Vista Havana Cabana Balcony v. Suite

cruiseonthebrain

The problem is that everything in the video and photos are renderings. They are not actual, since the ship is still being built. Maybe if we complain loud enough, they'll swing into Cozumel and purchase a few extra hammock chairs for those of us in the lowly Havana Cabanas and not the suites. :)

I too am under the assumption that only the suites have the hammock chair swings, but I guess it doesn't bother me either way. I have one at my house and rarely use it. It does look cool in the renderings, though. It's what made me book the Havana Cabana Cabin. :)

The problem is that everything in the video and photos are renderings. They are not actual, since the ship is still being built. Maybe if we complain loud enough, they'll swing into Cozumel and purchase a few extra hammock chairs for those of us in the lowly Havana Cabanas and not the suites. :)

I too am under the assumption that only the suites have the hammock chair swings, but I guess it doesn't bother me either way. I have one at my house and rarely use it. It does look cool in the renderings, though. It's what made me book the Havana Cabana Cabin. :)

Well hopefully they will have for every cabana - but I agree too that it just makes the patio look fun and I doubt I will actually use it. I wonder if the Promenade deck in front of the cabana's will still be blocked after 5pm to the ship traffic. There has been a lot of chatter about this and nobody seems to know the answer. John Heald has been asked a few times on his facebook page and he has not answered that specific question. Carnival is probably still trying to figure these things out. Can't wait to read the reviews after the First sailing. :)

I was thinking about booking this room type. I think since all lanais are the same size I think all furniture will be the same only the inside of the suites are larger.

I also seem to think that anyone can walk past your room/patio. Only the pool area will be restricted until 5pm. And since this not a "balcony" and you are outside, I expect to see and smell people smoking.

Remember to keep you drapes closed at night unless you want voyeurs. And keep that sliding door locked unless you want someone to step over your little fence and take your stuff!!!!

I was thinking about booking this room type. I think since all lanais are the same size I think all furniture will be the same only the inside of the suites are larger.

I also seem to think that anyone can walk past your room/patio. Only the pool area will be restricted until 5pm. And since this not a "balcony" and you are outside, I expect to see and smell people smoking.

Remember to keep you drapes closed at night unless you want voyeurs. And keep that sliding door locked unless you want someone to step over your little fence and take your stuff!!!!

Again not worried about people walking past (or breaking in, etc). As far as the smoking, there are very specific smoking areas on this ship, and none of them are near our promenade lanais. Not worried. Still very exited.

I'm not worried about people passing by either. You need to secure your belongings no matter

where you are on a cruise.. Once I was on a ship and people were talking about how teen boys jumped over the balcony divider and took the beer out the the frig from the cabins on both sides from them. Just lock your doors and put your valuable in the safe.

Edited by disneylynn

We booked one sailing with a balcony and another with a suite. We don't add travel insurance until later since we have plenty of time to cancel without penalty. I'm thinking we'll do both sailings and compare- but we'd better do the "balcony" first so we aren't disappointed with the second cruise:)

Is there a timeframe in which the travel insurance must be purchased regarding health history? Sometimes if travel insurance is not purchased within a limited timeframe from the booking, it will not cover any pre-existing conditions. :confused:

Being a worrier, I thought about this too. Such as, if you go to the pool by walking out of your patio, you might want to lock your sliding door. I wonder if the room keys will work for the sliding door to make this possible. If the only way to secure the cabin it to lock the sliding door from the inside and use the main cabin door as your exit to go to the pool, It defeats the purpose of easy access to the Havana Pool from the patio. I hope we can lock the sliding door as I do not trust leaving the cabin unlocked as we walk around the corner to the pool.

So I e-mailed John.... and got a reply! He says that the only difference between the Havana Cabana suites and "balcony" rooms is that the suites are larger and have rain showers. The outdoor lounge area is the same for all rooms.

Pretty sure the suites are the only Havana cabins which have hammocks :)

Jimbo, will you be joining us on the Vista Repo to Miami?

Sure am trying like all heck. Waiting on a decision for a wedding that fits right in the middle. Supposedly, they are changing the date. If so, we are in, if not I have to do some more convincing......;)

Sure am trying like all heck. Waiting on a decision for a wedding that fits right in the middle. Supposedly, they are changing the date. If so, we are in, if not I have to do some more convincing......;)

Hope everything works out! We have a great group for the sailing, with a lot of fun in the works :)

So I e-mailed John.... and got a reply! He says that the only difference between the Havana Cabana suites and "balcony" rooms is that the suites are larger and have rain showers. The outdoor lounge area is the same for all rooms.

and a much nicer décor, looks like the room is divided by a half wall and extra curtain for when you are sleeping, I like this idea for xtra privacy, so you can keep patio door curtain open to the couch space next to patios...

Actually there's a suggestion that the deck area outside the Havana patios will be completely private to Havana guests all the time - the pool area is open to the public after 5pm but access will only be via the Havana Bar. Presumably they'll block off the Havana section of the deck on either end of the patios, perhaps only accessible with a key card or wristband.

It looks like that to me. I think that there will only be Havana people in and around the patios. It looks very private. I think you will need a room key to get down the walkway to the patios. Sure the pool opens to all after 5PM but I bet it will be more bar patrons not swimmers coming by.

We will know much more by the time we sail!

Is there a timeframe in which the travel insurance must be purchased regarding health history? Sometimes if travel insurance is not purchased within a limited timeframe from the booking, it will not cover any pre-existing conditions. :confused:

Pre-existing conditions are usually only covered if the plan is purchased within 14 to 21 days of the initial deposit depending on the company. Some cruise line plans may differ, I am referring to the other entities which usually have much better coverage and cost.

I'm going to stick with John's info- with him actually having been on the ship and all.:)

ImageUploadedByForums1426769871.253655.jpg.3de281aa54efb3f5084d0fd63d5410fd.jpg

I've attached a snapshot from the Carnival site. It really does seem only the 4 suites have hammocks :). That said, things could change :)

Edited by soccersharon

I'm going to stick with John's info- with him actually having been on the ship and all.:)

Pretty sure all is conjecture at this time as the ship is being built as we speak. Almost everything is speculation based upon renderings. You may be correct, we will find out in a year.

Looking at Carnival's website this morning for the 5-14-16 sailing, it seems they may have added on another 40 rooms or so with pool and bar access located at aft end of ship on decks 6 and 7. Interiors and now balconies also.