Anyone see or sail in Two Bedroom Suite?

We've sailed in the two bedroom suite on the Brilliance, a sister ship to the Serenade. If you have a choice, go for it. You have 2 separate bedrooms as well as 2 bathrooms and a living area. Not to mention suite privileges. There were 2 very minor things about the suite that I didn't care for. One we that it was at the very aft of the ship. Now, some people enjoy the aft, and I did too, but the walk was a bit long for my mother. The other thing I didn't care for was the fact that there was no light on the balcony. (The steward told me it was some kind of rule for the back of ships.)

All said, go for the 2BR suite. You will be glad you did.

We've sailed in the two bedroom suite on the Brilliance, a sister ship to the Serenade. If you have a choice, go for it. You have 2 separate bedrooms as well as 2 bathrooms and a living area. Not to mention suite privileges. There were 2 very minor things about the suite that I didn't care for. One we that it was at the very aft of the ship. Now, some people enjoy the aft, and I did too, but the walk was a bit long for my mother. The other thing I didn't care for was the fact that there was no light on the balcony. (The steward told me it was some kind of rule for the back of ships.)

All said, go for the 2BR suite. You will be glad you did.

Trillion GREAT suggestion, THANKS....

Hoping the walk will fight the calorie intake:o....

I also love the stern view.

Didn't see any reviews about soot problem, was it ok for you?

I am a Royal and Celebrity cruiser and think I may miss the butler, but Brilliance I have sailed on 6 times (can you believe it? Think I deserve a pin to wear :D) Hope the Serenade is as good -

Sounds like you had a good time! And the long walk also means making sure extra time for tours etc..

Thanks again!

Deb

cathep,

Thanks for your reply....

No kids, just two ladies off on an adventure! LOL But we would love the privacy of 2 BR and 2 bath....

Lots of space? and does the balcony wrap around?

Nice perk to have suite benefits too~:p

Deb

I didn't realize it was for only 2 people. You might not be able to get the 2BR suite for only 2. Usually they won't make the res. for less than 4. However, just keep looking right before the cruise and if the room hasn't sold, you can change your room. That's how we got the suite for 3 people. If you have a TA, they might be able to work with you.

Our balcony did not wrap around, but it was a decent size. And no soot problem at all.

Our favorite cabin, the 2 bedroom RFS. (Liberty)

Yes, we had soot and water on the balcony and it is a long walk to the elevators, but. would do it again in a heartbeat

But, I don't think RCL will allow 2 ladies to reserve. They want at least 5 in that cabin

You can do it if you add 3 more people to the reservation. We were told by an agent those don't have to actually board.

2 connecting rooms might be better for you. That's what we're doing for our next trip since we lost our 5th person this cruise. It won't have the suite benefits or the sitting room, but it was about about half as much.

We loved the aft and didn't mind the walk. There was a soot problem that kept us off the balcony more than we'd have liked, but we'd still book again whenever the money makes sense.

You can do it if you add 3 more people to the reservation. We were told by an agent those don't have to actually board.

2 connecting rooms might be better for you. That's what we're doing for our next trip since we lost our 5th person this cruise. It won't have the suite benefits or the sitting room, but it was about about half as much.

We loved the aft and didn't mind the walk. There was a soot problem that kept us off the balcony more than we'd have liked, but we'd still book again whenever the money makes sense.

Just as silly an an idea. Since if they went that route they'd each pay double

The 2BR will be released for open booking past final payment. At that point they will allow under 5 people in the stateroom.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Forums mobile app

Just as silly an an idea. Since if they went that route they'd each pay double

The 2BR will be released for open booking past final payment. At that point they will allow under 5 people in the stateroom.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Forums mobile app

Not always only after final payment is due...this varies...just keep a watch out. Happened to us once approx a month before final was due.

My wife, myself and two children had one of the 2 bedroom suites on Radiance. A fantastic cabin and well worth the money. Plenty of room, 2 bathrooms/toilets etc and a large living area. We were in 7672 which I beleive (I may be wrong) was slightly larger than the ones above. Very quiet and a large balcony. Good luck I hope you get one!

I am trying to upgrade to a RFS, that has become available on the website, and allows me put a hold on it.

There are only 2 us this time and RCI will not allow it.

I have paid in full, it's past final payment, and they are refusing to take my money.:eek:

I am trying to upgrade to a RFS, that has become available on the website, and allows me put a hold on it.

