Tell me where you want the Princess ships to go...Princess is asking ME!?

Commodore Suzy

Have to agree with your idea for a longer Alaska cruise. We've done the Fairbanks-Anchorage-Seward-Vancouver and the RT from San Francisco. I'd like a longer one RT (to make air easier) and different ports.

Also, we recently completed the Western Caribbean out of Galveston. I'd love to see maybe the Eastern Caribbean or even Southern Caribbean out of Galveston or something with different ports besides the Panama Canal.

We will do the transatlantic on the Star next month and have completed the Western Europe/Iberia and Scandinavian/Baltic. We would love to see more European ports besides the Med.

I hope you forward some good ideas. Thanks for asking.

Have to agree with your idea for a longer Alaska cruise. We've done the Fairbanks-Anchorage-Seward-Vancouver and the RT from San Francisco. I'd like a longer one RT (to make air easier) and different ports.

Also, we recently completed the Western Caribbean out of Galveston. I'd love to see maybe the Eastern Caribbean or even Southern Caribbean out of Galveston or something with different ports besides the Panama Canal.

We will do the transatlantic on the Star next month and have completed the Western Europe/Iberia and Scandinavian/Baltic. We would love to see more European ports besides the Med.

I hope you forward some good suggestions and they listen. Thanks for asking.

I would love to see them build more Coral/Island class ships. That would be my first wish. I would also like to see them using some of the newer ships for longer Caribbean itineraries and leaving from Fort Lauderdale rather than San Juan. It would also be great if they changed their Hawaii itinerary to go to a Canadian city instead of the Escenada Mexico stop. I agree with using a smaller ship to do NY to Bermuda as well, that would be a great itinerary. If they had more Coral/Island ships they could do more interesting longer itineraries. Make them different from the other mass market cruise lines and not just build new larger ships.

I would like to see Boston-Bermuda like NY-Bermuda. Also would like to see more Grand Class ships doing 10-days. Was really interested in 10-day out of SF for Mexican Riviera but got deterred by the Dawn. Just missed either Sapphire or Diamond doing them. Also would like see something different for Scandanavia - same itineraries for a few years. Love the Mediterranean so I'm not sure what changes I would suggest. And yes to 10 days in Caribbean with more Grand Class ships - again deterred by the Sun/Sea/Dawn. I'm sure they are lovely - but I am used to the Grand Class.

I would like a cruise that included Gibralter and Morocco and maybe go down the West African coast. Everytime they go to Gibralter I can see Morocco but we are never there long enough to get to Morocco and Casablanca. Hope springs eternal!

First, I’d disagree with those who have been discouraged by Sun and Dawn since both are brilliant ships. I’d agree with those asking for more “smaller” ships – Coral and Island are both big enough. And I’d have to agree that the Grand Class ships are not suitable for cruising through areas where heavy seas are encountered. Suzy mentioned the bumpy ride from San Francisco to Alaska (which I don’t necessarily agree with – I’ve done the itinerary three times and it was bumpy once) and I think if Princess is concerned about not providing rough sailings, they’d think twice about positioning Golden Princess to do the trip in 2007. I would like to see Princess move back to the premium line they used to be and move the Grand Class over to a sister cruise line.

I think the itineraries that Princess offers are fine – given I have limited vacation time, I can’t swing more than one 15 day and one 10 day a year. So the length of the cruises they offer is fine for me. But I think Princess could separate itself from the rest of the cruise lines if they offered something more sophisticated, refined and unique (and I don’t define unique by the act of hanging a movie screen on a ship). They could still sail 2000 passenger ships and provide a higher quality experience – they did just that on my Island Princess cruise in April.

As you know, those of us who work (and hate long flights) would love to see the longer Alaska RT's out of Seattle.

Fo those of us who can't fit the more exotic cruises into our schedule or income, I'd like to see more US ports. I can basically choose between Alaska or the Caribbean. On the east coast the cruise ports are either very north ( New York) or very south ( Miami.FLL, Galveston, New Orleans etc.) It's time to develop Charleston, and it's time to offer something other than the Caribbean or Alaska. It would be wonderful to get on a ship in June on the east coast and sail north instead of south.

For me it's the exotic cruises which are important. Quite honestly how many times can you go to Alaska or Mexico? The Caribbean holds no fascination for me.

I'd like to see more cruises in the Indian Ocean and going to Africa. We were going to be on one of the cancelled Pacific Princess cruises in 2007. There's still no adequate replacement for them. How long has it been since Princess has gone to Egypt?

Along with the itinerary suggestions you're getting, how about extracting a promise from Princess that they'll actually read the boards here and listen to suggestions from their best customers?

Personally I love the Sun class ships, sail in about a month on the Dawn to mexico.

What I would like to see is a longer 10 day Alaska route from Vancover to Whittier but for the extra days sail over to Kodiak Island with a stop in Seward also. Even when this was used instead of Whittier most people really didn't see Seward and it has a lot to offer. Other option might be either the Aleutians, stops in both Glacier and Hubbard or a day in Victora.

