Vista Havana Cabana Balcony v. Suite

cruiseonthebrain

I am a little concerned that they designed and built this area for a specific number of rooms. Then, when they realized how popular the area was, they added a bunch of rooms (about 24) that were previously categorized as non-Havana rooms. So now we will have far more people occupying an area designed for a smaller group. From looking at the updated deck plans, it looks like there are about 61 Havana-Class rooms now. Doing some quick estimating from the virtual pics showing the deck, it looks like where are only about 24 deck chairs and maybe 30 to 40 more other types of seating back there. So we will end up with between 120 and 150 guests trying to cram into about 60 seats in the lanai area.

Normally, I wouldn't think too much of a change, but this entire area, including the pool was designed for the original guest capacity of about 80 people. Additionally, the only reason to book this area is to have access to an allegedly private area. I am concerned that they will now be shoehorning 120 people into a tight space designed for 80 so that Carnival can up-charge a couple dozen more rooms. Based on the volume of people and the pool size, we are looking at standing room only if you want to get wet. Does anyone else have the same concern?

I am a little concerned that they designed and built this area for a specific number of rooms. Then, when they realized how popular the area was, they added a bunch of rooms (about 24) that were previously categorized as non-Havana rooms. So now we will have far more people occupying an area designed for a smaller group. From looking at the updated deck plans, it looks like there are about 61 Havana-Class rooms now. Doing some quick estimating from the virtual pics showing the deck, it looks like where are only about 24 deck chairs and maybe 30 to 40 more other types of seating back there. So we will end up with between 120 and 150 guests trying to cram into about 60 seats in the lanai area.

Normally, I wouldn't think too much of a change, but this entire area, including the pool was designed for the original guest capacity of about 80 people. Additionally, the only reason to book this area is to have access to an allegedly private area. I am concerned that they will now be shoehorning 120 people into a tight space designed for 80 so that Carnival can up-charge a couple dozen more rooms. Based on the volume of people and the pool size, we are looking at standing room only if you want to get wet. Does anyone else have the same concern?

Even though Carnival added more cabins to the Havana area, I am convinced that folks will venture out, and experience the rest of the ship as well. I am not worried about crowding - there will be so much to see on this ship!

My wife and I have booked 5231 Havana Cabana for the April 8, 2017 sailing. We were concerned about the addition of the rooms but figure that not everyone that has day access is going to be there all of the time. It has to be better than the rest of the 4000 passengers flooding the Serenity deck and other every other puddle of water on the ship. I am more concerned with the security of the area between our balcony and the railing, especially in the evening with all of the looky loo's that will want to see the "Exclusive Area". Carnival has given us assurance that there will be someone there to control access, either way we are very excited to sail on such a magnificent ship.

My wife and I have booked 5231 Havana Cabana for the April 8, 2017 sailing. We were concerned about the addition of the rooms but figure that not everyone that has day access is going to be there all of the time. It has to be better than the rest of the 4000 passengers flooding the Serenity deck and other every other puddle of water on the ship. I am more concerned with the security of the area between our balcony and the railing, especially in the evening with all of the looky loo's that will want to see the "Exclusive Area". Carnival has given us assurance that there will be someone there to control access, either way we are very excited to sail on such a magnificent ship.

This is the only thing I'm concerned about as well. We have several cabanas on June 3,2017. I think the 1st day could be crowded and then folks will venture out and hey, there is always the chair on your patio!

I hate to ruin your day but on the havana cabana suites have a hammock. It took me hours and many phone calls about my booking on may 14th 2016 to get it confirmed that the suites only have hammocks

Not sure I would have spent hours trying to figure this out about a ship that isn't even done yet. Others say they've found out differently. Who knows? We will all find out soon enough. I just have a regular cabana and am happy enough with a lounger

Originally, the 4 suites were the only Havana Cabanas to feature hammocks. John Heald was asked about this some months back, and he reported all Cabanas would have hammocks - so I guess we'll see :)

We're booked in a Havana Cabana for the Repo, and hammock or no hammock, we're excited to have snagged one of these cabins :)

Edited by soccersharon

I share your concerns. The whole reason for booking a Havana Cabana was to have a pool area that wouldn't be too crowded. After putting down my $500 non-refundable deposit they changed the game on me. I've decided to take a wait and see approach and hope for the best. There are so many questions about the Havana area that we are just going to have to wait for the first reports to start coming in. I think everyone that booked in this area really took a leap of faith.

