Vista Havana Cabana Balcony v. Suite

cruiseonthebrain

I would love to see your pics and videos! Do I just click the Like button on your facebook page in order to follow alone? Or do I have to "friend" the page?

I think you can just click Like! :)

Really excited to share the Vista with all of you in a couple of weeks! Fingers crossed the internet is decent and I can do a FB livestream or something from our cabana balcony :D

I am hoping for a side view to see our "Habana" Suite - 5233

"Habana"....that still cracks me up. I'm going to start using it. I wish I could see a real life version of the Habanas as well. Can't wait for people to start sharing their photos next week!!

"Habana"....that still cracks me up. I'm going to start using it. I wish I could see a real life version of the Habanas as well. Can't wait for people to start sharing their photos next week!!

mrsfuzzmo, if you go to the "site that cannot be mentioned" and look for a page called " Carnival Vista Pictures from Inaugural Cruise ", I have created it and am going to try to post as many pics as I can once on the Vista May 1st.

mrsfuzzmo, if you go to the "site that cannot be mentioned" and look for a page called " Carnival Vista Pictures from Inaugural Cruise ", I have created it and am going to try to post as many pics as I can once on the Vista May 1st.

Awesome!! Unfortunately I don't know the other site. Can you PM the site to me so that I can follow?

OH WAIT, is that the link in your signature?

Edited by mrsfuzzmo

Awesome!! Unfortunately I don't know the other site. Can you PM the site to me so that I can follow?

OH WAIT, is that the link in your signature?

Facebook. I'm living dangerously

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

In....thanks!! Will watch for the pictures!!!

Yay! Found it. I am so excited to be cruising on this ship next year!!! Can't wait for the inaugural to begin so pics get posted.

Edited by LisaH

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry, when I said hammock, I was referring to the hammock-type chair. My bad :( I believe others in this thread mean the same thing when the say hammock. The deck plan photos show the Havana suites having the exact same hammock chair.

The issue isn't chair vs full hammock (at least I don't think that is the issue). The issue is whether or not the Havana "regular balconies" (HE category) will have the hammock chairs. It seems clear the Havana suites (HS) will but there has been conflicting info (website vs John Heald vs Carnival reps) as to whether the HE cabins will have the hammock chair. Deck plans and John Heald seem to think so but many people have been told no by Carnival reps. ecarbine posted a link to Carnival agent site a few weeks ago on this thread that listed all Havana cabins individually and that list only shows the HS cabins having hammock chairs.

Time will tell. I hope we have a hammock chair but either way, looking forward to Havana Cabana life!

I have to disagree on this. We booked a HC Suite because I liked the thought of there being a full hammock. Swing chairs and hammocks are 2 different things entirely. I was thinking how nice it would be to lay in a hammock and take a nap there on sea days but there has been much speculation on whether it is a hammock or now a swinging chair. When they first advertised the Suites, they said "hammocks". If you go to Google and just type in "hammock", it comes up with photos of full length hammocks, no chairs. I also thought that the patio areas would have better views of the ocean and didn't realize they were going to put acrylic partitions up where the rails normally are. I've read comments on Facebook that others thought the same so I'm curious to see what the feedback is from the people who are in those cabins on this current cruise. They also said that everyone staying in a Havana cabin would be guaranteed a lounger at the Havana pool during the day. I don't know if that has changed also or not. I just know that we booked this cabin the day the reservations opened for the Carnival Vista and we made our decision to pay that rate based on what was being advertised at that point. Since then, things have changed and I am very disappointed that we are now paying for a cabin that may end up being not at all what we thought it would be.

I am also very disappointed that there is no true hammock. I do not understand the reason behind the chair vs. the hammock, especially in the Havana suites. I booked the suite specifically because I wanted to guarantee that my patio had a hammock. Sitting upright in a swinging chair is definitely NOT the same thing. Will it ruin my trip? No. But.. my excitement has definitely dwindled a bit.

