What does not get old for you?

dodgersmom

I still have that great sense of anticipation walking up the gangway to board a ship. Even when it's a ship I've been on before, I still have butterflies in my stomach.:)

On that note, I HATE waiting in line, but that is one line I am totally relaxed in and happily wait my turn. Though when we make the final turn I peak above and around everyone for that first glimpse. Helps being 6'1"

I've only done it once, but that is enough to appreciate the concept. If you search youtube for JEWEL SUNSHINE SKYWAY BRIDGE and sort by upload date, look for one by wmccall around April or May of 2012, I did a video in HD of going under that bridge. It turned out well and it looks great on a big screen if your TV can access youtube.

Loved it! Thx Bill:p

The sound of the horn as the ship pulls away from the pier and then waking up the next morning, going out to the balcony and looking out at the ocean, not seeing anything and not having a care in the world. I could stare at the ocean for hours. Love that feeling!

Seeing the ship for the first time! I feel giddy just thinking about it. :D

I seriously envy those of you who are able to turn off your phone for the whole week and feel relaxed. I would be a basket case! We've had too many problems in our family that have happened at home while on a vacation. Even had to cut a vacation short one time.

Seeing the ship for the first time! I feel giddy just thinking about it. :D

I seriously envy those of you who are able to turn off your phone for the whole week and feel relaxed. I would be a basket case! We've had too many problems in our family that have happened at home while on a vacation. Even had to cut a vacation short one time.

I unplugged totally for the last two 7 day cruises. It was AWESOME. I let my son have unlimited internet, but we unplugged.

The sound of the horn as the ship pulls away from the pier and then waking up the next morning, going out to the balcony and looking out at the ocean, not seeing anything and not having a care in the world. I could stare at the ocean for hours. Love that feeling!

We do love our balcony cabins.:) Great at night before going to bed to sit and have that final drink listening to the waves, watching for other ships on the horizon, and looking at he stars.:) In the morning; juice, coffee, fruit and bread(s) delivered by room service and sitting on the balcony as we pull into port.:) All is great until it's that last morning. Don't enjoy pulling into our debarkation port.:(

We do love our balcony cabins.:) Great at night before going to bed to sit and have that final drink listening to the waves, watching for other ships on the horizon, and looking at he stars.:) In the morning; juice, coffee, fruit and bread(s) delivered by room service and sitting on the balcony as we pull into port.:) All is great until it's that last morning. Don't enjoy pulling into our debarkation port.:(

I agree! Love waking up that first morning and stepping out onto the balcony. We usually order room service and have breakfast out there at least once during the cruise.

Standing on the upper deck with the cruise's first drink (of many) in my hand and watching the port get smaller and smaller in the distance during the sail away. Almost my favorite part of the whole cruise. All the anticipation, and knowing I still have the whole cruise ahead of me.

And just the whole feeling of being in a different world that I don't get from any other kind of vacation.

And how lucky I feel to be able to take trips that many will never be able to.

Oh man how am I gonna wait another 87 days :D

Oh I also love the horn sound!!! With a cruise a mere 110 days away I have my cell phone ringtone set as a cruise ship horn[emoji6] there are so many things that are still as exciting as the first time. I love the elevator voice .. Going up... As someone else said that first frozen drink deck side when you first board, the smell of the hand soap, the bread basket in the MDR, stepping up the gang blank thing when you board that moment that you actually step on the ship. I have chills just thinking about it. I love the first time you open your cabin door. It's like an old I Love Lucy episode Ricky says Lucy I'm home as he opens the door. It's new and exciting but also comforting and familiar. Ok I could ramble on and on it's been a long cold winter and I just can't wait. Here is to warm happy thoughts[emoji267][emoji41][emoji484][emoji560]

When you notice the ship is actually moving on boarding day. You're not 100% sure at first but... Yup! You're under way!

Love this!

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread. Its lovely to read such a positive thread and everyone's responses sharing the pleasures of cruising.

Like many others have said, walking up the gangway and onto the ship for the first time. I nearly always tear up and I have no idea why, but it is just so nice after all the planning and hard work to finally be on vacation.

Laying down in bed the first night when you are still really noticing the movement of the ship. It is like being rocked to sleep by the world's biggest baby cradle.

The absolute lack of anything for me to really worry about - no cooking, cleaning, errands to run, ect. I can just relax and do what I want in that moment (or as much as is truly possible for the mom of a preschooler).

Love this! Thanks to the OP for starting this thread. Its lovely to read such a positive thread and everyone's responses sharing the pleasures of cruising.

Couldn't agree more! I'm loving this and agreeing with most of the replies! :)

We sleep with the curtains wide open on vacation (and closed tight at home, weird huh?). We love that first glimpse of dawn - the moment the sky changes color from black and we are up. I will usually work out in the gym while hubby takes pictures on the balcony and stays behind with a coffee and his donuts. :p

Never gets old.

Couldn't agree more! I'm loving this and agreeing with most of the replies! :)

We sleep with the curtains wide open on vacation (and closed tight at home, weird huh?). We love that first glimpse of dawn - the moment the sky changes color from black and we are up. I will usually work out in the gym while hubby takes pictures on the balcony and stays behind with a coffee and his donuts. :p

Never gets old.

Love workouts on the ship thinking about he breakfast to follow in the Windjammer!

This is a very good thread. From the first step on the gangway to board the ship I am giddy with excitement. Love the ding of my sea pass card. My first of many Miami Vices. I could go on and on. Too many things we love about cruising.

That thrilling sensation when you walk up the gangway and onto the ship for the first time and you encounter that ships smell.

Seeing the ship for the first time! I feel giddy just thinking about it. .

Oh yes, I love to see the ship, and then all the smells.

....what never gets old is when you stroll out of breakfast and you gaze over the pool deck and see all those cocker roaches swarming towards the pool chairs "reserving" them for the day, even though those vermin have no intention of sitting there all day........all that's missing is the music........