• 1 month later...

Hi all.

I see all the talk is booking the Havana Cabana on Deck 5 but I just booked a Havana Cabana on Deck 6, an HL cabin 6459. I can take the stairs down to Deck 5 but my PVP told me that we have a "regular" balcony not a lanai. Has anyone booked on Deck 5?

My cabin looks odd or smaller but my balcony looks bigger. I think I would rather the private balcony than the lanai especially since my mom goes back and reads on the balcony during the day and we like to be able to see the water directly from our cabin (and/or leave the door open sometimes).

Thank you.

So I e-mailed John.... and got a reply! He says that the only difference between the Havana Cabana suites and "balcony" rooms is that the suites are larger and have rain showers. The outdoor lounge area is the same for all rooms.

Thank you but I have a regular balcony cabin on Deck 5 an HL for Havana Cabana with access to Havana Cabana. Is it correct that John is staying only Deck 5 has Havana Cabanas/balconies?

Thank you.

I changed my cabin this morning to one of the premium balconies on deck 6 (I wanted an aft wrap, but they were all gone :( ). While I love the idea of the deck 5 cabins, security regarding those cabins hasn't been addressed yet, and I really only booked the havana cabins because of the interior and access to the havana pool and bar

So did I.

We have private balcony on Deck 6 and right above the Havana area. We like to keep our door open sometimes as well as just sitting and watching the water. I think this is a better choice for us. That said, when we sail NCL, we only like to be on Deck 16, where the actual Haven is but I want the privacy over the patio. I really wanted an 8 night but could not find one balcony or suite available from January-March. I took middle of March six nights but would prefer February and 8 nights.

I changed my cabin this morning to one of the premium balconies on deck 6 (I wanted an aft wrap, but they were all gone :( ). While I love the idea of the deck 5 cabins, security regarding those cabins hasn't been addressed yet, and I really only booked the havana cabins because of the interior and access to the havana pool and bar

So did I.

We have private balcony on Deck 6 and right above the Havana area. We like to keep our door open sometimes as well as just sitting and watching the water. I think this is a better choice for us. That said, when we sail NCL, we only like to be on Deck 16, where the actual Haven is but I want the privacy over the patio. I really wanted an 8 night but could not find one balcony or suite available from January-March. I took middle of March six nights but would prefer February and 8 nights.

Thank you but I have a regular balcony cabin on Deck 5 an HL for Havana Cabana with access to Havana Cabana. Is it correct that John is staying only Deck 5 has Havana Cabanas/balconies?

Thank you.

The deck 6 Havana cabins have balconies. The deck 5 Havana Cabins are either Havana "inside" or Havana Cabanas (which have a lanai, and not a balcony). All Havana cabins have open access to the Havana pool area, all day and night.

So if you are in a Havana Balcony cabin on deck 6, you will have a regular type of cruise ship balcony (it may be a larger size, but still a regular type balcony). If you are in a Havana Cabana, you will have a Lanai on the promedade of the deck 5. It's more of a "private" section of the promenade that you step out of your room into. A little "yard" so to speak. If you have Havana inside, you have no balcony, of course, but access to the Havana Pool area.

Make sense?

I have seen these concerns posted on a few sites, but I don't think that everyone is going to be in the Havana pool area at the same time. My wife and I enjoy the pool areas but there is so much more to do on the ship than lay at the pool for 8 days.

It can't be as crowded as the other 4000 people are going to be trying to get into the other pools on the ship.