I have to disagree on this. We booked a HC Suite because I liked the thought of there being a full hammock. Swing chairs and hammocks are 2 different things entirely. I was thinking how nice it would be to lay in a hammock and take a nap there on sea days but there has been much speculation on whether it is a hammock or now a swinging chair. When they first advertised the Suites, they said "hammocks". If you go to Google and just type in "hammock", it comes up with photos of full length hammocks, no chairs. I also thought that the patio areas would have better views of the ocean and didn't realize they were going to put acrylic partitions up where the rails normally are. I've read comments on Facebook that others thought the same so I'm curious to see what the feedback is from the people who are in those cabins on this current cruise. They also said that everyone staying in a Havana cabin would be guaranteed a lounger at the Havana pool during the day. I don't know if that has changed also or not. I just know that we booked this cabin the day the reservations opened for the Carnival Vista and we made our decision to pay that rate based on what was being advertised at that point. Since then, things have changed and I am very disappointed that we are now paying for a cabin that may end up being not at all what we thought it would be.

I love the swinging chairs and am happy they decided to add them to all the Cabana cabins. I had looked at the renderings long before I booked and not once did I mistake the hammock chair for a full size hammock. The furnishings in the photos that were released two years ago are almost identical, except the swing is a sturdier foundation with a cushion rather than a cusioned hammock type swing. I'm kind of happy with that. I'm not sure if you'd seen renderings with full hammocks, but I know I have not and I've been watching this cabin category like a hawk.

In addition the description says that there will be reserved lounge chairs on the lanai. That's the patio outside your room. I don't think that they've ever stated that you would have reserved loungers on the pool deck (near the pool).

I do agree that I wish the plexiglass railing/windows could go, as I'm afraid that the lanais will be very warm with little air flow when you are not out at sea. Hoping it's not the case, but if it is, I'll wander to cooler venues!

Pretty excited about this cabin category and was VERY excited to see the size of the lanai! Much bigger than I'd expected.

I am also very disappointed that there is no true hammock. I do not understand the reason behind the chair vs. the hammock, especially in the Havana suites. I booked the suite specifically because I wanted to guarantee that my patio had a hammock. Sitting upright in a swinging chair is definitely NOT the same thing. Will it ruin my trip? No. But.. my excitement has definitely dwindled a bit.

I called and talked to a rep who insisted i will have an actual hammock in my havana cabana suite.

I called and talked to a rep who insisted i will have an actual hammock in my havana cabana suite.

I wish you luck, but from every photo I've seen and everything I've heard and read, all the Cabana lanais are the same (no matter if you have a suite or not) and have the same furnishings which include a lounger, an upright chair and a swing chair (which used to be referred to as a hammock swing, but is very clearly not a hammock type swing any longer. They appeared to be hammock swings in the renderings, but the real thing is a bit different than what they had shown).

Maybe you will be pleasantly surprised with a full sized hammock by the time you sail, but I do not believe there are any now. Maybe someone onboard can clarify!

I wish you luck, but from every photo I've seen and everything I've heard and read, all the Cabana lanais are the same (no matter if you have a suite or not) and have the same furnishings which include a lounger, an upright chair and a swing chair (which used to be referred to as a hammock swing, but is very clearly not a hammock type swing any longer. They appeared to be hammock swings in the renderings, but the real thing is a bit different than what they had shown).

Maybe you will be pleasantly surprised with a full sized hammock by the time you sail, but I do not believe there are any now. Maybe someone onboard can clarify!

You should post your question to John Heald's page.

You should post your question to John Heald's page.

