Massdam Bathroom Question

retdon

When in doubt turn to your CC buddies, OK buddies here goes. We are booked on the Massdam in a Vista Suite and I have been looking at all the photos I can find on the web including you tube, my questions is:

Is there an electrical outlet in the bathroom that I can plug in a night light???

I have read there is only one outlet in the cabin and to bring a multi-outlet, but no where is there any mention of the bathroom.

If anyone has been in Cabin 044, fill me in on details, thanks, Linda

The bathroom will have an outlet suitable for shavers, electric toothbrushes, and a night light.

In the old bathrooms, it was incorporated in the hair dryer that was attached to the wall. Very handy.

When the bathrooms were renovated, the outlet was relocated to the light fixture, at ceiling level. Many people can't reach it to use. It is too high up for an electric toothbrush, unless you have an extension cord with it.

The bathroom will have an outlet suitable for shavers, electric toothbrushes, and a night light.

In the old bathrooms, it was incorporated in the hair dryer that was attached to the wall. Very handy.

When the bathrooms were renovated, the outlet was relocated to the light fixture, at ceiling level. Many people can't reach it to use. It is too high up for an electric toothbrush, unless you have an extension cord with it.

Ruth you are a gem, thought you or Kazu would know. Thanks so much, hubby will put it up and sensor will turn it off and on..... Linda

Ruth, is there still a hair dryer supplied in the cabin or do you have to bring you own.

Alberta Quilter answered your question about hair dryers in general.

Last I knew, some of the old cabins still had the dryers on the bathroom wall, too. Those come in handy, not for drying hair, but for clearing the bathroom mirror of steam.

They also are/were great in places like Alaska where your gloves could get soaked. Just put the dryer nozzle in the glove, and turn the thing on. Dried them up nicely. The desk hair dryers don't work that way. :(

I found that using the light on the make-up mirror doesn't light the bathroom enough in the middle of the night.

I bring a HAL mini-mag flashlight that I won in some contest or other years ago. It was a great prize. About the size of a pen, sits nicely on the nightstand.

Edited by RuthC

Alberta Quilter answered your question about hair dryers in general.

Last I knew, some of the old cabins still had the dryers on the bathroom wall, too. Those come in handy, not for drying hair, but for clearing the bathroom mirror of steam.

They also are/were great in places like Alaska where your gloves could get soaked. Just put the dryer nozzle in the glove, and turn the thing on. Dried them up nicely. The desk hair dryers don't work that way. :(

Could this potentially cause a fire?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For our last few cruises, we brought a set (8, I think) of the tealight-sized, battery-powered lights (maybe from Bed, Bath and Beyond). They are inexpensive and last a long time. We set them on the floor to light our way into the bathroom, then put a couple more on the shelves by the sink. They worked great in pre- and post-cruise hotel rooms, too.

Edited by Cruise_More_Often

While I respect RuthC's knowledge and personally like her very much, I need to add a proviso to her post about using the hairdryer to dry gloves. Do this ONLY if you are standing right there, drying the gloves.

Not too many years ago, in a dorm at Ohio State University, someone used a hair dryer, unattended to dry some clothing. The clothing caught fire, the dorm caught fire and there was loss of life.

Edited by the2ofus
grammar

We bring a few of those little, round, 'push-on' battery powered lights for the cabin. One always goes into one of the 2 soap dishes in the bathroom to prevent having to turn on the light, then closing the door as my DH is a light sleeper (sorry about the pun). Tried the lighted mirror idea but for us it was too bright. The little 'tea lights' previously mentioned would be a good idea if you want to leave the light on all night (again - sorry about the pun) as long as they do not get warm / hot.