Has there been any discussion about the Havana pool area turning into a loud night time party area as described on carnival web site? Those balconies overlooking the Havana pool will be rough for anyone who wants some sleep!:confused:

I haven't heard too many specifics in terms of what kind of entertainment they're planning. I expect much of it would be in the Havana Lounge, which is inside and kind of under those cabins. However, anyone booking a cabin facing a pool and bar area should be expecting at least some noise. If not from entertainment, even just from guests down there. I guess what I'm saying is that if you knowingly book one of these rooms, you don't have much right to complain about noise, Same as those who book balcony rooms in very close proximity to the main Lido pool, elevators, kids club, etc etc. Unlike a regular hotel, you do choose your room so you do hold some responsibility.

Funny you should say that :D -- it's exactly what made me think twice before booking the Havana balcony room. I love the idea of sitting by that pool during the day -- but not the idea of having to hear how crowded it might get after 5!

They DO have the Havana interiors :D

Besides the fact that no Havana Cabana cabins were available on our cruise in 2/17, we decided that it is a good thing given the probably noise factor after 5:00. We have only booked Ocean Suites on our Carnival cruises and that is what we will continue with.

But, the décor in the Havana Cabana cabins looks awesome!

We're booked in a Cabana room for the NYC-MIA positioning cruise. We are wondering all of these things too and are getting somewhat conflicting info. But more and more I'm hearing that the lanai will be restricted 24/7 for Havana guests. I like the idea of this to reduce the flow, but I'm also hoping it'll be a social area and look forward to meeting others in the area! Heck, we've already connected with both of our neighbours on the Roll Call!

I've also been told that lounge chairs will be brought out on to the lanai for the exclusive use of the guests in the Cabana room adjacent to them, so basically reserved chairs on your section of the lanai. Now that is something I'll enjoy :D

Now THAT does sound fun! And I like your assessment of the area.

We're booked in a Cabana room for the NYC-MIA positioning cruise. We are wondering all of these things too and are getting somewhat conflicting info. But more and more I'm hearing that the lanai will be restricted 24/7 for Havana guests. I like the idea of this to reduce the flow, but I'm also hoping it'll be a social area and look forward to meeting others in the area! Heck, we've already connected with both of our neighbours on the Roll Call!

I've also been told that lounge chairs will be brought out on to the lanai for the exclusive use of the guests in the Cabana room adjacent to them, so basically reserved chairs on your section of the lanai. Now that is something I'll enjoy :D

OMG, I so hope this is correct! Do you mean that it was suggested they put the loungers in front of your cabana? I have a Havana Cabana Suite (got last one for 2/24/18!) and would LOVE if the loungers were also in front of my cabana so I can get some sun and retreat back for some shade or sit out there at night. I so hope this is true!

OMG, I so hope this is correct! Do you mean that it was suggested they put the loungers in front of your cabana? I have a Havana Cabana Suite (got last one for 2/24/18!) and would LOVE if the loungers were also in front of my cabana so I can get some sun and retreat back for some shade or sit out there at night. I so hope this is true!

That's the impression we've been given. There's some verbiage regarding the Cabana rooms that I remember indicated something like "reserved loungers". Fingers crossed!

Okay, I am eating my words. When we booked, there was not an HC cabin of any category available so I said well I wouldn't like it anyway, it might be noisey, blah blah blah.

Well, I just happened to check and guess what!!! One became available on our sailing and we snagged it.

This will be very different for us from the Ocean Suite and other balcony cabins since this is a "patio". It looks great. I just hope we don't get a lot of noise at night but Carnival seems to do a good job with sound insulation.

Anxious to hear about the cabin from others once sailings begin.

I will be sailing on this cruise. We are in a Havana Cabana 5215

• 4 weeks later...
I got concerned after booking a Havana Cabana Balcony, not a suite, because I read that only the suites have the hammocks. I asked my PVP about it and he has assured me that they all have the hammocks, not just the suites.

I really hope this is true but I doubt it. You can see in the picture they are only showing the two suites. If you look closely, the next patio does not have a hammock. :(