Done! We will see what he has to say! :) I just don't want people to be disappointed. I don't think they are getting the correct information. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it. :)

Edited by mrsfuzzmo

John posted a video of a Havana Cabana Suite and there is no "Regular Hammock" just a "Chair Hammock"

Hope this clears up the hammock discussion. We are staying in the stateroom in this video.

legion3 is correct. All of these deck 5 rooms do not have true balconies. For me, a balcony on a ship needs to be more than just an outdoor space to yourself. It needs to go to the edge of the ship for that deck, which these don't. Anybody on the ship can be walking right in front of the patios of these deck 5 rooms, all the way up to the gate, and talk with you or high-five or hug you quite easily. It's no more private than sitting down up on lido deck around the main pool area. It's just that you have that patio space to yourselves guaranteed (as long as nobody climbs over the very low gate). On the bright side, the rooms do look really nice, and that aft pool area is supposedly only open to people in these rooms until 5pm. I just feel that the rooms are not actually balconies & shouldn't be priced as such. The suites should be cheaper than any suite that has a true balcony.

John Hearald posted video on the Havana cabana balcony rooms, yes they have a patio with a hanging swing in each (hammock) in suite patios. Also he said that there are tall gates on the promenade decks that surround deck 5 Havana cabana balcony and suites and they will remained closed and locked 24 hours and only Havana cabana balcony and suite guests will have key card acces to unlock gates to common areas on deck 5. Also the distance from the patio gates to the railing and glass of the actual balcony is very short so you really do have the best of both worlds , a patio and balcony views and privacy !!!!

John Hearald posted video on the Havana cabana balcony rooms, yes they have a patio with a hanging swing in each (hammock) in suite patios. Also he said that there are tall gates on the promenade decks that surround deck 5 Havana cabana balcony and suites and they will remained closed and locked 24 hours and only Havana cabana balcony and suite guests will have key card acces to unlock gates to common areas on deck 5. Also the distance from the patio gates to the railing and glass of the actual balcony is very short so you really do have the best of both worlds , a patio and balcony views and privacy !!!!

The swing chairs are now in all Havana Cabana deck 5 lanais, not just the suites. I like the idea of having people walk past my stateroom and lanai, where I can be swining in my chair with a cocktail in my hand looking out over the ocean and saying, "yep, this is my cool room!".

The swing chairs are now in all Havana Cabana deck 5 lanais, not just the suites. I like the idea of having people walk past my stateroom and lanai, where I can be swining in my chair with a cocktail in my hand looking out over the ocean and saying, "yep, this is my cool room!".

I agree AND people watching is always fun!

I love the swinging chairs and am happy they decided to add them to all the Cabana cabins. I had looked at the renderings long before I booked and not once did I mistake the hammock chair for a full size hammock. The furnishings in the photos that were released two years ago are almost identical, except the swing is a sturdier foundation with a cushion rather than a cusioned hammock type swing. I'm kind of happy with that. I'm not sure if you'd seen renderings with full hammocks, but I know I have not and I've been watching this cabin category like a hawk.

In addition the description says that there will be reserved lounge chairs on the lanai. That's the patio outside your room. I don't think that they've ever stated that you would have reserved loungers on the pool deck (near the pool).

I do agree that I wish the plexiglass railing/windows could go, as I'm afraid that the lanais will be very warm with little air flow when you are not out at sea. Hoping it's not the case, but if it is, I'll wander to cooler venues!

Pretty excited about this cabin category and was VERY excited to see the size of the lanai! Much bigger than I'd expected.

Gee, MrsFuzzmo, I'm so glad you are an expert on specifically what I was told at the time I booked our HC Suite. I even wrote to JH on 3 separate occasions and was told something different so please do not act like you know what everyone else here was told. A hammock, is not a chair. And yes, they did say their would be reserved chairs at the pool site, not on the lanai. Why in the world would anyone have to have a reserved chair on their own cabin lanai? That doesn't even make sense that someone would interpret that wrong. I may not be the smartest person on the planet, but I certainly know the difference between a cabin balcony, lanai, etc. and the pool area. And, I'm so glad to you like the swing chair's current design - that's just wonderful. Some of us aren't happy with it. For the price of these suites, many of us thought we were getting something much different from what was advertised soon after the bookings opened. I guess my biggest mistake was booking the day the reservations opened and not waiting because unknowingly Carnival would change their minds on what was really going to be available in and with those suites.

• 1 month later...