There are only 2 us this time and RCI will not allow it.

I have paid in full, it's past final payment, and they are refusing to take my money.:eek:

I hope you're speaking directly to someone (that knows what their doing) about this...usually if it's available to book online there shouldn't be a minimum number of occupants...Best of luck !!

Would love some help if anyone has pictures or info on the Two Bedroom Suite on Serenade or any sister ships? Trying to decide between a TB suite and GS available.

THANKS!:confused:

I've had the 2 bedroom on both Jewel and Brilliance. For 2 people-it would be close to perfect. ;)

You will have a beautiful balcony and view with no soot issues. Our only soot issues have been on voyager class ships. :(

Downside-the second bedroom is cave like with no TV. Although, even the master does not have window-at least you have a TV.

walk is not that bad at all if you have no mobility issues.

It can open up closer to sailing so if you can't book it now-grab a GS and look to change closer to sailing.

Will be in the 2BR on the Serenade tomorrow! Woot! Perfect for my son and I. That said, I understand that it is a bit smaller than the one on the Navigator which I sailed in with my sister last year. Both times we booked these online. They don't show up right away but at some point if they are still available, they get added to online inventory. In fact, my sis and I picked up the one on the Nav at an outstanding price.

One of the photos above showed a very nice bathroom. The finishes on the RFS on the Nav were just standard cabin finishes. I would have expected the bathroom shown above to be in a GS. I can't wait to see what the SOS holds for us!

PS - We did have soot on the Nav. Our steward brought us the big pool towels to cover up the chairs.

Continued:

Family really enjoyed the suite, we had 5 with plenty of room, can hold up to 8. It has second bathroom that is standard size with shower.

WOW!!!! THANK YOU EVERYONE for all the great information and opinions!

SO much better to see people pictures than what they offer online, much more realistic than sample pictures from any cruise line!

I'm sold!

Deb:D

Lattelady, hope you have a wonderful cruise! Lots of smiles and smooth seas!

debde, hahaha I am also a Deb - and we think alike! Sounds like a plan! Thanks for the good advice.

Really great so many took the time to help with info and even pictures.

Now all I need is a support group for CRUISING! LOL:p

Deb

I'm fairly new to cruising and have only sailed on NCL. I enjoy visiting the RCI boards because I would consider a RCI cruise in the future.

Can someone explain to me why two people can't book a 2-bedroom suite (unless it is close to sailing)? When we sailed last year on NCL it was not an issue for the two of us to book a 2-bedroom. In fact, we are booked in the same cabin in a couple of weeks and have another 2-bedroom booked next year.

I enjoyed having the second bedroom just for the extra space. I kind of used it for my walk-in closet and dressing area. Plus, we liked having two bathrooms.

Is it a revenue thing where they want to fill the two bedrooms with as many people as possible? Or is because they are limited and they want them reserved for larger parties? Sorry...it just sort of confuses me that you can't book a room because you don't have enough people.

I apologize again for all of the questions. If I'm going to venture out of the Haven, I'm trying to make the best match possible for us.

• 2 months later...
Will be in the 2BR on the Serenade tomorrow! Woot! Perfect for my son and I. That said, I understand that it is a bit smaller than the one on the Navigator which I sailed in with my sister last year. Both times we booked these online. They don't show up right away but at some point if they are still available, they get added to online inventory. In fact, my sis and I picked up the one on the Nav at an outstanding price.

One of the photos above showed a very nice bathroom. The finishes on the RFS on the Nav were just standard cabin finishes. I would have expected the bathroom shown above to be in a GS. I can't wait to see what the SOS holds for us!

PS - We did have soot on the Nav. Our steward brought us the big pool towels to cover up the chairs.

Lattelady

Hope you had an awesome cruise. How was the 2BR Suite, was it similar to the Radiance pictures with the nice bathroom? Which one were you in and do you have pictures? Also, does the master bed convert into two twins? Thanks!

Or is because they are limited and they want them reserved for larger parties? Sorry...it just sort of confuses me that you can't book a room because you don't have enough people.

this. there are so few cabins that hold larger groups and so many of said groups who want one cabin.

when you also factor in the cost, the per person cost is often HUGE as compared to any of the oither suite cabins. but with more people booked, the per person cost is much more reasonable.