LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas * Feb 15, 2015 * Western Caribbean!

ckrobyn

Someone asked earlier about reserved seating for suite guests in the WJ. According to Rahul's introduction letter, suite guests can sit in Giovanni's Table for both breakfast and lunch.

I know a lot of people take advantage of this perk, but we never have. We are the weird one's who actually enjoy the hustle and bustle of the Windjammer :rolleyes:

Good morning, Robyn!

Thanks again for your live report, I'm really enjoying it.

Do you know if they have breakfast for suite guests in Chops? They offered it on Brilliance, and it was one of my favorite perks.

Have a great day! :)

Today's weather looks perfect. Beautiful sunrise (I watched it from bed) and now the sun is coming up strong. The air temp still feels a bit cool - we haven't hit the Caribbean air yet I don't think? I have no idea where we are at this exact moment - one of you likely does, so fill me in :D

The first thing I did this morning was check but Freedom has not reported a postion since 7:30 last night. when you run into the captain tell him I am not happy.;)

Loving the pictures that you have posted so far. The lighting in Promenade is so much better in your pics that so many that I have seen before. I was worried that the ship was dark and dull, but I can certainly tell that it is not. Only 8 more sailaways until I get to see for myself.

The Meet and Mingle is scheduled for 10AM in the Olive or Twist lounge. Our roll call was pretty slow and I think we only got 30 registered, and probably only half will show up :rolleyes: This could mean better chances at RCI swag for ckrobyn!!!

I'm about to head out to breakfast - aaaaaaah, the first breakfast in the Windjammer - we all have our favorites don't we?

More later, and pics too!

You've already met my expectations for today, as I peek in here at work where we just missed the worst of the cold weather and it is 1F here today. 10 degrees warmer than people just 100 miles (160km) from where I am, but this cold is killing me this year, so I am peaking in pretending I'm there. I was looking for verification of where and when the M&M was. Ours could be different, but I'm guessing it will be the same. Our roll call is/was slow by my standards. My 2008 Freedom roll call went 6000+ messages as did my 2013 Allure one, but this one is well under that and has 38 people signed up. Enjoy your day.

The first thing I did this morning was check but Freedom has not reported a postion since 7:30 last night. when you run into the captain tell him I am not happy.;)

The same thing happened two weeks ago, I don't know if there are dead spots where that signal can't be picked up? I probably would have considered a paid subscription to Marine traffic.com, but the updates are pretty sporadic.

Hi everyone :) I have officially set up my internet account, and now I can be sure to post each day! I am surprising myself by how much I am enjoying doing this Live report?!

Sailaway was great today - the weather was perfect, it wasn't windy up on deck 12, and I got to see the Quantum up close and personal! We stayed up on deck 12 for a while before heading down to the cabin to unpack. Our luggage arrived at about 5:00pm, so we were able to change our clothes and freshen up for dinner. We have late seating which is at 8pm on the Freedom.

I just came back from the Concierge Lounge where I had the pleasure of meeting Rahul - I have heard great things about him, and he certainly is welcoming and attentive. I picked up my Barefoot Beach Cabana tickets for Labadee - looking forward to enjoying a lovely day floating around on a mat :D

I was correct in my earlier post when I said Casey Pelter the CD is not onboard, our CD for this cruise is Belle (I have yet to see her, but have heard her voice because so far there are definitely onboard announcements).

I am off to dinner soon, but first I will check out the shops on the Promenade since they are now open!

Glad you are enjoying my report :)

Thanks for posting a live report, question- how far in advance did you reserve the cabana ? Thanks again............B

Good Morning everyone! Is it just me, or does even the worst sleeper, have the BEST sleeps on cruise ships??? Last night the ship was rocking perfectly......and I simply drifted off into a relaxed and happy slumber :o

It's about 7:45AM as I type this, and true to his word, DH is out on the pool deck sitting in the chair(s) we will occupy all day today, as it is our first sea day. I am quite sure as Bill already mentioned, that the chair hogs will be out in full force by now, but all that will be on their chairs is a towel, flip flops and maybe a book.....not an actual person. Personally speaking, I think chair saving/hogging is rude and unfair behavior. Either sit in your chair or give it to someone else who has circled the pool deck 5 times looking for seating. Okay, rant over...LOL

Today's weather looks perfect. Beautiful sunrise (I watched it from bed) and now the sun is coming up strong. The air temp still feels a bit cool - we haven't hit the Caribbean air yet I don't think? I have no idea where we are at this exact moment - one of you likely does, so fill me in :D

The Meet and Mingle is scheduled for 10AM in the Olive or Twist lounge. Our roll call was pretty slow and I think we only got 30 registered, and probably only half will show up :rolleyes: This could mean better chances at RCI swag for ckrobyn!!!

I'm about to head out to breakfast - aaaaaaah, the first breakfast in the Windjammer - we all have our favorites don't we?

More later, and pics too!

You never know, you might win one of these terrific 64meg (yes meg :eek:) Royal data sticks that we won. Good for storing a couple dozen pictures. :p

14358944053_96434caa78_z.jpg

The same thing happened two weeks ago, I don't know if there are dead spots where that signal can't be picked up? I probably would have considered a paid subscription to Marine traffic.com, but the updates are pretty sporadic.

Don't waste your money. Yes, there are dead spots. AIS is strictly line of sight, so anytime the ship is more than about 40 miles from a station, not just land, it won't report. The satellite AIS that they tout as better coverage is limited to one update every 24 hours, so not much improvement, unless you are tracking a TA.

Good morning, Robyn!

Thanks again for your live report, I'm really enjoying it.

Do you know if they have breakfast for suite guests in Chops? They offered it on Brilliance, and it was one of my favorite perks.

Have a great day! :)

Yes suites can do made to order/or take food in Chops. For Diamonds the seating is in Gios. with you getting food from wj.

Robyn, enjoy your day of warmth in the sun, you deserve it!!

Would you mind asking Rahul or some other knowledgeable person when the first formal night on the Eastern itinerary is held? We're getting conflicting information as to whether it's Day 2, Coco Cay or Day 3, first day at sea.

Thanks so much for taking time from your holiday to keep us dreaming!

Cheryl

Do you take turns going to breakfast? Will DH be going to M & M?

Yes, exactly. I'd really like to know. We slept in until 9 or so every day, had brunch and then attempted to find deck seating around 11 each sea day. Impossibly vexing. One day we actually gave up and left...nothing but "saved seats" everywhere, all levels. So incredibly off-putting and discouraging. [emoji53]

The Michael Kors store was on the ship when we sailed last April. I think its been there since the last dry dock. The prices are not really discounted. They are the same prices that are in the stores. The one advantage I guess is that its duty free. I did get a great MK wallet at a discounted price which was really cool.

Is the cupcake cupboard gone? Last time we sailed, I took a cupcake decorating class that was really fun.