Tell me where you want the Princess ships to go...Princess is asking ME!?

Commodore Suzy

I would like to see more west coast cruises. Perhaps one that goes from Vancouver or Seattle to Astoria then up the Columbia River into Portland maybe even overnighting in Portland. There is plenty to see and do in Portland to make it a port of call. Then the cruise would continue down the west coast porting in Monterey, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, LA, and ending in San Diego. If the cruise started in Seattle Victoria could be the first port of call to satisfy the Jones Act...I would personally like to rid of the Jones Act.:eek:

I know Princess is bringing the Golden Princess to New Orleans in Dec 2006 for several cruises. I would love to see them bring a ship to Mobile, AL to do a few cruises as well.

We love the smaller ships like the Tahitian and Pacific Princesses and we were sorry to see the Royal taken out of Princess service. I would like to see Princess add more of the smaller ships to some of the European itineraries and even the Canada/New England itinerary.

I would like to see some cruises from Philadelphia to the Caribbean in the Spring and Phila to New England/Canada in the Fall. Also bus service that RCCL and Celebrity provide to New York/Cape Liberty from Baltimore/Phila/New Jersey.

I agree on the rt seattle 10-12 day Alaska cruise. Also want more 10 day cruises on Sun Class ships. DH will only do 10 day or longer and there is not much selection among the cruise lines we like to use. I agree on the Tortola, St. Barts instead of some of the usual ports.

I personally would like less of the round trip options and more of the one way options. I hate wasting time going back to the place where I started. I can find airline tickets just as cheap on a multi trip as I can on a round trip. I would like to see more port days and less sea days. And while I usually sail on 10 day sailings, last year out of Houston they had a 5 day sailing. It was just perfect for a quick get away and less time away from work.

Just back from the Baltic sailing on the Star Princess and while I loved it, the ship was too big for that area, which caused long transfer times to the city you wanted to visit. Smaller ships can dock right downtown in these cities such as Stockholm, Gdansk, and even St. Petersburg. I loved the Regal last year on the New York/Montreal run as it was able to dock right in the heart of all these cities.

I also would like to see more overnight options on the ships.

• 1 month later...
Just nosied in to this thread.

We've always sailed with British ships (we're Brits!!), but the itinerarys are very limited. Here's what I'd like to do.

We don't like sea days - wasted time seeing the world as far as we're concerned! ;) If we're travelling all the way to the US we want to see as much as we can when there. Excuse my ignorance of your geography, and if Princess already do these cruises, just wanted to ad my opinion..

How about a cruise going from New York stopping off daily at East Coast states/cities; Philadelphia, Washington, North Carolina, S Carolina, Georgia and ending in Florida but maybe with a little sail out to Bermuda somewhere in there.

or from New York stopping off daily at Canada, Newfoundland, Greenland & Iceland and back.

Or cruise from Los Angeles stopping off daily at West Coast states/cities; San Francisco, Oregon, Washington then going on to Vancouver & Alaska.

Great thread!

Heck, I live on the East Coast and I think that might be kinda neat! Im sure not many others will, though :(

I, too, vote for Iceland, a place I have always wanted to visit, as well as more (any???) short trips from the east coast. I'd love to see some 3 day or even overnight cruises to nowhere from Boston, NY or Bar Harbor. Now that i think of it, Bar Harbor to Iceland would be a pretty short hop.

Living in San Francisco area, I agree I would like to see more sailings. However the passenger services act makes it espeically hard for us.

So how about San Francisco -> Hawaii -> Vancouver or vice versa. That should be pretty doable. I would only have to pay for one flight.

Can anyone explain the Jones Act? Or better yet - WHY WAS IT made into law?

Derf???

There's quite a bit of discussion about the Jones Act, including links to some more info about it, on these threads:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=168454&highlight=CFR

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=199140&page=2&highlight=%22jones+act%22

And, if that's too much discussion for you to read through, you can cut to the chase and just read this article:

http://www.sealetter.com/Oct-99/alancol.html

I would love to have a southern carribean all year long. I might have to choose another cruise line to do this:mad: and Ireally love Princess. I would also like them to sail out of Charleston or New orleans more often. Thank you for listening.

As a resident of LA who hates to fly' date=' I would selfishly say: more trips out of LA. How about a LA-Alaska-Victoria?

