LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas * Feb 15, 2015 * Western Caribbean!

ckrobyn

It's been a few years since we were on the Freedom. Our last cruises were on the Oasis and Allure where you have to plan your entertainment ahead and now I can't remember if there is a show every night on the Freedom. If we want to go to the ice show do we have to miss a show in the theater? I see that I can reserve seats at the ice show but don't know what I will miss if I do.

It's been a few years since we were on the Freedom. Our last cruises were on the Oasis and Allure where you have to plan your entertainment ahead and now I can't remember if there is a show every night on the Freedom. If we want to go to the ice show do we have to miss a show in the theater? I see that I can reserve seats at the ice show but don't know what I will miss if I do.

The ice show performances are not usually scheduled at the same time as theater shows.

The ice show performances are not usually scheduled at the same time as theater shows.

Bob - inquiring minds want to know why your office is so messy? What kind of work do you do, besides being a rock star answering questions on CC?

ckrobyn,

Thanks so much for taking the time out of your vacation to take us along with you and answer questions. We will be cruising on the Freedom in August in a Royal Family Suite and you mentioned the suite breakfast in Giovanni's and Chops but I was not clear on whether they offer a menu and waiters or if it was just to bring your plate in from the Windjammer. We have always enjoyed the suite make-to-order breakfasts in the specialty restaurants and will be very disappointed if this perk has been taken away. Thanks again for your help and I am glad you had a great cruise!!

ckrobyn,

Thanks so much for taking the time out of your vacation to take us along with you and answer questions. We will be cruising on the Freedom in August in a Royal Family Suite and you mentioned the suite breakfast in Giovanni's and Chops but I was not clear on whether they offer a menu and waiters or if it was just to bring your plate in from the Windjammer. We have always enjoyed the suite make-to-order breakfasts in the specialty restaurants and will be very disappointed if this perk has been taken away. Thanks again for your help and I am glad you had a great cruise!!

Honestly I am not sure. What I am definitely sure of is that suites can enjoy their breakfast in Chops, whether there is a menu or you bring it in from the Windjammer I don't know. It's one of the perks I didn't use....

Edited by ckrobyn

Bob - inquiring minds want to know why your office is so messy? What kind of work do you do, besides being a rock star answering questions on CC?

Computer network geek.

What kind of work do you do?

Edited by clarea

Thank you Robyn for all the information and pictures of the Freedom. We will be on her in 5 weeks. Is there still a Reggae band at the pool? Is there still other music around the ship? Can you use your 3 diamond level vouchers at the pool bar around 5ish?

I wouldn't call the pool band "Reggae", but they did a good job singing a lot of familiar Caribbean tunes :)

I'm not sure, but I think you can use the vouchers by the pool - I remember reading that you can't use them in the MDR.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Thank you Robyn for your response. It seems some ships (Carnival) are removing the live music by the pool due to the large movie screen. I enjoy the live music. I will miss the Captain's annoucements!!

The only announcement the Captain made was on disembarkation morning at7:00AM letting everyone know they could leave the ship :cool:

The only announcement the Captain made was on disembarkation morning at7:00AM letting everyone know they could leave the ship :cool:

So there were no Captain's announcements all week? How about the usual CD announcements?

So there were no Captain's announcements all week? How about the usual CD announcements?

There were no announcements of any kind. It was kind of strange actually. Part of me felt like I was missing things, but then I realized I didn't miss the announcements for bingo all day long! I got used to carrying the compass with me for easy reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were no announcements of any kind. It was kind of strange actually. Part of me felt like I was missing things, but then I realized I didn't miss the announcements for bingo all day long! I got used to carrying the compass with me for easy reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can you post the compasses ? Thanks:cool:

Am thinking of sailing on Freedom in November with my daughter. Can you tell me if there are hot tubs in the Solarium?

Yes, there are two hot tubs in the Solarium on Freedom. Guests must be 16 and over to use the Solarium.

Did you happen to eat at Sabor? I searched the thread but didn't see where you said you did.

I love that they added this restaurant. Rita's Cantina is just gross!

No, I did not eat at Sabor. I'm not a huge fan of Mexican food....