LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas * Feb 15, 2015 * Western Caribbean!

ckrobyn

90fa661227a2cafeb83a5595c065a8ab.jpg

I am enjoying the Tutti Salad Bar in the MDR today. I am sitting with a great family from Maine, here they are!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Robyn!

Thank you so much for taking this great photo of my family! It actually turned out to be the only family photo from the cruise! It was such a pleasure meeting you and your lovely daughter. I so appreciated all the time you took to post everything from the cruise, it was like reliving it again with all the great pictures. I am already trying to finagle another cruise, I loved Freedom so much it is hard to pick another ship to try! Thanks again for your great live report, after watching this board for years I finally joined! Wendy

Hi Robyn!

Thank you so much for taking this great photo of my family! It actually turned out to be the only family photo from the cruise! It was such a pleasure meeting you and your lovely daughter. I so appreciated all the time you took to post everything from the cruise, it was like reliving it again with all the great pictures. I am already trying to finagle another cruise, I loved Freedom so much it is hard to pick another ship to try! Thanks again for your great live report, after watching this board for years I finally joined! Wendy

Hi Wendy [emoji4] it was such a delight to enjoy lunch with you and your family. I am so glad you found this thread and that you are now an official member of cruise critic! Please say hello to your husband and kids, hope to see you on a Royal Caribbean ship soon!

Why wouldn't she? [emoji15]

Exactly, there haven't been any issues with the ship this week based on the emails I have had from my Mom.

They got into St Thomas around 11:30am today. Weather has been beautiful and seas have been calm.

They arrived at the new terminal at 10:30 on Sunday, checked in and boarded immediately.

Exactly, there haven't been any issues with the ship this week based on the emails I have had from my Mom.

They got into St Thomas around 11:30am today. Weather has been beautiful and seas have been calm.

They arrived at the new terminal at 10:30 on Sunday, checked in and boarded immediately.

Great to hear - especially that the seas are calm! :)

On the bridge tour, the first officer made it clear that making it to ports on time without the fixipod was not going to be an issue. Information straight from the horses mouth.

I was glad to see and hear she made it safely to port today. I know she's been doing great, i'm just a little anxious to know she's making it with no problems. I wonder if they worked on the system today. Someone had said they'd be working on her in St Thomas and St Maarten.

Cheryl

Hey Robyn,

I enjoyed your review. Quick question about the vibration in the aft. I am scheduled to sail on 3-29 and we have one of the very aft cabins (6710). How bad was the vibration in the aft? I am thinking about seeing if I can change cabins.

Ursula

Hey Robyn,

I enjoyed your review. Quick question about the vibration in the aft. I am scheduled to sail on 3-29 and we have one of the very aft cabins (6710). How bad was the vibration in the aft? I am thinking about seeing if I can change cabins.

Ursula

Hi Ursula;

From what I heard from a few passengers with aft cabins , it was pretty bad. Personally I have stayed in aft cabins on many cruises and never felt any real vibration. Maybe this is caused as a result of the propulsion system not functioning 100%?

Hi Ursula;

From what I heard from a few passengers with aft cabins , it was pretty bad. Personally I have stayed in aft cabins on many cruises and never felt any real vibration. Maybe this is caused as a result of the propulsion system not functioning 100%?

Robyn, you are correct. At the Captain's Corner on the Feb 2nd sailing, Capt Ron mentioned that there was still a vibration due to running the AziPods at full power. I would assume the vibration will go away after the FixiPod is repaired. in any case, the vibration was not as bad as it was on my Freedom OTS cruise in August.

Thank you for your fabulous live post.

Randy

Robyn, you are correct. At the Captain's Corner on the Feb 2nd sailing, Capt Ron mentioned that there was still a vibration due to running the AziPods at full power. I would assume the vibration will go away after the FixiPod is repaired. in any case, the vibration was not as bad as it was on my Freedom OTS cruise in August.

Randy

Thanks Randy :) I surprised even myself with how much I enjoyed reporting Live!

Robyn, thanks for an amazing review! Did you folks ever have any in suite meals delivered? Also, if you have any other pictures of the suite itself, please post.

We did not dine in our suite this time - although we thought about it a few times! We were actually cruising with another couple and really enjoyed our dinner together in the main dining room.

The glass table for 4 was lovely and inviting :)

I believe I posted most of the suite pictures, but I will check when I get home and if there are any I missed, I will get them up here!

You will love the OS!

Robyn, I think we're hoping you will continue to post even though you're back home. You make it appealing to want to read more.

Thanks Bonnie :)

I will continue to post, and answer questions related to my cruise or the FOS.

I don't think the moderators will keep this thread going if it turns into a personal blog! LOL :eek:

Randy

We will be on FOS mid July in cabins 6376 and 6378 which is AFT and now I am worried about these vibrations everyone is talking about. I am wondering if I am going to have to try to change cabins. I didn't pick the front of the ship because we did that before and hear the water slamming into the ship so it kept us up. The middle didn't have any cabins available. Do you think they will get this fixed?

We will be on FOS mid July in cabins 6376 and 6378 which is AFT and now I am worried about these vibrations everyone is talking about. I am wondering if I am going to have to try to change cabins. I didn't pick the front of the ship because we did that before and hear the water slamming into the ship so it kept us up. The middle didn't have any cabins available. Do you think they will get this fixed?

If I had to guess, I would say it is very likely the propulsion issues will be a distant memory by July....but then again, everyone thought they would be resolved during dry dock :rolleyes: If you are really concerned about it, you may want to consider switching cabins - that is the only way you can be 100% sure at this point.

Robyn, thanks for an amazing review! Did you folks ever have any in suite meals delivered? Also, if you have any other pictures of the suite itself, please post.

If you google Freedom of the Seas and scroll down to USAToday , there is a large article about the ship with photos of the OS . The balcony pics show the lounge chairs without cushions. Robyn , your photos were outstanding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you google Freedom of the Seas and scroll down to USAToday , there is a large article about the ship with photos of the OS . The balcony pics show the lounge chairs without cushions. Robyn , your photos were outstanding.

Thanks so much! I had no idea that the pictures would turn out so well using my iphone :)

Thank you so much for posting this info. Great article and the pics certainly add to the excitement and anticipation for our cruise in October in that sweet suite!

Edited by MamaTene