LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas * Feb 15, 2015 * Western Caribbean!

ckrobyn

Robyn, I would be interested in knowing how the situation with mosquitoes is in Labadee tomorrow, if you have time, as I have heard mixed things about that port. Just wondering how many precautions we should be taking, if we should get the malaria prevention medicine.

Just back from Labadee and no bugs.

Thanks for the report (although I'm not sure how you found the time to do it). We'll be taking our second new years cruise on her in December and can hardly wait.

Wishing you a safe trip home.

Well, I had unlimited internet....I carried my iPhone around....and when the mood struck (which was pretty often!) I posted [emoji106]it was so easy to upload pictures instantly I couldn't resist. You guys saw things moments after I did!

Thanks for following!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes! The sun is shining and even though I woke to 10 F in Columbia yesterday with the sun shining, it is now 57 F in Charleston with enough sun to see out on the back patio and dream of being on the ship!!!!!!

What part of Charleston do you live in?

Cheryl

West Ashley/Carolina Bay. How 'bout y'all?

We just got back a couple of weeks ago, so I am loving this review to keep me on " vacation". Can't wait to be on our first Freedom cruise in November. I love being able to drive to the port.

West Ashley/Carolina Bay. How 'bout y'all?

We just got back a couple of weeks ago' date=' so I am loving this review to keep me on " vacation". Can't wait to be on our first Freedom cruise in November. I love being able to drive to the port.[/quote']

Summerville, Del Webb! I retired here almost 4 years ago.

I just can't believe we're down to 2 weeks! The only thing better would be if Royal would leave from Charleston!

Cheryl

Summerville, Del Webb! I retired here almost 4 years ago.

I just can't believe we're down to 2 weeks! The only thing better would be if Royal would leave from Charleston!

Cheryl

Ditto on sailing out of Charleston. I wonder if we will ever see it. Doubtful, but you never know. We have only been here 1 1/2 yrs. from Michigan. We love it! We'll be up your way for the azalea festival in a little while. Loved it last year. Have a wonderful cruise! I'll be dreaming of ours. Lol

Uuuuuuugh!!!!!! I'm already bundled up in my long pants and hoodie [emoji25]

Like the Ikea ad, you will be saying "Start the Car! Start the car!"

Thanks for the great review.

Andrew

Let us know when you get home safe and sound....thanks again for a great virtual week.

Agree! Hope you had a safe trip home. Thanks for doing this Live Thread -- you allayed a lot of my apprehensions--especially on embarkation. Smooth, east embarkation except for poor signage leading to port and in garage

Sherri, glad to see you are onboard!!!!

Saw Freedom led the parade out of the gate today!

Tell us more!!!!!

Cheryl

We did leave first. We always have a drink at Bolero's while waiting for the elevators to clear and could see from the Port C webcam that they were letting line go and before we could get back to our room, we were leaving. Nice sailaway -- great time on CL with Rahul.

Had trouble signing up for Internet on my I phone but with GR help was able to do so---$105 for one device minus D+ discount of $29.95 so I will use that for I phone & DH will use his free minutes for printing etc. Internet is slow compared to QN & OA class

Roasted sirloin substituted for Prime RibIn MDR - tasty but not as tender.

As Robyn reported, ship refurbished where needed but not a total refurbishment -- ship looks great. Seems like they changed some DR table numbers as there are now more cabins.

Hmmmmm.... that's a tough one. Both are fantastic ships. However you asked if I HAD to choose.....so, I would choose the Adventure. As you can see by my signature, we have sailed the AOS about a dozen times! We absolutely love the southern itinerary. The other reason we choose to sail out of Sam Juan is because we are guaranteed hot weather the second we step off the plane. The day we arrived in Orlando this time, we were met by a lovely cold front that hung around for the 3 days we were here pre-cruise. If I am leaving winter, I want warmth!

Whichever you choose, you will have the best time, you can't go wrong either way [emoji3]

I agtee. I don't thnk Freedom has that much over Adventure and the southern Caribbean is the best. I love walking out of the airport in San Juan and feeling the heat.

Aren't you booked for an upcoming Oasis cruise Robyn? I was thinking you were booked at one time in a new Aft GS.

Yes I was, but I ended up canceling and booking the Adventure. One of the reasons was the controversy over the new aft GS's and their lack of space, and the other was simply that we wanted to do the southern itinerary again since we skipped it this year.

I'm sure the Oasis is an incredible ship, but I don't have a huge desire to sail her right now. One of these days I'm sure I will [emoji4]

Yes I was, but I ended up canceling and booking the Adventure. One of the reasons was the controversy over the new aft GS's and their lack of space, and the other was simply that we wanted to do the southern itinerary again since we skipped it this year.

I'm sure the Oasis is an incredible ship, but I don't have a huge desire to sail her right now. One of these days I'm sure I will [emoji4]

Those southern itineraries are very alluring, pun intended. I want to go back soon to get the other islands.