On the Eclipse right now

handy4u

it's very simple....casually offer them something like "we'd book a table for 2 if it was $30 a person." and stop talking (this is the biggest mistake people make when negotiating...they keep talking)...wait for the celebrity person to say...I can't do it (or equivalent) or to say I could discount it by $10 a person...or they might say OK. Just ask nicely....and accept the response. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't....and sometimes it works with one person selling seats but not with another. Just keep randomly making offers with a smile...

Note: We haven't paid full price for a specialty meal in seven cruises and we never buy packages. On our fall 2014 TA, the specialty restaurants were apparently very eager to get people so we were offered 50% off "tonight". I asked if I could get the same deal on some other night and they said "sure".

Thank you! We just might have to give that a go :)

We are blessed enough to have a celebrity suite which gives us access to Blu. They said they never get younger children in here (we are in Blu as I'm typing) but he is very well behaved.

Well here comes my escargot...

We are blessed enough to have a celebrity suite which gives us access to Blu. They said they never get younger children in here (we are in Blu as I'm typing) but he is very well behaved.

Is the escargot on the menu? I've heard people were able get escargot...just wondering if you have to request it. Thanks!

Enjoy!

Is the escargot on the menu? I've heard people were able get escargot...just wondering if you have to request it. Thanks!

Enjoy!

It's always listed on the "Celebrity Favorites". Was excellent. The little slugs are a bit small, but still oh so tasty!

On the Summit in Blu, I recall two years ago seeing very young children, perhaps 2-3 dining in Blu Surely Suite guests, and they weren't so well behaved. I was of the (wrong) impression that children under 16 would not be permitted. Perhaps they were penthouse or Royal Suite guests.

[quote=handy4u;

Tonight is formal night 2 and are enjoying a leisure day at sea. Can't wait to hear what Bear Stevens will play tonight in the Ensemble Lounge! It's good to be alive!

When on Solstice last spring, every venue had live entertainment, who as you know, rotate from one place to another during the cruise...and it was all quite loud. e.g. Ensemble Lounge, a place we really like, one night had a female trio that played/sang so loud that talking with each other was not possible. Other places were the same when we tried them. How did you find the volume on Eclipse?

In Grenada right now. 78 and partially cloudy. Sitting on our balcony as the downtown area for walking is kinda nasty. .

Cruise next month has a Grenada stop. We have never been there and thought we might get off and walk around. Would appreciate your expansion re: "kinda nasty" as that sounds like a comment that we would pay particular attention to.

Thanks,

bill

Granada has a mall type terminal and small outside sidewalk area but one street back and slightly outside terminal is not very guest friendly. People are very nice but we would not walk alone further back. If you want a beach get a cab to grand anis beach. Huge and lots of chairs and umbrellas.

Cruise next month has a Grenada stop. We have never been there and thought we might get off and walk around. Would appreciate your expansion re: "kinda nasty" as that sounds like a comment that we would pay particular attention to.

Thanks,

bill

If you are a beach person don't miss Grand Anse beach. On the top of our list for beautiful beaches. We took the water taxi which was right by the cruise pier, rented loungers and had a wonderful day. Only disappointment was our ship left at 2:00.

Well, what's a crab? Really just a big sea spider! In the food industry we call Crabs & Lobsters/Shrimp "bugs"!

I'm an oddball I guess, not a sea food lover either:confused:. Very much a meat and potato's kind of guy so very easy to please, though do enjoy a good curry, something I'm looking forward too, as last experience on Equinox was awesome. :) Enjoy your little crustations....:D:cool:

Granada has a mall type terminal and small outside sidewalk area but one street back and slightly outside terminal is not very guest friendly. People are very nice but we would not walk alone further back. If you want a beach get a cab to grand anis beach. Huge and lots of chairs and umbrellas.

While it has always been a Sunday we have been there we have not experienced any issues on Grenada.

Last time we walked all the way to Grand Anse beach and back. Not one problem

I picked on poor Grenada. The cruise port is very nice, outside around town not so much. It's run down and very hilly with alleys we had no intention of walking down. The grocery store was nice as we stopped and bought a couple bottles of Ting soda. The beaches spoken of are very nice and so were the people.

Remember that this is an opinion forum and someone else the same day could have a totally different view.

I've been listening to Bear Stevens a lot as he plays my style of music. Easy listening guitar. The volumes have not been to loud to converse in the background.

Food and service remain very good! We are going on the helipad for sail away from St Lucia at 4:45. Typing this whilst sitting on our veranda and it's very warm! Nice

Will check in again soon...

Thanks for that info

We were in AQ on Eclipse Jan 4-18. Also experienced a terrific cruise, as is the OP. For future AQ guests, along with daily escargot in BLu you may also ask your steward for daily shrimp cocktail in your room rather than the canapes. The shrimp are well chilled and larger than you'd expect.

I picked on poor Grenada. The cruise port is very nice, outside around town not so much. It's run down and very hilly with alleys we had no intention of walking down. The grocery store was nice as we stopped and bought a couple bottles of Ting soda. The beaches spoken of are very nice and so were the people.

Remember that this is an opinion forum and someone else the same day could have a totally different view

We have done the Exotic southern Caribbean 3 times with Celebrity and visited most of the same islands with Princess before Celebrity. We usually get off the ship and walk until we start to feel uncomfortable. The minute we feel that it straight back to the ship.

We have in each port ventures further and further, walking, getting the feel for the place. Some ports on our first visit, we didn't enjoy feeling edgy but as we returned and walked a bit further and further we became more and more comfortable with our surroundings.

You just need to keep pushing at the boundaries of that comfort zone but always be aware of what is going on around you where evercyou are. That s the same in every country we have visited.

We have always been in Greenada on a Sunday and that does give a different feel to a place. On our 1 March Eclipse cruise we are there on Saturday and that will probably give a different feel. There may actually be shops open.

We have always done Barbados on a Saturday up to now. Next cruise is a Sunday and I am sure that Bridgetown and Swan Street will feel totally different fro previous trips.

What we have found is that first impressions are usually wrong.

Gordon

I agree, Grand Anse beach is a great thing to do in Grenada, especially if you've already done the Spice Island tour. Once you enter the cruise terminal, stay to the left. There will be a door to the outside where you can catch the water ferry. It's a nice little ride and a nice beach with chairs/umbrella and folks that will bring you food/drinks for a price.

Also an EXCELLENT place to purchase REAL vanilla extract. I was quite leery the first time I purchased it, but it is the real deal. Actually bought more on my second visit for Christmas gifts. What you would pay $22 at home you can get for $5. Feel free to bargain.

Enjoy!

We were in AQ on Eclipse Jan 4-18. Also experienced a terrific cruise, as is the OP. For future AQ guests, along with daily escargot in BLu you may also ask your steward for daily shrimp cocktail in your room rather than the canapes. The shrimp are well chilled and larger than you'd expect.

Thanks for the tip. Sailing late summer in Europe in AQ and my DH loves shrimp cocktail.

I concede to your assessment Gordon. Very well said!

Was at St Kitts today. Had a great day! Was docked next to a Carnival ship today and was surprised at the rust on the ship. The Ship was christened in 06. I don't understand why they would let the ship like that.

Food remains very good as does the service and entertainment. I can honestly say, as the end our cruise approaches, that this is the best of the 3 years we've done this cruise!

Wine Cellars nitrogen system wasn't operating at all. From what I gathered Wine Cellars will become some kind of specialty beer place after the upcoming dry dock.

Getting tired so TTYL...