Pride 1/25/15..Annie rolls a rhino and Annie in the sky with diamonds!

JAYVIATION

thanks so much ! if you have any questions on things I may have missed from pictures, let me know and I will answer as best I can :)

I have a question about that awesome slide. I'm 75, but I plan to be on it (more than once!).

Can you remember what hours it is open? What about port days? Is there always a long line?

Thanks.

Kathy

I have a question about that awesome slide. I'm 75, but I plan to be on it (more than once!).

Can you remember what hours it is open? What about port days? Is there always a long line?

Thanks.

Kathy

it was open till 6pm every day.. sea and port days. and believe it or not, there was never a line ( and i was up there a lot doing pictures)...so enjoy many times over :)

Jason, wonderful job. You did good, there's another guy called "Radio" and he does a lot of reviews for Royal Caribbean and Celebrity (just like your style) but to be truthful your style is a whole lot better.

Congrats to you and Annie :D

Jason, wonderful job. You did good, there's another guy called "Radio" and he does a lot of reviews for Royal Caribbean and Celebrity (just like your style) but to be truthful your style is a whole lot better.

Congrats to you and Annie :D

High praise indeed Debbie and I thank you. I think I will do another on our next cruise and I welcome ideas for improvement. I was initially going to start the review deck by deck of the ship with deckplans for reference, but I feared having it nixed because the deck plan images would not have been mine.

It's hard to strike a balance of humor and commentary with the dryness of explanations of things without boring people. I feel it was a fair balance. But again, nothing is perfect and I can't get better if the fine members here don't tell me where I missed something or could enhance another.

...yak...yak..there I go again, but I already have an idea or two for the next one. Thanks again Debbie

Waiting is the hardest part of a cruise and I made a HUGE mistake and picked up one of those "countdown" clocks ....UGH.. nothing worse then going to work and seeing your days in the hundreds constantly.... I found one little way I came up with to help pass the time to at least show SOME progress to the vacation...

I found a good sized picture file of the deck plans for the ship... big enough to where the largest deck would fit on a 8x10 piece of paper.

I printed it out ( in color if available ) and glued them neatly on a manila file folder for rigidity. I then carefully cut out each deck and depending on the ship, you would usually have between 10-15 decks.

On the first of each month ( or spread out whatever way it makes sense depending on your time before your cruise) I would then attach one deck on top of the next... slowly building your ship and building toward your vacation so by the time you were done you had a goofy little paper model.

cheers!

Jason

I think I will do another on our next cruise and I welcome ideas for improvement.

Look forward to it. I have only one suggestion: At the very beginning show a picture of you and Annie. We saw the lovely Annie, but it helps to see who is writing the review.:)

Kathy

Edited by petesweet

My first reply to your review, but ive enjoyed it incredibly. Congrats and i must say that might be one of the gutsiest proposals ive heard of. I wouldve fumblex the ring for sure! cheers to you both

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

My first reply to your review, but ive enjoyed it incredibly. Congrats and i must say that might be one of the gutsiest proposals ive heard of. I wouldve fumblex the ring for sure! cheers to you both

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

thanks for the compliment! in hindsight I guess I could have "bungied" the ring to my wrist or shorts... in case anyone else wants to give that a go :)

70_zps687d0b55.jpg

Congratulations on your engagement. I thoroughly enjoyed your review it was very informative, entertaining, and included pics of all the very best stuff. My husband and I will be on the Pride for our 20th anniversary in August. And I can't wait.

Congratulations on your engagement. I thoroughly enjoyed your review it was very informative, entertaining, and included pics of all the very best stuff. My husband and I will be on the Pride for our 20th anniversary in August. And I can't wait.

very kind of you to say. Congratulations to you as well on your upcoming 20th ! From the 6 other ships I have been on, Pride is certainly my favorite and I am glad you chose her for your trip. May you have many more anniversary cruises to come :)

You two look great on formal night! Did most dress up on your cruise. My two times on the Pride it seemed like a lot of men didn't even want to put on long pants.

HA ! I read that too fast and I thought you said " a lot of men didn't even put on pants "

Yes the formal night is certainly becoming a niche thing. On those nights, there were quite a few hawaian shirts, jeans..that kind of thing. No shorts or anything but certainly less dressed up then other cruises I've been on.

Perhaps people are more conservative with packing now with the crazy baggage fees airlines have in place, so people may not want to pack a suit for something they will wear one night or maybe 2. just my opinion

Edited by JAYVIATION

I really enjoyed your review! Thank you for putting in the time you did, and the photos are great! Best of luck to you and Annie with your engagement and future life together :D

My husband and I are sailing the Pride in June and I LOVE to play Name That Tune. I was wondering if you could check the FunTimes for me and let me know what different types of Name That Tune that they offered on your sailing. Thank you in advance!

Wow, one of the best reviews I've ever had the pleasure of reading.

Congratulations on your engagement. She'll never forget that proposal, and the ring is just gorgeous.

Enjoyed the pictures, especially all the sunset ones. Those were particularly spectacular.

To actually witness that in person, well Breathtaking really.

My husband and I are coming up on our 53rd Anniversary, in April. I wish for you and Annie to also have a long and happy life together.

This was a truly great pictorial review. The story line wasn't bad either.:D Congrats to both of you on your engagement. We will be on the Pride in just under 4 weeks. It is one of our favorite ships. We appreciated the pics of all the updates. Loved your excursion photos. When do we get to hear from Annie?;)

I really enjoyed your review! Thank you for putting in the time you did, and the photos are great! Best of luck to you and Annie with your engagement and future life together :D

My husband and I are sailing the Pride in June and I LOVE to play Name That Tune. I was wondering if you could check the FunTimes for me and let me know what different types of Name That Tune that they offered on your sailing. Thank you in advance!

alright, Name That Tune's

sail away night= none

day 1= 80's guess that song

day 2= one hit wonders guess that song

day 3= 50's guess that song, 60's guess that song

day 4= guess that classic TV theme, guess that song decades, guess that song 50's, guess that song 70's

day 5= guess that song musicals, , guess that classic rock

day 6= name that country tune

Wow, one of the best reviews I've ever had the pleasure of reading.

Congratulations on your engagement. She'll never forget that proposal, and the ring is just gorgeous.

Enjoyed the pictures, especially all the sunset ones. Those were particularly spectacular.

To actually witness that in person, well Breathtaking really.

My husband and I are coming up on our 53rd Anniversary, in April. I wish for you and Annie to also have a long and happy life together.

I'm speechless (for once :) thanks so much for all the kind words and an early congratulations for your upcoming 53rd. May you have many many more !!

This was a truly great pictorial review. The story line wasn't bad either.:D Congrats to both of you on your engagement. We will be on the Pride in just under 4 weeks. It is one of our favorite ships. We appreciated the pics of all the updates. Loved your excursion photos. When do we get to hear from Annie?;)

thanks from both of us :) part of the deal we have is; I do all the planning and review stuff , and she just enjoys it all. fair enough :)

Question about the library:

Did you use it much? Was it well-stocked? and were the shelves open at all times? (Some ships lock them up.)

Just wondering how many books I need to take with me.

Kathy

because the library was the same location as the internet cafe, it was open 24-7 and as such, all the cabinets were open that I saw. That said, I did not make notice of the particular selections and would suggest you bring a backup or two should there not be something to your liking :)

because the library was the same location as the internet cafe, it was open 24-7 and as such, all the cabinets were open that I saw. That said, I did not make notice of the particular selections and would suggest you bring a backup or two should there not be something to your liking :)

Thanks. I always bring at least one and then donate it, but this is such a long cruise that I will need lots of good reading.

Kathy