LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas * Feb 15, 2015 * Western Caribbean!

ckrobyn

2c7a83028a1d2d0e471cb45083d7924a.jpg

I may or may not be playing these machines this week. Let's just go with definitely yes, ok? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our favourite!!! Those machines were very Shar27 friendly on our last cruise if you recall! :p:D:D:rolleyes:

Not to take away from the live report but I can answer these and then maybe the op with have a different take on things.

1.I was in a g.s and it was not refurbed but it is a great room. The room didn't look worn or appear to need any refurb. The concierge is great and very helpful. You will enjoy it. Friends stayed in a js. and this room was also the same as previous trips.

2. I ate in all of the restaurants. Gio's was very good. I loved the veal. It can end up being a ton of food with it being family style.

Sabor may have been my favorite meal all week. The service was great. I highly recommend the chicken stuffed with jalapeño and wrapped in bacon. It was awesome. If you are looking for authentic Mexican then this isn't it but still really good. The pulled pork tacos also really good.

Chops was typical of past experiences for me. I have always liked everything there and this was no different.

If I was to rank my experience it would be Sabor, Gio's, & Chops. I was on the first week after dry dock so I imagine things in Sabor/Gios will only improve as the staff gets used to the restaurants in the coming weeks. You will have a great week. The staff across the board may have been the best I have sailed with. Very friendly and helpful across the board.

Thank you so much for your thoughts on my questions. I really appreciate it! I'm an OCD planner and this trip is really messing with my mojo because I have no idea what to expect. I don't want to overshoot my expectations and be disappointed. Still learning how to go with the flow :)

You can check into a Four Seasons or a Hyatt in pretty much any city and know what you're getting if you've stayed at a property previously. That's how I've traveled my entire adult life. Cruising is a whole new ballgame!

Enough of me hijacking Robyn's thread though. Thanks again.

Freedom is passing Quantum. We can't see the hot tub on the port side. The view is of the stern.

You would have thought that the two ships would have done more of a horn blowing fest. :rolleyes:

Edited by Ocean Boy

Thank you! It looks like that is from July 2014 though. There are reports that the rates on Oasis today were significantly less than they were a few weeks ago so I was wondering if they have dropped on Freedom too.

8149367d184278748fb13789931621fd.jpg

The Royal Promenade, a favorite of mine [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know if all the lighting was updated to LED? It may have been to save energy and give a more natural light look. Just curious. Have fun [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji568]

Thank you! It looks like that is from July 2014 though. There are reports that the rates on Oasis today were significantly less than they were a few weeks ago so I was wondering if they have dropped on Freedom too.

I believe Oasis has the new O3B internet system. I suspect when Freedom gets that, ten Freedom's prices will drop too.

Oasis has a new high speed, high bandwidth system in place which is why they were able to drop the prices. Not sure when Freedom and other ships will get the new system.

Those rates listed on the prior link were exactly the same as the 2/1 cruise 2 weeks ago.
Lower prices were just introduced on Allure as per a friend who is cruising on the ship. The Internet Speed is much faster and the price is $105 for one device and $140 for two devices for the week. C&A coupons can be applied to the packages. The question for Robyn is whether FR has the older plans or newer plans with faster internet.

I'm m pretty there will be lots of us from the north because of March break. Annnnnd to escape the freezer.

I assume you will be too? Almost time :)

yes! we are coming! You are correct,March break so we are migrating South :)