Liberty engine issue

allydown

I'm sorry I don't have any information for future trips after it docks tomorrow .. I doubt it will cancel any sailings .. The information that guest services is giving out to back to backers is that they will have engineers and mechanics ready when they dock and they hope to have the problem fixed before they depart again. At this point nobody is discussing what happens if they can't fix it. Yes services has been inundated with people from inside state room at the same credit as other people on the ship as they don't think it's fair that the onboard credit is based on what they paid for their cabin. I have been trying to just enjoy the last day on the ship as the weather's been beautiful and drinks are plentiful and other then the mist Port it has been a fabulous trip:) I will save you hear the ship has slowed down and is now running about a slow as it did yesterday thank goodness for calm waters

I posted on the RCI facebook page and received this response from RCI:

"Hi Ricky, our apologies for the delay in response. During its current sailing, the ship experienced a technical issue that affected the ship’s top speed. Regrettably, as a result of the reduced speed, it was be necessary to bypass Ocho Rios, Jamaica, on Thursday, February 26. Instead, Liberty of the Seas spent the day at sea. The remainder of the itinerary will remain unchanged. We would like to assure our guests that the small restriction on Liberty of the Seas’ top speed has no impact on other parts of our operation. The issue will be resolved while Liberty of the Seas is alongside in Port Canaveral, Florida, on Sunday, March 1. We do not anticipate that it will be necessary to modify any future itineraries."

They they corrected it:

"Our apologies! Yes, the issue will be resolved while alongside in Port Everglades on Saturday."

In addition, my TA called RCI and they told her the problem will be fixed tomorrow and they do not expect there to be an impact to our cruise tomorrow.

Edited by CruisinSinceIwasBorn

I posted on the RCI facebook page and received this response from RCI:

"Hi Ricky, our apologies for the delay in response. During its current sailing, the ship experienced a technical issue that affected the ship’s top speed. Regrettably, as a result of the reduced speed, it was be necessary to bypass Ocho Rios, Jamaica, on Thursday, February 26. Instead, Liberty of the Seas spent the day at sea. The remainder of the itinerary will remain unchanged. We would like to assure our guests that the small restriction on Liberty of the Seas’ top speed has no impact on other parts of our operation. The issue will be resolved while Liberty of the Seas is alongside in Port Canaveral, Florida, on Sunday, March 1. We do not anticipate that it will be necessary to modify any future itineraries."

They they corrected it:

"Our apologies! Yes, the issue will be resolved while alongside in Port Everglades on Saturday."

In addition, my TA called RCI and they told her the problem will be fixed tomorrow and they do not expect there to be an impact to our cruise tomorrow.

So Liberty is coming to Port Canaveral on Sunday??

I will be there too!:D

Cats.. ok super short review. Have seen it a few times, once on Broadway 2 or 3 times as touring act.

It has been about 15 years, I am guessing since I have watched it. As soon as Grizzabella came on stage I became a bit moist in the eyes. I think I know why it is struggling on Oasis. The first act is a bit of telling what jellicle cats are, and a lot of dancing. Very good dancing, sensational costumes and sets.

At the end of the first stage 30% of the people, maybe more left. The second act was really good, as good as I remember on broadway. We watched at 2:30 on a Friday with the need to leave to watch BOB on the flowrider. So, my focus was not on Cats, but I had tears in my eyes at Memories. Love that song.

BoB, There were 4 contestants. Which surprised me. The two guys I called 1 and 1a. Pezz 65 with a million trips on the flowrider, and Cody with 3 cruises. I was 3... I held my hand over my head for 1 and put it just a little lower to 1a then to my knees for 3 (me)... then about that much further down to 4 and 5. 4 and 5 turned out to be Glen and Austin, father and son mid 30s and mid teens. They competed, the son finished 4, and dad 5. Actually, 3 and 4 since I didn't compete. Pezz got all 5's in the first round, he started with a ships robe on, glow rings on all fingers, giant glasses with lights, glow necklace, a froo froo drink from the bar, he stripped down including his shorts to reveal a speedo, and never got close to falling, not a giant effort but super showmanship. Cody got 2 4.5 and 2 4.0 from the staff. He had a good run lots of tricks several falls. Then the finals, Cody wiped out often and had a horrible final. He did finally do a few tricks and Pezz surfed comfortably and well, but nothing special, as Cody fell. The crowd yelled louder for Pezz, but it was close, and the sweet girl who plays the Hippo in the parade and does all of the flow stuff in the flow show, said it was a tie... So they both won. (o, father and son, got 2s and 3s).

jc<----hoping the engineers figure out the Liberty's problems

I am on this sailing and are very happy about the OBC given to miss Jamicia. There are many first time cruisers though who are very disappointed.

I'm supposed to be on this ship tomorrow.... UgH!!

Hope they get it fixed whatever the issue is.......

I will be there too!:D

hoping the engineers figure out the Liberty's problems

JC, sounds like the end to a great cruise. I will watch to see how your day goes tomorrow with embarkation onto Liberty. I am sure someone will be posting from your sailing.

