Confirming Your OBC

keesar

We just got back from a wonderful cruise on Reflection. We had booked on board on a previous cruise and finalized it with our Celebrity Planner in Miami. I had noticed we had not received any of our OBC when viewing our account on board. When I went down to Guest Relations to inquire, they said they had no record of any OBC. Luckily, I had my Celebrity Booking Confirmation that detailed the OBC. Miami was called and after a period of time, they said we would get only $250 as we had received a discounted price from the amount due. (?) Luckily, I had brought a copy of my final payment which listed the actual amount paid. Miami was called again and "made an exception" even thought the OBCs were clearly listed.

Bottom Line: Bring your detailed Booking Confirmation and a copy of your final payment. I was not the only one placed in this situation.

A similar situation happened to me on a TA. After a week of not having heard from Miami, I went to Guest Relations and they maintained that Miami hadn't even been contacted, as the Internet had been slow. A day later the situation was resolved and my OBC was re-instated, even though it was showing on my invoice.

We shouldn't be spending our vacation running back and fore to GRl

Edited by upwarduk

Thanks for reporting this problem on CC. I decided to check my $300 on board credit and found it had vanished from my documents. Not only that but my online check in was gone. I am glad I printed out the "Xpress Pass" once I had completed the check in. When I called Celebrity (third time on this reservation) they could not tell why everything had cleared but said "Don't worry you have your Xpress Pass." They don't instill much faith in you as a customer. So they found the $300 OB Credit and forwarded a fifth copy of my confirmation indicating the the credit. The web site also said I owed more for the cruise. Celebrity are you listening, "Your web site is pathetic and you really need to FIX it". I have no problems with other lines sites.

Edited by hbrote

I just printed out my booklet for an up coming cruise on the Eclipse. I noted that it did not say anything about my OBC of $300. It is on my original booking confirmation. I will look into this before I leave. Thanks for your posting the issue.

I had the OBC accurately reflected on the Celebrity Booking Confirmation that I had printed out- but it apparently 'disappeared'. When they told me I did not pay the amount that was due on the invoice but a discounted amount which voided the OBC, I produced the receipt of having paid the amount due. What was frustrating was that they asked me to call my travel agent and I told them I had booked it upstairs in Future Cruises.

Also, my Bon Voyage Specialty Dining Certificate arrived the morning of the LAST sea day. It said I had 48 hours to use it. Luckily, I was aware of the gift and had booked earlier in the week but still had to go to Guest Relations to get the credit. On other cruises, the certificate arrived the morning of the FIRST sea day. So you need to be aware what you are entitled to and bring the docs.

How do you get a Special Bon Voyage certificate? :confused:

We check our OBC on day one. Having your paperwork is key.:thumbup:

Sent from my VS985 4G using Forums mobile app

For anyone looking for it, OBC does not usually show up until Day 2 of the cruise.

How do you get a Special Bon Voyage certificate? :confused:.

I book directly with Celebrity. Before final payment is due, I will call the agent at Celebrity to confirm the Booking and ask if there are any "specials" going on at that time. Sometimes, I will get a resident discount or maybe a shareholder OBC or dinner for two. Sometimes nothing....:( It depends on what is being offered and what is combinable with the reservation.

I book directly with Celebrity. Before final payment is due, I will call the agent at Celebrity to confirm the Booking and ask if there are any "specials" going on at that time. Sometimes, I will get a resident discount or maybe a shareholder OBC or dinner for two. Sometimes nothing....:( It depends on what is being offered and what is combinable with the reservation.

I also book directly with Celebrity. In fact, just got off the phone with the Captains Club, after a 20 minute wait! I was trying to straighten out some reservations. I was also able to get a price reduction on one cruise (before final) and pay for an upgraded stateroom on another (after final), plus keep my 123Go All Inclusives. I never knew to ask for any "specials", but not much else is combinable after what we are already receiving. :D

I also book directly with Celebrity. In fact, just got off the phone with the Captains Club, after a 20 minute wait! I was trying to straighten out some reservations. I was also able to get a price reduction on one cruise (before final) and pay for an upgraded stateroom on another (after final), plus keep my 123Go All Inclusives. I never knew to ask for any "specials", but not much else is combinable after what we are already receiving. :D

Good job, I am glad you were able to take advantage.:D

We just booked for an April sailing & are paid in full.

