Tell me where you want the Princess ships to go...Princess is asking ME!?

Commodore Suzy

• 2 weeks later...

Were I King of Princess, first off I would build several new ships, 60,000 GRT, 1200 to 1500 passengers double occupancy, with a liner-like hull, and assign them to the "exotics", including a return to Africa, the Suez, and Indian Ocean areas; one assigned to to go completely around Australia; and ocean voyages, not unlike P&O's World Voyages every spring.

An updated Royal Princess design would fit my bill (she rode better than any ship currently in the fleet in very rough waters).

The Tahitian & Pacific Princess are fine little ships, but are not designed for long ocean trips in heavy seas, and we can't always have calm seas.

I would like to see Princess begin to do Bermuda cruises from Norfolk, Va. There is a small port there now but a new one is being built to handle bigger ships to be completed sometime next year. No one does long Bermuda cruises! The longest we could find was a 7 day from Philly on RCCL. We have done the 6 day from Norfolk and it is just not long enough. We just love Bermuda but there is so much to see there and it can't be done in 2 and a half days in port.

So please! Longer cruises to Bermuda!! And not in the fall (too much risk of hurricanes in the Atlantic.)

instead of Sun.

We always want to take a 10-12 day South Caribbean cruise from FLL, but are discouraged by Sun.

Also why do they make Caribbean going all East and Star going all West, instead of East/West on each of them and just alternate the week ? Would love to do a 14-day East/West but hate the hassle to change ship.

Agree on too many Panama sailings.

Boy, does this strike a chord with me. I can't figure out why they do the CB and Star itineraries the way they have. I love the Star, but do not like the CB. So, if I want to take a week's cruise, I would have to do the Western route over again. How nice if the Star alternated itineraries and we could do a BtoB!! Also agree on using another Princess ship to do a 10 day Southern Caribbean itinerary. Since HAL isn't going to have any ships in the Caribbean during the summer, this would be a great way for Princess to pick up the slack.

More small ships like the Pacific Princess and Regal Princess and more exotic itineraries, with two Princess ships passing each other in the reverse.

Princess could have sold out probably more than two Regal Princesses on the Antartica itinerary for 2006. Then, when we were interested in the Lima/Panama itinerary on the Pacific Princess, that was changed.

Also, two Pacific Princesses are better in size for the Asia ports than one Sapphire/Island Princess. Run more ships to China in the spring/fall as the weather is too hot during the summer months.

IMHO

My 2 cents. South America from Ft Lauderdale or Miami around the horn and back to LA. and I like the idea of 12 days to Alaska from Vanacouver and back or from Seattle and back. Tahiti return from LA or SF would also be interesting.

Many of us who have cruised a lot are seeking itineraries that feature new ports. St. Thomas and Jamaica and Curacao are lovely, but it becomes repetitive to stop there so often. Let's try Bonaire, St. Kitts, St. Barts, Tortoga, Trinidad and Tobago. How about sailing out of Charleston, South Carolina? Or Boston?

As far as Europe, I think Ports such as Malaga and Cadiz are nothing spectacular. Emphasize the great European Capitals that feature lots of history.

I agree with a long RT out of Seattle. I would like to see a 15-day RT LA-Hawaii in the summer - they could definitely fill the boat with families. I would like to see a more varied Eastern Caribbean route that includes Tortola, St. Bart or see a 10-12 day southern route out of Ft. lauderdale instead of San Juan - it is too hard to get flights in and out of San Juan. Mexican Riveria in the summer.

The challenge we face is that we usually travel as a family and our choices are limited in the summer. We just came back from the Med and did Alaska two year ago. My family wants a break from cultural sightseeing this year, they have seen enough ruins for now...we can't travel until next summer due to scheduling conflicts and our choices are limited. We have done both eastern and western caribbean but are skeptical about doing them in the summer....being from the east coast, I would like to see some west coast options. It is a 14 hour flight to Hawaii so a summer RT out of LA looks very attractive to us.

I agree with the other posters about changing the ships that do the 10 day itineraries from Ft. Lauderdale to the eastern or southern Caribbean. Those are the ones we enjoy and they ALWAYS use a Sun Class ship. We have been on every one of them and on the Sun twice. We also love the Sun class ships but WE WANT TO TRY SOMETHING ELSE. We haven't been on anything else because Princess has not given us the option. Every cruise we have taken has been sold out so it can't be because they don't think they can fill a larger ship.

We're limited to cruising in the summer (my husband is a college professor). We've done the Med, Baltic Sea, British Isles, Alaska, Ca. Coastal, Caribbean and are looking for some new itineraries for next summer. We'd love to see some of the east coast sailings during the summer. Perhaps out of New York to Canada, Iceland, Greenland, Norway, etc. during the summer months.

Here's another vote for Princess to place a nice ship in the newly built port in Norfolk, VA for 2006. Would love a cruise to Bermuda with at least 4 days in Bermuda, and other longer 12-14 day cruises to anywhere. Norfolk is very centrally located on the east coast and I belive would attract many people within driving distance.

I would love to see the return of New York to Bermuda 1 week cruises. A Rt L.A. - Hawaii- Tahiti sounds great to me. Finally, a return to early fall southern route transatlantic cruises. They either take the northern route or return too late in the fall - in both cases its too cold to relax on the deck. I just thought of one more thing - new Mediterranean ports.

Susan :)

Alaska RT Seattle/Vancouver for 10 - 12 days. Seems there is no offering for more than 7 days on any of the mass-lines for 2006. Love the idea of some 'off the beaten path' stops. Someone mentioned Kodiak, great idea, add ISP, a couple of glacier days... I'd be a happy cruiser. I would love to do Alaska every year, but hate flying to/from Anchorage, and the 7 day RT's just don't appeal.

more Sun class or Island class ships

more Africa itineraries

3 weeks to South America return from FLL or Charleston (looks like 14 days on the Sea is a hit.....we booked her as soon as we knew.....and I suspect 20 or 21 days on a Sun Class or smaller ship would be a hit too). During the summer months, go north out of FLL or Charleston and do the US and Canada east coast, on to Greenland and Iceland, and return.

I would like Princess to go back to having roundtrip from Vancouver like they did a couple a years ago. Not everyone can afford the air from Alaska or spend more than 7 days . We did the roundtrip with Princess a few years ago and this year to do the roundtrip from Vancouver we had to go with Carnival but we prefer Princess.

There are many different Caribbean islands why not go to some of the other ones. People like going with Princess and would like to see some of the other islands without switching cruise lines.

Archived