Totally overwhelmed

Martini Mom

What kind of atmosphere are you looking for? If you're looking for quiet, we love Nachi Cocom. They only allow 100 people per day, you get your own private palapa, and food and drinks are included in the $55 per person fee. They don't allow for a party atmosphere, so if it's peace and quite you want, this is the place. (There are pics in my review, link in my signature.) If you want a louder, party type atmosphere, you might look into Mr. Sancho's. They also have an all inclusive food and drink option. I hope this helps!

If you do not want to spend the $$ for AI there are several nice pay-as-you-go beach clubs - Mr. Sanchos has a PAYG side or Paradise Beach offers great facilities and a huge pool plus nice beach and good food/drinks/service for a $3per person admission fee. Cab fare to any of these will run about $17+tip each way.

Closer to the piers (only a $10 cab) and with great snorkeling from the shore (but no beach - you enter the water via steps) is the Money Bar.

Good luck! :)

We take a taxi from the Pier to Carlos n' Charlies Beach Resort (about $14. total each way). There is no set charge for use of chairs or lounges however you basically agreed to purchase $20 worth of food and drink. We get two loungers and an umbrella and tell the guy that we will have our lunch there.

After swimming, suntanning, walking, resting, we are ready for cold beer and nachos. Usually the person who set you up checks on you periodically to see if you want to order anything, If we see him we let him know we are headed to a table. Nachos are good and beer nice and cold. It is a terrific beach for relaxing. They offer massages and generally we both get a half hour massage for $30. each. A massage on the beach is always a treat.

If we don't have massages, we spend a total of $50.00 for two and have a wonderful beach break.

Enjoy your cruise.

Kathy

Joining in as we are trying to plan our Cozumel day. We would like a nice beach, preferably with snorkeling Aand would like a quick stop at some ruins before or after. Have been looking at Papito's but it seems very far from where the ships dock. Any ideas? TIA

Joining in as we are trying to plan our Cozumel day. We would like a nice beach, preferably with snorkeling Aand would like a quick stop at some ruins before or after. Have been looking at Papito's but it seems very far from where the ships dock. Any ideas? TIA

Papito's looks like a good choice, never been there. If you don't want to go that far I would say the next best choice is Corona Beach Club. Decent snorkeling, a small sandy area though no real beach, free snorkeling, good food and drinks. Other choice might be a day pass at El Cid La Cieba or Park Royal, both an easy walk from the International pier. Both offer all inclusive day passes online, but they also offer walk-up day passes for around $20, I believe with $10 food/drink credit.

The ruins on Coz are not worth seeing IMHO.

The challenge is that no sandy beach will offer good snorkeling - the sand and the waves cloud the water and there are no rocks/reefs for the little fish to thrive in. Chankanaab offers a nice beach and separate snorkel lagoon - but that comes with a $20 admission fee. :( The Money Bar offers great snorkeling from the shore, plus good facilities, lockers, food/drinks/service, but no beach (you enter the water via steps).

We are leaning toward Nachi Cocom. Seems to have the beach environment and amenities that we're looking for. We might stay there most of the day, then head back to the pier area for some

"party" type bar time. Hubby isn't sure he wants a totally serene day ;)

We went to Paradise Beach last March when cruising on the Carnival Magic. There were several ships in port that day (like 5 or 6 at least I think, it was on a Friday). The facility looked very nice but you couldn't stir the people with a stick. There were no beach chairs available at all and we finally squeezed in on a side of the pool. I've talked to others that had a great time there, it may have just been our timing but it made us not want to go to any other pay as you go type beach clubs either.

The ruins on Coz are not worth seeing IMHO.

The challenge is that no sandy beach will offer good snorkeling - the sand and the waves cloud the water and there are no rocks/reefs for the little fish to thrive in. Chankanaab offers a nice beach and separate snorkel lagoon - but that comes with a $20 admission fee. :( The Money Bar offers great snorkeling from the shore, plus good facilities, lockers, food/drinks/service, but no beach (you enter the water via steps).

Thanks. I know the ruins won't be great but my son wants to at least see a little bit. Is there anything near Chankanaab?

can you tell me which one in cozumel you would suggest for a family with kids 8 to 11yrs old. we ant adult themed also but kids not to be bored

Paradise Beach (not AI - but great facilities and a HUGE pool) or Mr. Sanchos. They will need to be good swimmers to enjoy the water toys.

• 1 year later...
If you do not want to spend the $$ for AI there are several nice pay-as-you-go beach clubs - Mr. Sanchos has a PAYG side or Paradise Beach offers great facilities and a huge pool plus nice beach and good food/drinks/service for a $3per person admission fee. Cab fare to any of these will run about $17+tip each way.

Closer to the piers (only a $10 cab) and with great snorkeling from the shore (but no beach - you enter the water via steps) is the Money Bar.

Good luck! :)

We can go to Paradise Beach for only $3 per person?? That's fantastic news! The only thing I've been able to find is saying Paradise Island for like $65 for adults. This leads me to believe Paradise Beach and Paradise Island are two totally different things... More research to be done!

***EDIT*** Nvm. I'm stupid and doing so much I got confused. I was remembering prices from PASSION Island, not Paradise Island. DOH!

Edited by LaHas2016