Tell me where you want the Princess ships to go...Princess is asking ME!?

Commodore Suzy

I don't expect this to happen. Princess would have to restructure how they pay and hire new employees. They would have to abide by US laws for wages on their ships for room stewards and wait staff. Many US employees do not want to work the long hours these positions require, 7 days a week for 6 months at a time (with no days off) while living in very cramped quarters.

They'd also need a ship built in the United States. Only one not sailing is the ship United States rotting away here in Philly. But it is already owned by NCL so that nobody else can buy it and compete with them.

Bill

I would want to see 10-12 day cruises to Antartica (with oppty to step on the continent). Also, would love to have Princess offer frequent 10-12 day cruises to Hawaii on a one-way cruise basis (fly back or fly over), and include a couple of overnight stays in select Hawaiian ports. This allows those of us who are still working the oppty to see more of Hawaii and not have to spend 8-9 days out of a 15 day cruise at sea. Don't get me wrong, I love sea days but I'll have to wait 25 years until I retire to be able to swing that many days off.

I know this will never happen...But everytime I go to Princess cay, I always laugh with a lot of people and say "Too bad they don't have a 3 day cruise that just stops here and stays!....Everyone laughs and agrees!

I'd like to see more ships sailing out of San Francisco all together... regardless of where they are going. It seems that it's mostly Alaska, and more recently they've stuck a 10 day to Mexico from San Francisco.

Being from the Bay Area, I would be far more inclined to book if I didn't have to fly to LA or San Diego. I've seen a lot of last minute deals where I said "if it went out of SF, I'd take it right now!"

Keep the good ideas rolling. This is fun!

It's good to hear so many folks wanting some of the same stuff. I think they need to get a clue and do Bermuda again! Wow. I never knew how popular it was until they didn't do it anymore!

I agree that Hawaii as NCL has them aren't going to happen any time soon.

Dani..the prices on the Dawn 10-day out of SF for late Oct - early Dec are on super sales right now. If you can fit another one of those into your schedule, call your agent! I like the 11-night new itinerary for fall 2006 better though.

Dani..the prices on the Dawn 10-day out of SF for late Oct - early Dec are on super sales right now. If you can fit another one of those into your schedule, call your agent! I like the 11-night new itinerary for fall 2006 better though.

I had seen those, and totally wanted to do them, but we're already booked on a 7 day cruise to the Mexican Riviera in November. We don't have enough money for both, and I'm not sure if my boyfriend would have been able to get two weeks off of work on such short notice. But it would have been my first choice otherwise. I think it's as cheap as the 7 day we're taking. =)

Even shorter cruises out of San Francisco would be nice. Maybe something that just goes up or down the coast, to either Canada, or Baja California. I guess what I mostly wish is that other cruise lines would put SF on their Mexican Riviera itineraries.

Personally I love the Sun class ships, sail in about a month on the Dawn to mexico.

What I would like to see is a longer 10 day Alaska route from Vancover to Whittier but for the extra days sail over to Kodiak Island with a stop in Seward also. Even when this was used instead of Whittier most people really didn't see Seward and it has a lot to offer. Other option might be either the Aleutians, stops in both Glacier and Hubbard or a day in Victora.

On of my favorite cruises was 1o days on the old Island Princess from Anchorage to Vancouver

Doug

I, too, would like a longer Alaska round trip from Vancouver (it is VERY far to fly from the East Coast to Anchorage, almost as long for us as to Europe) to Kodiak, and Seward, glacier bay (with the mandatory stops in the capital, maybe Haines instead of Skagway, Wrangel, on the way up) but stopping in Sitka and Victoria on the way back.

Maybe they should advertise the cruise as a repeat Alaska cruiser's cruise to Alaska.

You know that they DO sail up there, and then go to Russia and Japan? But then you have to fly back from Japan! ha

I also like the idea of the Iberian peninsula with Morocco.

Only Tahitian or Pacific Princess could duplicate the itinerary but the 11-night one-ways on the "original" Island Princess that they offered from Vancouver/Anchorage were wonderful.. Been to Alaska 6 times and that was "the best".. The 11-night northbound hit Ketchikan, Skagway, Tracy Arm, Juneau, Sitka Hubbard Glacier, College Fjord, Seward (as port call), Homer and Kodiak Island ending with a gorgeous sail up Cook Inlet to Anchorage at sunset.. then they turned around and went back to Vancouver.. did the Inside Passage part along BC coast that is so lovely... they should do that..

Also agree re Bermuda.. and a transatlantic in the spring with more ports and NONE in the Caribbean on the way of any transatlantic..

