Tell me where you want the Princess ships to go...Princess is asking ME!?

Commodore Suzy

This posted twice, so I would just like to say I concur with mixing up the Mexican Riveria ports - there's no reason that every single cruise 10-day Mex Riv cruise has to go to PV. MAz, and Cabo San Lucas, some could mix-n-match with Acapulco.

It seems that lots of folks prefer longer sailings (10 days or more) in order to enjoy both the ports and the ship. While you're at it, ask Princess to reconsider their Captain's Circle designations. Sorry, I know this has been on another thread, and I don't mean to hijack this one. It just seems that someone who has been on three cruises for a total of 35 day should be on the same footing as someone who has been on six cruises for the same total number of days. Is the number of days at sea any harder to keep up with than the number of cruises?

I am an elite member who has done Australia -NZ already and have one of those $100 pp future cruise deposit slips I got on my last Princess cruise. Got my Fall 2005 Captains Quarterly and I always first look in the back to see what is interesting. I then check the special member offers. I liked the Nov. 7th Dawn around Australia. Called my agent and found the Dawn was not even in the neighborhood. Sorry Princess now I will wait till something interesting and affordable comes my way.

Princess used to go to Alaska round trip from Vancouver. This stopped about 2 years ago, right when I had planned on going. Of course, I did not go. Did not want to fly. Princess has been doing the round trip from Vancouver for years and all of a sudden stopped. Now they are round trip from Seattle. Or one way from Vancouver to Whittier or one way from Whittier to Vancouver. The airfare costs just as much as the cruise.

Suzy,

I would really like to see more South America, Africa, Asia and South Pacific cruises as you mentioned. Also, would like to see more going out of LA. We enjoy cruising for more than 14 days. More of the exotic cruises would be great. An expansion of The Grand Adventures would be nice, especially if it would let you cruise around the world. When you look closely at the Grand Adventures, most back track instead of continuing on.:)

Here's my 2 cents:

1. 7 day Bermuda on a Sun Class ship! We would be the first to book! (Preferably out of Norfolk!)

2. Totally agree with a 10 or 11 day round trip Alaskan cruise from Seattle. Would book this one as well!

3. We cruise a lot in the Caribbean and sometimes would like longer stays in the ports. We got to sail out of Aruba at 1:00 a.m. on our Brilliance cruise and it was great to see some of the nightlife!

4. Grand class ships doing 10 - 11 day cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale to the Caribbean.

5. Here's one I haven't seen mentioned yet - How about alternating 7 day itineraries for those who want to do a back to back in the winter? I know the Caribbean Princess does alternating in the summer, but would like to see that in the fall to spring season as well.

6. Switch some of the ships around. Why not bring the Diamond and Sapphire Princess into the Caribbean for a year or two?

7. Change Captain's club to count cruise days and not the individual cruises themselves!

8. More Coral/Island class ships!

We love Princess and will continue to sail on them! Am very much looking forward to the 14 day Sea Princess - now that is definitely a step in the right direction! :)

Suzi,

It would be very nice to hear we have a spokesperson that Princess would listen and respond to. Please let us know, if any of your suggestions are taken seriously and what feedback, if any you get.

Thanks for taking the time to survey what everyone would like to see happen.

Carol

Carol,

I'm not sure if a continuous input situation is in the cards, but I just wanted to get some ideas that I can pass along when I hear from her again. I know she was working on some stuff for me and I'll have her ear one more time when she calls me back. Not sure when that'll be. I just wanted lots of ideas.

Thanks everyone, and keep the good ideas coming! :D

I'm all for the 10/11 RT from Seattle to Alaska. I had to book on a not so good line for my Alaska trip this past summer. I would have preferred to have booked Princess because I feel they know how to show Alaska but they didn't have anything that went to Sitka.

Also would like to see them have a world cruise itinerary.

4. Grand class ships doing 10 - 11 day cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale to the Caribbean.

5. Here's one I haven't seen mentioned yet - How about alternating 7 day itineraries for those who want to do a back to back in the winter? I know the Caribbean Princess does alternating in the summer, but would like to see that in the fall to spring season as well.