Smooth waters,

Andrew

Xpcdoojk---> I hope the engineers like working overtime, LOL. I agree that I hope they remedy the engine's problems. I have a Set Sail all signed and ready to hand in, so I must be going on a cruise :D

Too bad Cats is still struggling on Oasis. The production wasn't getting very good reviews during it's first showings back in the Fall. Do you think it's because it's so different from the usual production shows on ships? Like you say, the singing, sets, costumes, dancing are top notch. The story line may be the hard part to understand. Wonder how long the production will last?

Joyce :D

Were you not even reimbursed what you paid for the cruise? Or do you just mean you received nothing over and above that?

Oh yes, I was reimbursed for the cruise but no other compensation such as credit toward next cruise, etc. but I was okay with it. I wasn't out any money and it happened in plenty of time before the cruise so no additional expenses were incurred.

Xpcdoojk please send a message if you want to keep your conversation..you are off topic and you speak about other things

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looks like we have yet another new moderator here. You should make sure your Name is listed as "Host" and under the Moderators on the bottom of the page. :rolleyes:

Xpcdoojk---> I hope the engineers like working overtime, LOL. I agree that I hope they remedy the engine's problems. I have a Set Sail all signed and ready to hand in, so I must be going on a cruise :D

Too bad Cats is still struggling on Oasis. The production wasn't getting very good reviews during it's first showings back in the Fall. Do you think it's because it's so different from the usual production shows on ships? Like you say, the singing, sets, costumes, dancing are top notch. The story line may be the hard part to understand. Wonder how long the production will last?

Joyce :D

Yes, it is a huge committment of time. It is a full 2-1/2 hours, with a 15 minute intermission. Most people are good with an hour of singing and dancing with a light straight forward storyline. The people who stayed til the end did the full standing ovation. Unfortunately at the end there was less than a third of the seats full.

So, yes too ambitious for a 7 day cruise. Would be awesome on a transatlantic.

Obviously, I am thinking too much about tomorrow and the Liberty because I am awake at 4:15am.... I am going to miss the really good internet on the Oasis.

jc

Liberty just arriving now:

http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

Wonder if the webcam will show any work on the ship.

Roy

Probably not. If my suspicion is correct, and they have a problem with the switchgear for one engine room (and this is somewhat bolstered by the assertion that it will be fixed today), then any parts needed will be loaded into the side ports just like the rest of the stores for turn around day, and the work will all be inside. If it's automation, like I said, you'll have a technician with a "thumb drive" to patch it, so he will look like a crewmember going up the gangway.

Looks like we have yet another new moderator here. You should make sure your Name is listed as "Host" and under the Moderators on the bottom of the page. :rolleyes:

No more off topic than you.:rolleyes:

I agree with the both of you. If a CC moderator feels the need to step in to modify the thread or it's direction they will as it is their job.

Obviously, I am thinking too much about tomorrow and the Liberty because I am awake at 4:15am.... I am going to miss the really good internet on the Oasis.

jc

JC, are you getting wifi on Liberty. Since you are going to be on Liberty and it has propulsion issues are you going to continue posting? It would be nice to know if it's propulsion system issues somehow effect other items on the ship. For example water flow rate at the flowrider, power limitations in the theatre, air conditioning problems and most importantly your nautical speeds.

If you would continue to post "live from the scene" how and if you are directly effected I and others would appreciate it. It could not be anymore on topic, as you would be at the epicentre of this thread's discussion.

Thanks in advance for considering keeping us on land posted. Either way I hope it goes smooth for you today, upon your embarkation of Liberty of the Seas.

I agree with the both of you. If a CC moderator feels the need to step in to modify the thread or it's direction they will as it is their job.

Andrew and OB, I just want to know how I send a message in this forum, been here for 15 years, and have still not learned how.:D:eek:

Sitting on my balcony, see the Westerdam and I believe the Liberty it is outside of my bit of the harbor.

I hope that unlike the Freedom when I get on board and at 1pm they open the flowrider that it is open for stand-up... I assume not, but, hope is eternal. Last Saturday, I had an awesome 2 hours, me at first then Pezz and then Cody and that was it. It was heavenly.

jc

JC, are you getting wifi on Liberty. Since you are going to be on Liberty and it has propulsion issues are you going to continue posting? It would be nice to know if it's propulsion system issues somehow effect other items on the ship. For example water flow rate at the flowrider, power limitations in the theatre, air conditioning problems and most importantly your nautical speeds.

If you would continue to post "live from the scene" how and if you are directly effected I and others would appreciate it. It could not be anymore on topic, as you would be at the epicentre of this thread's discussion.

Thanks in advance for considering keeping us on land posted. Either way I hope it goes smooth for you today, upon your embarkation of Liberty of the Seas.

I hate the slow internet, and before this came up I had decided to just go dark a week, since I would be able to work again Thursday since it is a five day, but I do get some free internet due to being diamond, so I will at least post a bit.

jc