On of my favorite cruises was 1o days on the old Island Princess from Anchorage to Vancouver

Doug

Hi, good thread. Just my 2 cents. I would like to see the ships in the European itinerary stay in port longer, so much to see with so little time. Two days in Rome, Venice, London, Amsterdam, etc. etc. etc. It would make a perfect vacation, no worry about transportation in Europe, hotels. Just more time in port. But I don't suppose that will happen. But it doesn't hurt to ask , right ? Thanks again great thread.

Cori

I was so happy when I read your request that I haven't read all of the responses so I hope this isn't a duplicate. I would like to see Princess do a roundtrip Mediterranean itinerary that takes in more of the Western Med such as the French Riviera and the usual stops in Italy. An overnight in Rome would be really great. Royal Caribbean and Celebrity have had interesting itineraries like this but I don't like their lack of discounting. I would also like to see more 7 day Pacific coastal cruises. I did one and it was great. I second those who may have said that not all cruisers like the Caribbean... if I never go back to the Caribbean again it wouldn't bother me.

Couldn't access page one of this thread...so I don't know what has been covered...but I'll add my two cents anyway! I vote like roe2ship...as I'd like to see more Princess ships sailing out of New York City on 7-8 night round-trip cruises. Canada/New England (especially sailing down the St. Lawrence River to Quebec), Bermuda, and how about a sailing that stops at ports along the Eastern Seaboard. We don't have enough Princess week-long round-trip cruises sailing from New York City since the "original" PACIFIC PRINCESS left the fleet!

Another two cents...how about having some Princess ships sail out of Boston...same itineraries and time frames as above.

Debjo

Would love to see a 10-14 day from L.A. to Alaska and then back down the coast all the way back to L.A. This would give a longer cruise and save on air fare for us living in Southern California.

How about some different ports in Mexico. Most of us in California have done the same ports so many times, we are tempted to just stay on the ship, when doing Mexico. Just keep doing it, because of the convenience.

Carol

. . .

Also, we recently completed the Western Caribbean out of Galveston. I'd love to see maybe the Eastern Caribbean or even Southern Caribbean out of Galveston or something with different ports besides the Panama Canal. . . .

Yes, Flyer, I'd like the Grand Princess or another ship year-round sailing from Galveston. And maybe 8- or 9-10 itineraries, so a Galveston-based ship could go somewhere besides western Caribbean.

Great thread - like everybody's wish list! Kellie in Texas

I would like a cruise that included Gibralter and Morocco and maybe go down the West African coast. Everytime they go to Gibralter I can see Morocco but we are never there long enough to get to Morocco and Casablanca. Hope springs eternal!

The September 9, 2006 cruise on the Golden (Southampton to Civitavecchia) stops in both Gibraltar and Casablanca.

We to would love to see more of the Sun?/Regal Class ships.

We would like to see something from Florida to the East coast of the US.

Love the 10-14 day cruises.

What about different ports in Mexcio - maybe more ports in Central America.

There are also so many southern Car. Islands that could be done on longer cruises. Rather than doing the same ports year after year.

We could go on a cruise to no where as well if the cruise line made the ship the destination by offering classes at sea and lectures like they used to do in the old days.

Hey Ron from Rockford, MI

You're living in our home town area - grew up in Comstock Park. Lived in Sparta for year's spent a lot of time in Rockford. Have neices and nephews who live in Rockford. In fact, was just there a few weeks ago - WOW you now have your own MEIJER's!!! I was there for the grand opening last year LOL Of couse, always have to hit the corner bar for hot dogs when I'm up.

Venice, Rome, Naples, Monte Carlo. Basically the Italian Rivera and the French Rivera. OK, maybe a stop in Greece. A hop across the Med to Israel, & Egypt. :)

Hey, if I’m designing a dream cruise, let’s really dream – how about a freebie for the person who comes up with the one they choose? :cool:

(And don't forget the firstr class airfare to / from :p )

Love to visit the Island of Madeira. :)

Also Vancouver to Salt Spring Island ,Victoria ,Nanamio,Campbell River,Port Alberni.......then up to Alaska....during the summer months. :)

Then I think the overseas visitors from Australia/New Zealand/UK/Europe would be interested in a coastal WEst San Diego,LA/SF/Victoria/Vancouver... maybe overniters during the summer.Ditto along the East coast.

This would bring also more revenues to both USA and Canada. :)

Love Hawaii overnites added would be rather nice :)

I'd like to see a longer itinerary from Galveston maybe 10 to 14 days to the southern Caribbean or central or south America.

I'm also wishing for longer cruises to Alaska, preferably R/T from Vancouver.

:)

Excellent thread, is Princess really listening?????

- More Island/Coral size ships (they are the best in the fleet!)

Did the Caribbean Princess last week, never again

- One week Bermuda again out of anywhere

- Southern Caribbean in the summer

Archived