On-line check in question

murph1031

I do it a bit at a time, it's my way of making progress and de-stressing from work. We never pre-pay tips before we cruise, just an odd concept to me but I can understand wanting it out of the way.

Next cruise: Carnival Vista - July 2016

Tips are $12 per person, per day.

If you did not add them when you booked, you will have to call to add them. There is no other way to pre-pay them. We always pre-pay ours as it is one less thing to worry about.

We do our checkin at final payment and print our documents about 2 weeks prior.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by JillySue

I usually wait until after we book our flights. That way I can go through and enter all of the information at once. I'm not sure about adding the tips after you have booked but it seems to me like I read on here that if you booked throught a travel agent, you have to go through them to add them on later. I could be wrong but most things have to be handled through your TA if you booked through them.

Tips are $12 per person, per day.

If you did not add them when you booked, you will have to call to add them. There is no other way to pre-pay them. We always pre-pay ours as it is one less thing to worry about.

We do our checkin at final payment and print our documents about 2 weeks prior.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I like to prepay ours as well. It makes it so much easier.

I do it as soon as I have completed my booking. Even if you change something with your sailing, you don't have to redo it. This is my way of forcing myself to go look for my passports and make sure they are valid still and that I even know where they are. I mean I THINK i know where they are but do I really? haha But honestly there's no right or wrong time to do it as long as you do it before the lock out time. Which I believe is like 36 hours before (I'm probably wrong, please correct me). Everyone probably has their own preference but to me like I said, it makes me look for my passport and then if I can't find it I have plenty of time to search for in, and god forbid if I can't find it I can do something about it.

I do online checkin once all of our travel plans are finalized. Of course our flights could change, but going in and making that update is pretty simple. We only prepay tips if we have booked ATD, which is most of the time. If we did traditional, we wouldn't prepay.

We never pre pay tips. We have on board credit and they take the tips out of that.

So, you are allowed to use your OBC for payment of tips? :confused:

We only prepay tips if we have booked ATD, which is most of the time. If we did traditional, we wouldn't prepay.

Can I ask what ATD or traditional has to do with whether or not you prepay tips? I don't get it.

So, you are allowed to use your OBC for payment of tips? :confused:

Can I ask what ATD or traditional has to do with whether or not you prepay tips? I don't get it.

If you book anytime dining you are required to prepay the tips where traditional dining you are not and they just add them to your S&S account. Or perhaps I am confusing this with some other lines I have cruised?

Edited by dioxide45

If you book anytime dining you are required to prepay the tips where traditional dining you are not and they just add them to your S&S account.

Is this something new within the last year? We last sailed in 2013 and we did ATD and never prepaid the tips. :confused:

Okay, I am confusing CCL with other lines we sailed. Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. My bad. RCCL requires prepaid gratuities when you use My Time Dining. I think this is because they don't add gratuity to sign and sail and do the envelope thing. Celebrity we had free gratuities from our travel agent.

Edited by dioxide45

Okay, I am confusing CCL with other lines we sailed. Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. My bad. RCCL requires prepaid gratuities when you use My Time Dining. I think this is because they don't add gratuity to sign and sail and do the envelope thing. Celebrity we had free gratuities from our travel agent, but I think they have the same policy as Royal Caribbean.

I'm not doubting you, just wondering if this is a change since we last cruised so that I can be prepared. :)

Can anyone else confirm?

I'm not doubting you, just wondering if this is a change since we last cruised so that I can be prepared. :)

Can anyone else confirm?

You have every reason to doubt me :) You do not need to prepay gratuities with Any Time Dining on Carnival. I was confusing this with Royal. Now I can switch all of our cruises to ATD.