably more. I was also able to get several thousand in the meantime in OBC at 1:1.1, and qualified for Canadian Resident discounts as well, saving a considerable sum in the end. Our total for two rooms ( one outer, one inner ) averages $92 / night / person all-in ( CAD ).

Always?

Very often, in my experience, the difference between $US pricing and $CAD pricing if far more than the prevailing exchange rate. In fact, I've only over booked one cruise in $CAD - they rest I do in $USD because it works out significantly cheaper that way - even after exchange. Eg - my current cruise next week was $959pp ($USD) for a JS. Canadian was more than double.

I'm curious if perhaps you only search out sailing where the $CAD rate is low?

Always. I've only ever booked far out, most of the time as soon as the itineraries are released. On all of mine it has worked out to my advantage. I guess it all depends on what the $ has been doing. I suppose that if it were a better deal with the exchange rate factored in to book in US $ then I would but I would pay the cruise off in full so at the time I booked so I wouldn't be subject to the currency fluctuation.

Our cruise next week I booked when it forest became available and our $ was at

or near par, of I had booked in US$ I would have had to make final payment on December when the exchange was nearly at 1.5

Just checked pricing for our 2017 cruise and it is only offering the 30% off still. Maybe I did not read the fine print enough. I did put us in as Ontario residents and am logged into my C&A account.

Let me know if you do Kalahari at the end of August Andrew. Maybe I could meet you down there and do some one hour sessions before and after the park opens (great deal). Yeah, the flowrider picture got my attention too! Darn marketing.

I made it down to ride in Windsor a week ago (finally). Choppy wave up front but a good group of people riding the Saturday morning session. I hope to do it more often when they open the stand up hours (they say they will in March).

I will keep you posted if we head down to Ohio. How did you find the top of the wave at Windsor? When I rode I found the water to be thin at the top 3/4 of the wave. It was super easy to catch your edge the water was so thin. Hopefully this was fixed when they were repairing the wave. Did you find the building hot, as it sure was in August. If anything we should head down to Windsor sometime this year.

Great news. Did they say why the website is all messed up?

Ken, you have no idea what I went through with this! :eek: I put a courtesy hold (on the website at 4:00 a.m. this morning) on an eastbound TA for April 2017. Great.. it showed under "my cruises" (correctly priced) and I was going to call them later with my credit card info. Before calling, I went to pull up our booking dashboard which lists all our cruises and when I went into it, the cruise was priced at $1,000 more! :confused: Got on the phone (on hold most of the time) and was on for a solid hour trying to straighten it out and get it back to what it was priced at when I booked it earlier. I had an email confirmation about the courtesy hold but no price shown. Like I said, an hour later I had it straightened out and it was back to the correct price.

This afternoon, I was going to call and give them my credit card so I pulled up the booking again and believe it or not, under "our cruises" it had doubled in price!! :eek: I didn't want to put the deposit down this morning till I got the prices sorted out. On the phone again..this time for 45 minutes! Of course, by this time the prices on the RCI website were up and clerk #2 was trying to tell me I was wrong.. I was spitting nails when I was on the phone. Finally...finally..finally got it straightened out again for the second time. This time I took a screen shot and also printed out my booking confirmation. I'm done with RCI today!! :p

The first rep I talked to had no clue about the 35% off for the Canadian residents sale so, of course, she had to check it out. She said the website was working fine for her,:confused: Ummm....no, it certainly is not working fine!! :rolleyes: She also had no idea about balcony discounts. I have my eye on a European cruise to add on to our transatlantic but there's just no way I want to go through any more of that "crap" today! lol My husband said to leave it till tomorrow.. even he doesn't want to call. The things we do to save money!

One thing I noticed on the website is that when you enter the province to see if there's any special prices, it doesn't retain "Ontario" so that's likely part of the reason nobody is getting the extra 5% for the Canadian residents discount. Both times I called they asked me where I lived after inquiring about getting the extra 5%. Yes, you certainly do have to call to get it...just hope you get an agent who knows what you're talking about!

Edited by hancogran

Ken, you have no idea what I went through with this! :eek: I put a courtesy hold (on the website at 4:00 a.m. this morning) on an eastbound TA for April 2017. Great.. it showed under "my cruises" (correctly priced) and I was going to call them later with my credit card info. Before calling, I went to pull up our booking dashboard which lists all our cruises and when I went into it, the cruise was priced at $1,000 more! :confused: Got on the phone (on hold most of the time) and was on for a solid hour trying to straighten it out and get it back to what it was priced at when I booked it earlier. I had an email confirmation about the courtesy hold but no price shown. Like I said, an hour later I had it straightened out and it was back to the correct price.