Suzy,

I would really like to see more South America, Africa, Asia and South Pacific cruises as you mentioned.........More of the exotic cruises would be great. An expansion of The Grand Adventures would be nice, especially if it would let you cruise around the world. When you look closely at the Grand Adventures, most back track instead of continuing on.:)

I'd like to echo BigTimeCruiser's comments about South America and particularly Asia. Also longer cruises in the 12-17 day range that would take in a larger number of ports/countries.

My dream cruise, instead of a round the world cruise, would be a Pacific Rim cruise.................Seattle/VCR , Russia, Asia, NZ, Australia, South America, back to west coast...................any of the west coast ports would be a wonderful start/finish to this cruise. No flying back/forth to the Far East or Australia..............heaven....................

My dream cruise, instead of a round the world cruise, would be a Pacific Rim cruise.................Seattle/VCR , Russia, Asia, NZ, Australia, South America, back to west coast...................any of the west coast ports would be a wonderful start/finish to this cruise. No flying back/forth to the Far East or Australia..............heaven....................

I would love a round trip cruise ... maybe from San Francisco ... that did Hawaii, the South Pacific and then Austraila and New Zealand, and then back to San Francisco.

Of course, the time required for that cruise would probably be more than I could take while I was still working, but it would be heavenly! I'd love to see New Zealand, but simply could not physically fly that far. That number of hours on an airplane would kill me. But, to be able to just fly to San Francisco and then cruise to those destinations and back would be wonderful.

I would imagine the time required for such a cruise would be about 60 days, right? And, that would be the problem. I'm doing a 30-day Hawaii/South Pacific cruise on HAL this coming January, and it's a miracle that I was able to get that number of days off all together. The only thing that saved me was the fact that this cruise is taking place in what is considered slow vacation season at my job. Had this been a holiday cruise or something in the prime summer months, no way would I have gotten the time.

So, I can't imagine ever being able to "negotiate" 60+ days. But, for a cruise such as this, I sure would try! :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Ok, maybe one or two. 8-10 days with two overnights. 10 & 11 day cruises year round out of ft. lauderdale. don't move every ship to alaska and leave the only option seven day cruises. L.A. to alaska to add sea days. same thing from baltimore and new york.

Never depart from Seattle, Vancouver only.

Love the Sun class ships take the Grand only if there are no other choices

Ohhh...I like that one! How about a "Ring of Fire" cruise doing that big Pacific circle where the volcano activties are the heaviest. (Same cruise, different name.) ;)

Return of the Royal or a new built Royal. A cruise doing the Grenadines,Return to Bermuda from NYC/NJ,return to "oldclass"Princess re:all cruise directors like John Laurance,Round the World the cruise,Less hipe and more quality,it is there ,lets see it.Kathe

Ohhh...I like that one! How about a "Ring of Fire" cruise doing that big Pacific circle where the volcano activties are the heaviest. (Same cruise, different name.) ;)

Ok..............then, the cruise could have it's own theme song............the old Johnny Cash "Ring of Fire"................exciting! I'm ready to go...............just as soon as I hit Megabucks! :)

Hey - you did good! Thanks for this opportunity! We live in Southern California & returned from a European cruise by air just 5 days before September 11th. Neither my husband or I want to fly anywhere in the foreseeable future. Would LOVE to see more sailing from West Coast ports. We're doing the Mexican Riviera from Long Beach (San Pedro), but would love the opportunity to see other further-away places from these ports. So would a lot of people we know. Golf excursions in ports would be a much-appreciated added plus.

Thanks! Lisa:)

Love this thread. Last February we cruised on the Star and it stopped at Tortola. I notice this stop is not on the 2006 eastern cruises. This was a great stop and I wish they would reconsider reinstating it on the eastern cruises. Aslo I just cruised on Coral to Alaska. I loved this size ship. It seems just right. I wish Princess would build more ships of this size. Also they should think about stopping at Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island on their Canada cruises. It's a great little city with plenty to do. :)

Just back from Golden transatlantic - the ship is just too big, too many people so I'd like to see smaller ships doing longer cruises to exotic places like Africa, Australia, etc.

I'd like the Pacific to sail as a Princess ship for the whole year not just six months and please keep the Regal. We like ships that look and feel like a ship and not a floating hotel.

Well, I'd like to see Princess sail from stateside, maybe LA or San Diego or where ever, to Hawaii then to Tahiti, or elsewhere in the the South Pacific and back to the states. We were on the Tahitian Princess a couple of years ago, and we loved her, but we would have loved seeing a RT stateside.

HAL is doing that in January 2006 but the 2007 schedule doesn't show it, and I know a lot of folks who would like to do it, so now is the time for Princess to jump in and do it--on a reasonably sized ship like the Sea, Sun or Dawn or even the Pacific or Tahitian.

Archived