Vista Havana Cabana Balcony v. Suite

cruiseonthebrain

I really hope this is true but I doubt it. You can see in the picture they are only showing the two suites. If you look closely, the next patio does not have a hammock. :(

HAHAHA! I clicked on the link and a small close-up of a giraffe is what shows. :)

That's the impression we've been given. There's some verbiage regarding the Cabana rooms that I remember indicated something like "reserved loungers". Fingers crossed!

This is from Carnival's travel agent website, describing the cabana that we have booked for the 11/16/16 cruise.

"Patio Cabana Features: 2 patio chairs and table; 2 sun loungers on Lanai directly in front of patio cabana."

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/782/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDU5MTA2MTQzL3NpZC9SRVJvT3hNbQ%3D%3D

It sure sounds like we will have our own private loungers on the Lanai.

This is from Carnival's travel agent website, describing the cabana that we have booked for the 11/16/16 cruise.

"Patio Cabana Features: 2 patio chairs and table; 2 sun loungers on Lanai directly in front of patio cabana."

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/782/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDU5MTA2MTQzL3NpZC9SRVJvT3hNbQ%3D%3D

It also seems to answer the question if the hammock chair is on all lanai's or just suite lanai's. I can't wait for the first real reviews and photos to start rolling in, and I am really looking forward to December 17th!

So, I was looking at a picture of the Vista from today in Italy and I zoomed in on the Havana area and then captured it from the rest of the picture. If you look to the left you can clearly see where the cabanas begin and a lattice wall going all the way to the rail, blocking anyone from just walking in. So now we know how they will block traffic on the open deck. :)attachment.php?attachmentid=381405&stc=1&d=1459423229

1.jpg.d624a43aea3bfe5088b596df09c6bff5.jpg

It also seems to answer the question if the hammock chair is on all lanai's or just suite lanai's. I can't wait for the first real reviews and photos to start rolling in, and I am really looking forward to December 17th!

We will be in Havana Suite 5233 in February...can't wait to see some pics. Thanks for your link - it was fun to read about our cabin.

We will be in Havana Suite 5233 in February...can't wait to see some pics. Thanks for your link - it was fun to read about our cabin.

I have this cabin booked for the Mediterranean in August. I promise to take good care of it.

I have this cabin booked for the Mediterranean in August. I promise to take good care of it.

Awesome! Hopefully you will post pics. It will really be fun when the cruises start and we get the real scoop. I was unsure about this cabin originally due to the possible noise factor from the Havana Bar but it seems from the deck plans that there are a couple of walls (entrances) between us and the Havana Bar. The patio will be cool! And that Cuban coffee in the morning. :)

I will be sailing on this cruise. We are in a Havana Cabana 5215

Hi! So far away but cannot wait LOL

We are in Havana Cabana 5234 :)

Cannot wait until they start to sail and we get pictures and all information back to us.

By the time we sail, all kinks, changes, should be implemented :)

OMG, this would be SOOO nice. Cannot wait for the sailings to begin so we hear all about it!

So, I was looking at a picture of the Vista from today in Italy and I zoomed in on the Havana area and then captured it from the rest of the picture. If you look to the left you can clearly see where the cabanas begin and a lattice wall going all the way to the rail, blocking anyone from just walking in. So now we know how they will block traffic on the open deck.

Thanks for the picture.

Here's another one from top down:

Vista%201_zpsitvqzhvm.jpg

Edited by fuddrules

Thanks for the picture.

Here's another one from top down:

Vista%201_zpsitvqzhvm.jpg

Tantalizing...............I have never had so much anticipation for a trip! At least not that I can recall, that matches my eagerness to GET ON THIS SHIP! And It is the Havana Cabana area that has me so excited.

• 3 weeks later...

As to whether or not the Havana cabana balcony (HE) cabins will have hammocks, I guess we will just have to wait and see. I hope they have them but I will make do if we don't have one :) Carnival's website still lists a hammock in the cabin description and it's shown on the cabin layout (see attached photos). Also, John Heald did a video tour of one of the HE cabins a few days ago. There was no furniture on the patio yet but I thought he said hammocks will be installed. Time will tell.

