LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas * Feb 15, 2015 * Western Caribbean!

ckrobyn

Good morning to all my cruise friends! Wake up we are boarding the Freedom of the Seas today [emoji41]

Time to secure the luggage tags to the suitcases, grab my first morning coffee, load up the car, and head to Port Canaveral!

26 cruises, and this never gets old!!!

I was already up and ready. Secured my luggage tags last night! :D

Glad to hear that after 26 cruises it is still exciting! My wife and I are planning our 7th. Planning on the Freedom Dec. 6th cruise. I'm already excited and looking forward to following you this week!

Hey there! Looks like you are having a great time! I do have a question if not too much trouble. We are interested in the Mystery Dinner Theatre. Our family went last year on Jewel of the Seas and even though it was corny we had a great time. We would like to go again on our upcoming cruise - March 22 - however Royal cannot tell me what the show is! I do know it is on the first night in Portofino, does the Compass have the name/subject of the show? Don't really want to see the same show twice. :rolleyes:

Thanks for all your postings! Just reading them has gotten me really excited for our upcoming week!

Hey there! Looks like you are having a great time! I do have a question if not too much trouble. We are interested in the Mystery Dinner Theatre. Our family went last year on Jewel of the Seas and even though it was corny we had a great time. We would like to go again on our upcoming cruise - March 22 - however Royal cannot tell me what the show is! I do know it is on the first night in Portofino, does the Compass have the name/subject of the show? Don't really want to see the same show twice. :rolleyes:

Thanks for all your postings! Just reading them has gotten me really excited for our upcoming week!

We're sailing together! I had wanted to do the mystery dinner too but RCI's website only had it listed for our first night? Do they only offer this once?

Robyn, you are the absolute best! Thank you again for posting live. If you have a chance can you take a picture of the suite pool seating area. Also, I can't find much information on the spa. Have you been? Is there a facial you can recommend? Any pictures?

Enjoy your evening at sea.

Hey Bestie!! Happy Family Day!!

Glad you are having a great time. Your pictures are great!! You missed another freeze-your-a$$ off day at home.

I'm glad you made it to the M & M. How many is that now? 3/26?:D Fun prize.

Enjoy your day at Labadee. Take lots of cabana pictures.

No flights yet.:p:eek::rolleyes: Miss you! <3

Edited by Shar27

Robyn, I would be interested in knowing how the situation with mosquitoes is in Labadee tomorrow, if you have time, as I have heard mixed things about that port. Just wondering how many precautions we should be taking, if we should get the malaria prevention medicine.

I was just at Labadee last week no bugs on me or my wife

Hi Robyn, glad you're enjoying your first sea day. Love the pictures. :D

I look forward to seeing your pictures of the over-the-water cabanas at Labadee. I have one reserved through the concierge for my upcoming Liberty cruise, although I have no idea which one we'll be assigned. (sorry if I'm repeating myself...lots of "plates on sticks" here at home.)

Thanks again for doing the live review. We feel like we're cruising along with you! :)

The first thing I did this morning was check but Freedom has not reported a postion since 7:30 last night. when you run into the captain tell him I am not happy.;)

Well, here she was at around 5:30 PM yesterday. Our location is about a mile south of Ron Jon's in Cocoa Beach. What we need is a group of spotters to report on her movements. My Cuban grandfather was a spotter in the Caribbean for the US Navy in WW2. :D

ry%3D400

Thanks for sharing! Believe it or not, I've actually never sailed on the Freedom. I'll be trying her out for the first time this summer!

We are on the week after you, and we are on Oasis two weeks after you

Edited by John&LaLa
none

Hey Bestie!! Happy Family Day!!

Glad you are having a great time. Your pictures are great!! You missed another freeze-your-a$$ off day at home.

I'm glad you made it to the M & M. How many is that now? 3/26?:D Fun prize.

Enjoy your day at Labadee. Take lots of cabana pictures.

No flights yet.:p:eek::rolleyes: Miss you! <3

Hey BFF :)

I can guarantee I am NOT missing the cold weather!

Book your flight!

xoxoxoxo

Hi Robyn!

Those are gorgeous sunset pictures! What type of camera do you use?

I'm the one who asked about the first formal night on the Eastern itinerary.

Hope you sleep well. Enjoy your cabana tomorrow!

Cheryl

Cheryl - believe it or not, I use my iphone 5S :D

Hi Robyn, glad you're enjoying your first sea day. Love the pictures. :D

I look forward to seeing your pictures of the over-the-water cabanas at Labadee. I have one reserved through the concierge for my upcoming Liberty cruise, although I have no idea which one we'll be assigned. (sorry if I'm repeating myself...lots of "plates on sticks" here at home.)

Thanks again for doing the live review. We feel like we're cruising along with you! :)

Jules - there will be lots of pictures of my OTW cabana tomorrow!

Stay tuned :)

We're sailing together! I had wanted to do the mystery dinner too but RCI's website only had it listed for our first night? Do they only offer this once?

Robyn, you are the absolute best! Thank you again for posting live. If you have a chance can you take a picture of the suite pool seating area. Also, I can't find much information on the spa. Have you been? Is there a facial you can recommend? Any pictures?

Enjoy your evening at sea.

If there was a Mystery dinner it wasn't well advertised - I haven't seen anything about it :rolleyes:

I will be sure to take a picture of the suite pool seating area tomorrow. I'm not a spa person when I cruise, sorry! Maybe someone else with more knowledge can give you some tips?

Tomorrow is Labadee and I will be posting later in the afternoon. There will be many pictures and commentary.

The cruise compass tonight promises sunny skies and 92 degree temps.

Who loves Labadee????

ME!

See you all tomorrow, LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas!! :D

Tomorrow is Labadee and I will be posting later in the afternoon. There will be many pictures and commentary.

The cruise compass tonight promises sunny skies and 92 degree temps.

Who loves Labadee????

ME!

See you all tomorrow, LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas!! :D

Labadee is one of my favorites. Looking forward to the pictures :)

Sent fron my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

I looked at Nassau, but I'm not sure of the Freedom's route. Sometimes the ship's superstructure blocks signal to a particular station, or another ship between the ship and station can block. Also, larger ports have higher AIS towers than smaller ports, so coverage can vary. It is odd that she has been out of coverage, would like to see when she pops up around the T&C.

Still no sign of the ship since leaving Port Canaveral. Talk about stealth!:D