"Dancing of the Ships" Speculation

cruisexlife

I knew it! And said as much earlier in the week when John said that "week of April 6" crap. Not sure why almost every other line can release schedules by now and do it when they say they will but Carnival can't. A tad off-putting even for this Carnival fan. Whatever.

I knew it! And said as much earlier in the week when John said that "week of April 6" crap. Not sure why almost every other line can release schedules by now and do it when they say they will but Carnival can't. A tad off-putting even for this Carnival fan. Whatever.

Agreed.

Had a feeling this would happen. Extremely disappointed, waited weeks for this and nothing. Hopefully we will know before summer? Why can't they just tell us already if they already know what ships are going where? And they only release like 3-4 ships at a time, meanwhile, RCL already released most of their itineraries already. I don't understand why it takes carnival ages to SLOWLY put out their itineraries. RCL and NCL are ready to go with their itineraries, why can't carnival do the same? This announcement better be worth all this waiting.

Had a feeling this would happen. Extremely disappointed, waited weeks for this and nothing. Hopefully we will know before summer? Why can't they just tell us already if they already know what ships are going where? And they only release like 3-4 ships at a time, meanwhile, RCL already released most of their itineraries already. I don't understand why it takes carnival ages to SLOWLY put out their itineraries. RCL and NCL are ready to go with their itineraries, why can't carnival do the same? This announcement better be worth all this waiting.

Agreed. All this bellyaching isn't going to do a bit of good, but I'm doing it anyway, lol!:D

I guess my annoyance is that all of the other major lines released their information and did so when they said they would - whenever it was. John puts up on his page that he knows all of the information yet won't tell a snippet of it. And waited until today to do it. What is that?? Then you've got all the comments afterwards - oh it's o.k. John, we still love you. We understand. Not your fault. Baaahhhhh! Baaahhh!

Nobody said it was his fault and what's love got to do with it??! Your word is supposed to be your bond. Say what you mean and mean what you say. Period.

End rant.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

I'm new to Carnival so not familiar with the Dancing of the Ships. Can someone please tell me,when they finally do make the announcement, when will the changes happen? Are the new locations for 2016 itineraries or would they happen sooner than that?

I'm new to Carnival so not familiar with the Dancing of the Ships. Can someone please tell me,when they finally do make the announcement, when will the changes happen? Are the new locations for 2016 itineraries or would they happen sooner than that?

Next week it will happen (If they don't delay it). I'm expecting Fascination and Miracle to Tampa, Victory to San Juan, Magic to Port Canaveral, and Inspiration to Miami.

Captain Carnival, could you tell us what you think is going to come to Tampa? The Beards at Carnival already know, so why are they withholding this information?

Depends on the ship but nut not until May 2016 at least (usually that is).

Next week it will happen (If they don't delay it). I'm expecting Fascination and Miracle to Tampa, Victory to San Juan, Magic to Port Canaveral, and Inspiration to Miami.

Captain Carnival, could you tell us what you think is going to come to Tampa? The Beards at Carnival already know, so why are they withholding this information?

The Magic is already booked out of TX for July 2016, and Fascination is out of Puerto Rico for July 2016. Would they still move them?:eek:

They could still move them even if there are cruises booked, they would just swap the ship.

I do know 1 ship that is staying put. I said in his post today that we were disappointed the announcement was delayed because we just wanted to know if we would be sailing on the ship we booked, the Conquest in Ft Lauderdale (and if not, we hoped they would still have a Blue Iguana). He replied no worries, we will definitely still be on the Conquest.

Edited by NoDayButToday

If they do send the Miracle and Inspiration back to Florida, do you think Carnival would send something back to the West to replace the Miracle? I'm not too worried about the Inspiration leaving (if this is true) because it has been here since 2011 and is doing the same exact itineraries as the Imagination. I'm just worried about the 7 day Mexican Riviera Runs that could be affected if Miracle leaves to Tampa. I love the 7 day Mexican Riviera trips, just got back from one 2 weeks ago.

...Captain Carnival, could you tell us what you think is going to come to Tampa? The Beards at Carnival already know, so why are they withholding this information?...

Sure they know and trust me here everything and I mean everything is subject to change. What's happening here is a coordinated effort in releasing both the repositioning's an the Carnival Live schedule at the same time. It's a business decision and really nothing more.

I am not sure why they fill the need to start playing games again. I hate when they give a date for an announcement and then postpone it!!!

I take the date of an announcement that Carnival makes to be a precursor for a pre-announcement of a pre-announcement of a pre-announcement!

While do people still fall for this? I wish John would just say I don't know!!!

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Sure they know and trust me here everything and I mean everything is subject to change. What's happening here is a coordinated effort in releasing both the repositioning's an the Carnival Live schedule at the same time. It's a business decision and really nothing more.

Very logical and reasonable. Not sure why people are getting so bent out of shape because an announcement is being pushed off a few more days. Be thankful Carnival has a media outlet that keeps people in the loop about such things. I don't believe the other major cruise lines do.

Very logical and reasonable. Not sure why people are getting so bent out of shape because an announcement is being pushed off a few more days. Be thankful Carnival has a media outlet that keeps people in the loop about such things. I don't believe the other major cruise lines do.

I am getting bent out of shape because they have delayed this announcement for about a month now.

People are getting bent out of shape because many live near a port where there are rumored to receive a different ship. For example, the folks in Tampa have anxiously been waiting months to know what ship might be sent there for the 7 day Western Caribbean runs and the folks in Port Canaveral are waiting to see if the Magic will be moving over there. Also, people on the west coast are curious to see what carnival is going to do with the Miracle. So yes people are getting bent out of shape because they are anxious for the news.

In terms of trying to make plans and counting on what people say coupled by the fact that competing lines have stuck by their word, yes people are justified to be bent out of shape. Carnival should over estimate for announcements. Not under estimate. That way people can be pleasantly surprised instead of the opposite. Also it was in poor taste to wait until the day you were finally finishing this long drawn out dance to instead say my bad, give us until next week. Sorry, that was not cool even if JH tried to make light of it.

No the delay isn't a "first world problem," but in context for cruise fans who have been patiently waiting, it is annoying.

I am getting bent out of shape because Carnival plays games with announcements once again. You are right...NO OTHER CRUISE LINES PLAYS GAMES WITH ANNOUNCEMENTS...THEY JUST ANNOUNCE IT!:rolleyes:

It is so irritating when they say something will be released only to log on and see JH say oops...next week...then...oops tomorrow and then NOTHING.

See the irritation now?