IMG_9673.jpg.d34002ca15442a360e066ea758115289.jpg

IMG_9674.jpg.c7375d3afb9314f39ec90fc0f190fb48.jpg

IMG_9676.jpg.8e55888638947b41e483afcec73c9811.jpg

IMG_9675.jpg.a91bb1c83deb9bb5d092a2f5a8570a65.jpg

As to whether or not the Havana cabana balcony (HE) cabins will have hammocks, I guess we will just have to wait and see. I hope they have them but I will make do if we don't have one :) Carnival's website still lists a hammock in the cabin description and it's shown on the cabin layout (see attached photos). Also, John Heald did a video tour of one of the HE cabins a few days ago. There was no furniture on the patio yet but I thought he said hammocks will be installed. Time will tell.

This is so cool that you can see the details of your specific stateroom on the carnival site! I've looked everywhere and can't figure out how to see mine. Can you tell me where you went on the site to see a specific stateroom? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!! [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is so cool that you can see the details of your specific stateroom on the carnival site! I've looked everywhere and can't figure out how to see mine. Can you tell me where you went on the site to see a specific stateroom? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!! [emoji5]

The info is from Carmival's website. Click on deck plans on the Vista's page, select your deck and then click on your cabin. However, I would take the information on the website with a grain of salt. Website is not always correct. Will have to wait until the ships sails, or more photos come in, to know how accurate or inaccurate the website info actually is.

When did you first notice this?

I swear I specifically looked for this about a week ago and it wasn't there. But.....I could be wrong.

Thanks

The info is from Carmival's website. Click on deck plans on the Vista's page, select your deck and then click on your cabin. However, I would take the information on the website with a grain of salt. Website is not always correct. Will have to wait until the ships sails, or more photos come in, to know how accurate or inaccurate the website info actually is.

Thanks so much! Yes, I can't wait for the first cruisers to return so we can see pictures and hear feedback. [emoji4]

We'll be on the Vista in a few weeks in a Havana Cabana cabin. Happy to report back! I'm planning on posting pics and videos on my social media accounts (links in my sig!) if anyone gets curious or wants to follow along with our cruise :)

We'll be on the Vista in a few weeks in a Havana Cabana cabin. Happy to report back! I'm planning on posting pics and videos on my social media accounts (links in my sig!) if anyone gets curious or wants to follow along with our cruise :)

Can't wait to follow along! I am not sailing on her until next year.

I would love to see your pics and videos! Do I just click the Like button on your facebook page in order to follow alone? Or do I have to "friend" the page?

Note that the description says "hammock chair", which is pictured :). I can definitely live without a full hammock, and the chair sounds good! We have 5210 booked for the Repo, and we're hoping someone will post pics!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just "liked" your page :). Looking forward to following along!

I am now following you on Instagram. We will be on the Vista in Feb 2017. We will be in a Havana Cabana Suite and cannot wait!

Note that the description says "hammock chair", which is pictured :). I can definitely live without a full hammock, and the chair sounds good! We have 5210 booked for the Repo, and we're hoping someone will post pics!

Sorry, when I said hammock, I was referring to the hammock-type chair. My bad :( I believe others in this thread mean the same thing when the say hammock. The deck plan photos show the Havana suites having the exact same hammock chair.

The issue isn't chair vs full hammock (at least I don't think that is the issue). The issue is whether or not the Havana "regular balconies" (HE category) will have the hammock chairs. It seems clear the Havana suites (HS) will but there has been conflicting info (website vs John Heald vs Carnival reps) as to whether the HE cabins will have the hammock chair. Deck plans and John Heald seem to think so but many people have been told no by Carnival reps. ecarbine posted a link to Carnival agent site a few weeks ago on this thread that listed all Havana cabins individually and that list only shows the HS cabins having hammock chairs.

Time will tell. I hope we have a hammock chair but either way, looking forward to Havana Cabana life!

Something has definitely changed. I didn't realize it until I re-read the Havana description on the CCL site.

Previously, only the suites included mention of anything hammock related. Now, it seems both the HS and HE cabins have hammock chairs :)

Makes no difference to me - I'll just be happy to finally board the ship for 11 glorious days. But, things have changed since the cabin category was revealed last year.

2347371881f7b0b52598ea7f3d259854.jpg

Edited by soccersharon