6. Switch some of the ships around. Why not bring the Diamond and Sapphire Princess into the Caribbean for a year or two?

Saved me the trouble of listing....my wishes exactly. Especially more 10-11 day cruises all year out of Ft.Lauderdale.

I too agree with more exotic destinations, like the Galapagos, Fiji, South America and Africa. But round trip from the same port to make those flights easier and a little less money! Also more ADVENTURE land trips available to add on, with a few more options of length of stay.:)

We would also love to see the level of service up there with the way ships used to be (we'd probably go more often!).:cool: So elegant and classic.

I wrote a friendly little note to Peter Ratcliffe, the guy who ultimately decides where the Princess ships go. (He is the Prez or CEO or something like that of Princess & P&O.) My note just said that he should please consider something other than Regal doing SF Alaska RT cruises for 2007. Please consider something with more balconies like Sun or Dawn and maybe do a longer 10-12 night Alaska cruise RT Seattle on something.QUOTE]

This is just what I was looking for when looking into Alaska! I want a R/T from Seattle, that goes to Alska, not what the R/T from Seattle does now. It would have to be longer and I would book it the min. I see it.

BERMUDA!!! My wife and I would be all over that Itinerary. We have not been there since 2001 on the Pacific Princess. Old ship but it was a GREAT cruise----one of the best ever.The assistant cruise director Frankie was fabulous. I just can't bring myself to do NCL---what a step down. Bermuda deserves a class outfit to do all three ports. Did the three ports on RCCL in 1994, 1995 and Princess in 2001. It was fabulous. I want to go back to Bermuda soon, and Princess is the way to go no matter the itinerary---but 7 days is a must!

I'm still waiting for Princess to get the waiver that NCL got to run 7 and 10 days around the Hawaiin islands with overnights! I was actually thinking of calling Princess myself and trying to find out if this is in the works. I'm planning a 25th anniversary trip to HI in 2007 and would love to renew our vows on Princess!

If Princess are asking where we would like to go .........do not for one minute understand why they cancelled all the EXOCTIC cruises that were booked on Pacific Princess for 2007

They have upset an awaful lot of people by cancelling those cruises without even a hint of apology or a thought that folk like us booked 2 B2 B s for our Ruby wedding in 2007

Theres just nothing on the horizon that fits the bill now

I'm still waiting for Princess to get the waiver that NCL got to run 7 and 10 days around the Hawaiin islands with overnights! I was actually thinking of calling Princess myself and trying to find out if this is in the works. I'm planning a 25th anniversary trip to HI in 2007 and would love to renew our vows on Princess!

I don't expect this to happen. Princess would have to restructure how they pay and hire new employees. They would have to abide by US laws for wages on their ships for room stewards and wait staff. Many US employees do not want to work the long hours these positions require, 7 days a week for 6 months at a time (with no days off) while living in very cramped quarters.

BERMUDA!!! My wife and I would be all over that Itinerary. We have not been there since 2001 on the Pacific Princess. Old ship but it was a GREAT cruise----one of the best ever.The assistant cruise director Frankie was fabulous. I just can't bring myself to do NCL---what a step down. Bermuda deserves a class outfit to do all three ports. Did the three ports on RCCL in 1994, 1995 and Princess in 2001. It was fabulous. I want to go back to Bermuda soon, and Princess is the way to go no matter the itinerary---but 7 days is a must!

Yes, I couldn't agree more and haven't even been to Bermuda yet! In checking cruises from Philadelphia or Bayonne, N.J., the best ship seems to be Celebrity's Zenith or Horizon. The Horizon has been sold and will be operating only until the end of October this year. The Zenith goes out of Bayonne, but has no balconies. Yes, Princess would be very wise to place a ship, especially in Bayonne with balconies heading for Bermuda....I would be delighted! And, yes, 7 days is a must!!

Archived