Our e-docs state that we have the free gratuities, OBC, & free beverage package.

However, after reading this thread we took a look online to verify that everything still matches our e-docs.

Well, the online info does not reflect the free gratuities we're supposed to receive.

So, yes, we will be sure to bring documentation along.

On a side note, I hope this is not a new trend in the travel industry.

For example: We recently booked a rental car online for a very reasonable price. Read the fine print, and nothing was mentioned about a drop fee at another location.

When the car was dropped off, there was a $200 fee added on.

My husband asked the rental agent about it & she wanted nothing to do with it.

So, he contacted the Customer No Service Dept & was told they would look into it.

It's been a couple weeks now, & no refund has appeared on the cc. So were still working on that one.

We wonder if the attitude is: Put up enough roadblocks & eventually the customer will give in.

We have had issues with our OBC twice now with Celebrity and have never had issues with any other cruiseline we have been on. After speaking with Guest Services and having documentation as proof, things have always worked out in the end but it makes me angry that this problem even exists.

Mistakes happen and I am easy going but when I figured out this happens a lot to people and a few times to me...not ok. We are on vacation and should not have to deal with this.

rumpelstiltskin -

What do you mean by your eDocs? Are you speaking of an invoice?

It is my experience that once a cruise is paid in full, the billing does not appear on your MyCelebrity. My March cruise is paid in full, yet I cannot see any details online anymore.

I called Celebrity and ask for a copy of my invoice to be sent showing that I was paid in full, and what was included in my cruise fare.

Mistakes happen and I am easy going but when I figured out this happens a lot to people and a few times to me...not ok. We are on vacation and should not have to deal with this.

I totally agree. I was so glad I had a copy of my final payment receipt. I was told that I did not pay that amount but a 'discounted' amount that negated one of the OBCs. If I did not have both the Booking Confirmation with the OBCs and amount due AND the receipt of the final payment, what could I do?

I cannot figure out why the ship did not get the same Booking Confirmation perks that I had been sent.:confused:

I get to spend time on the phone again today! I have my invoice which they emailed to me which shows I paid in full and have all the 123go benefits BUT I can't print out my express pass because online it shows I still owe $175 for gratuities! My sister is on the same cruise and she has had to call also because her 123go pkg. disappeared!

They need to update their system or maybe it is their practice to jilt the customer. How many people never catch the missing OBC, the little higher rate, the free gratuity....

This happened to me this week too! Paid in full but website shows that I owe gratuities. I called Celebrity and they said on their end it shows as paid and not to worry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

This happened to me this week too! Paid in full but website shows that I owe gratuities. I called Celebrity and they said on their end it shows as paid and not to worry.

Some of us pre pay gratuities, if we are taking Select dining, so I suppose that has to be recorded.

In the UK we are invited to pre- pay, even if we have chosen 1st or 2 nd sitting, but we don't have to. It does save paying in a different currency on board ship and having it converted at a later date, with a possible foreign currency charge ( depending on the charge by your credit card.

Some of us pre pay gratuities, if we are taking Select dining, so I suppose that has to be recorded.

In the UK we are invited to pre- pay, even if we have chosen 1st or 2 nd sitting, but we don't have to. It does save paying in a different currency on board ship and having it converted at a later date, with a possible foreign currency charge ( depending on the charge by your credit card.

That all depends on which way your currency is going (against the USD). Yes, you can delay payment, but if your currency drops by more than 2% over the time you will lose out. I suppose some will prefer to pay now and others later, it is good to have the flexibility.:D

But that's the thing I have select dining and did pre-pay my gratuities, but on the My Celebrity reservation it shows that I still owe that amount. The website is also not showing my OBC amount either, so as others have suggested, I will call before boarding to confirm its there. There are definite discrepancies between what the client sees in My Celebrity and what Celebrity sees on their computer system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app