This afternoon, I was going to call and give them my credit card so I pulled up the booking again and believe it or not, under "our cruises" it had doubled in price!! :eek: I didn't want to put the deposit down this morning till I got the prices sorted out. On the phone again..this time for 45 minutes! Of course, by this time the prices on the RCI website were up and clerk #2 was trying to tell me I was wrong.. I was spitting nails when I was on the phone. Finally...finally..finally got it straightened out again for the second time. This time I took a screen shot and also printed out my booking confirmation. I'm done with RCI today!! :p

The first rep I talked to had no clue about the 35% off for the Canadian residents sale so, of course, she had to check it out. She said the website was working fine for her,:confused: Ummm....no, it certainly is not working fine!! :rolleyes: She also had no idea about balcony discounts. I have my eye on a European cruise to add on to our transatlantic but there's just no way I want to go through any more of that "crap" today! lol My husband said to leave it till tomorrow.. even he doesn't want to call. The things we do to save money!

One thing I noticed on the website is that when you enter the province to see if there's any special prices, it doesn't retain "Ontario" so that's likely part of the reason nobody is getting the extra 5% for the Canadian residents discount. Both times I called they asked me where I lived after inquiring about getting the extra 5%. Yes, you certainly do have to call to get it...just hope you get an agent who knows what you're talking about!

Wow! I think that I would have given up long before you did.

Hopefully by the time I book next week this mess will be straighten out. The flyer that was posted about the sale said it ended on the 5th so I'm not counting on getting that extra bit. I'm planning on booking 2 cruises next week and I'm hoping that they follow the same schedule and that they are released Wednesday evening. We are leaving Friday afternoon for Allure and I hope to have them booked before we leave.

Is there any code with this. I'm having an issue getting them to admit it exists. Thanks .

No code. I called up today and repriced all my booked cruises. Not a huge savings, but they all went down. I cannot get the pricing to work on the website, though. Just hang up and try another agent. Make sure to give them your province first.

No code. I called up today and repriced all my booked cruises. Not a huge savings, but they all went down. I cannot get the pricing to work on the website, though. Just hang up and try another agent. Make sure to give them your province first.

Apparently my sailing isn't eligible. We were booking April2017 and if it's a 2017 sailing it applies after may 1 :(

Apparently my sailing isn't eligible. We were booking April2017 and if it's a 2017 sailing it applies after may 1 :(

The ad states every sailing, every ship afte April 1, 2016.:confused: Call back and talk to a different rep.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

The ad states every sailing, every ship afte April 1, 2016.:confused: Call back and talk to a different rep.

I have to give credit to the rep I talked to, she knew her stuff (first one was useless). So I have a tendency to believe her unless someone here got the 5% from Jan - April 2017

Edited by Cruise Junky

I have to give credit to the rep I talked to, she knew her stuff (first one was useless). So I have a tendency to believe her unless someone here got the 5% from Jan - April 2017

I just had the reduction and my sailing is march 2017. You should call back.

Definitely call back! Ask why it says every cruise on every ship qualifies.:confused: There are no other conditions stated. If you read my post above, you'll see I had a heck of time with them on the phone today and neither one of the reps I talked to knew anything about the Canadian discount.

I booked a cruise today for April 2017 and I got my extra 5% discount (30% that everybody gets but Canadian residents discount is 35%). I have a courtesy hold on another one which I will need to call about tomorrow to get my 5% and it's April 2017 too. ;) I'm just not up to going through another session with them tonight.

Wow! I think that I would have given up long before you did.

Hopefully by the time I book next week this mess will be straighten out. The flyer that was posted about the sale said it ended on the 5th so I'm not counting on getting that extra bit. I'm planning on booking 2 cruises next week and I'm hoping that they follow the same schedule and that they are released Wednesday evening. We are leaving Friday afternoon for Allure and I hope to have them booked before we leave.

Are RCI messes EVER completely straightened out?? :rolleyes: I usually just book online without even calling Royal...just too much hassle on the phone. My concern today was that the price shown on my booking kept changing otherwise I wouldn't have bothered going through all that for the 5% but it seemed every time I went into my account, the price was changed.. once by approx. $1000 and the next time by over $2000. :eek:

Fingers crossed that the cruises you're waiting for are released mid week or early Thursday at the latest. How I envy you going on Allure .. have a fantastic cruise! :)

We just booked a cruise for 2017 and the price kept fluctuating. When I called to book the cruise I was booked at $3679. I checked on line and we saw it was only $2500. Called again and they forgot to apply the Canadian resident discount. So just make sure you mention you're a Canadian eh?

Anyone ask lately what OBC exchange rate is

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I checked two days ago and it was 1.50. I asked how often the rate was set and was transferred to a supervisor. He told me that with the fluctuating dollar, it is re visited every 1 to 2 weeks and recommended that I keep checking back as he said things can change quickly.