From reading many of the posts on CC, I see that many other people are like my family and like lotsa sea days. Maybe if you can pass to her that have a variety of cruises that are port-intensive and others that are more sea-day intensive.[/quote']

I don't think it is the cruise lines interest to have lotta sea days. They make lotta money on shore excursions, I've heard like 50%

If 3,000 passengers take 2,000 excursion on a port day at say 60.00 per passsenger, the ship (or cruise line) makes 2,000 x (.5 X 60.00) or 300K. They do not make that on sea days....:D

I don't think it is the cruise lines interest to have lotta sea days. They make lotta money on shore excursions, I've heard like 50%

If 3,000 passengers take 2,000 excursion on a port day at say 60.00 per passsenger, the ship (or cruise line) makes 2,000 x (.5 X 60.00) or 300K. They do not make that on sea days....:D

Actually 2,000 times 30.00 is 60K, still a lotta moola......:rolleyes:

I would like to see Boston-Bermuda like NY-Bermuda. Also would like to see more Grand Class ships doing 10-days. Was really interested in 10-day out of SF for Mexican Riviera but got deterred by the Dawn. Just missed either Sapphire or Diamond doing them. Also would like see something different for Scandanavia - same itineraries for a few years. Love the Mediterranean so I'm not sure what changes I would suggest. And yes to 10 days in Caribbean with more Grand Class ships - again deterred by the Sun/Sea/Dawn. I'm sure they are lovely - but I am used to the Grand Class.

I agree with ronp101, a definite cruise Boston - Bermuda. Longer 10 day cruises for Caribbean and also more cruises to South America and not just Christmas week.

I would love to see 7, 10, or even 12 or 14 day cruises to New England and Canada during the SUMMER months. It's very nice that most of the cruise lines offer this option as a Fall cruise but, frankly the idea of heading north during the cooler months of the year is a total turn off. Carnival has the right idea about offering Canada in the summer but, they only offer 4 and 5 day cruises which only get as far as Halifax. I would love to be able to sail round trip from New York to Quebec during the summer and, I know (after talking to many fellow passengers), that I do not stand alone with this opinion.

Suzy,

Hope you are not too busy booking cruises right now as this thread is going to keep you busy!!

I have a few things:

3 and 4 night cruises out of Southern California. Right now I have 4 days off and there is not a single Princess cruise I could take. I am stuck going to Laughlin.

For that matter 3 or 4 night cruises out of any port. I just want to be able to take 2 vacation days and take a Princess cruise. The coastal cruises usually fall on week days and I refuse to waste 4 vacation days for a 3 night coastal cruise.

This really bothers me. Only stopping until 2:00 in Cabo. I would sail the 7night Mexico probably once a year if they would extend this port. I am barely out of bed by that time.

Other options for the eastern 7 night cruise out of FLL. St Thomas and St Maarten are great, but not every cruise all year long!! And a different ship. The Caribbean Princess is my last choice for a ship.

Also vote for Bermuda. When I saw the new Crown itinerary I could not beleive it. The port times suck!!!. I will wait until the Crown goes out of San Juan.

10 night cruises out of San Juan. I love cruises out of this port, but we have to give uo those sea days. 10 nights could give us longer port times or overnights (NOT SAN JUAN).

10 night out of Seattle and I would think about Alaska again. I agree after the one cruise when we passed San Fransisco the water was rough. Not a fun morning and I usually don't get sick.

More 10 nights on the Med cruises. 12 nights with travel is a lot to pull off some times. The last 2 years I did the 10 night Baltic and the 10 night British Isles and they were perfect. Could spend time in port post or pre this way too.

Ok off my soap box!!! :)

Hey, thanks for throwing this topic out for discussion! This may sound weird but.....I would love a 12-14 day cruise to......drumroll here.................NOWHERE!

I do enjoy different ports but there are times when I would just love some endless sea days!!! I think if Princess offered this a couple of times a year the response would be good.

Our thoughts too! We have said after many cruises that at times we wouldn't care if they sailed off the coast somewhere with pretty water and just sailed in big circles for days. Just to be at sea, preferably with no kids running around..........don't get me wrong we love our grandchildren, but at times the quiet is wonderful!

Archived