Angus Beef Sliders

My DH felt the same way about this menu. He felt they were very good. --soft rolls and small hamburger patties and they came with fries. DH was glad not to have mashed potatoes again. If I remember correctly there were only 2 sliders.

The waiter tried to discourage him from getting them.

we always do a specialty, or room service on Saffron day.

IMNSHO the sliders are not all that. I get better at any local chain restaurant at home.

you could always get double or triple appetizers/soup/salad and skip the entree. I have done that a few times. I could drink a gallon of the French onion soup or any of the cold fruit ones...

Has anyone had the beef sliders in the MDR? Are they good? There's not much else on the Saffron menu that appeals to me.

Saffron is my least favorite also, Last time I got an entree and also ordered the sliders, I thought they were very good, If I remember correctly you got two and they had carmelized onions on them with fries.

On our last cruise we had forgotten there's not much we enjoy on the Saffron menu. My husband ordered the sliders - he thinks there were three but isn't sure - he is sure he enjoyed them.

In the past I have ordered an appetizer, soup, and a salad, which easily satisfies me, to avoid the saffron entrees, but on our last cruise someone had told me adults can order from the children's menu. I had the chicken tenders with honey/mustard sauce and enjoyed them immensely. We cruise on Vision on 2/28, and my plan is to do that again.

Margy

Edited by Margy23

I found the sliders to be OK, a little spicy for me. But one of my favorite items are the steak fries that come with the sliders. I order them with many other items and always find them to be crisp and tasty. As someone mentioned, as an adult I sometimes order the mac & cheese from the kids menu. And if all else fails and I've gone to the dining room to sit with friends and don't like any entrees, I order a salad, a soup, the steak fries, and dessert. Not healthy but once a cruise is OK :-). I'm always surprised when cruisers say they didn't know they could go totally off the standard meals on the menu. If you have a great waiter they will customize your meals.