Carry On Question

Nessaraye

Is there a certain size that your carry on needs to be and what all should we carry in it? We have FTTF. We plan to wear our bathing suits on under our clothes so wasn't sure if there was anything else we needed.

Is there a certain size that your carry on needs to be and what all should we carry in it? We have FTTF. We plan to wear our bathing suits on under our clothes so wasn't sure if there was anything else we needed.

Consider your check in baggage is delayed - all required medication(s), and all valuables should be in carry on. Also any wine, or other beverage(s) you may be taking.

It needs to fit though the metal detector so I would say no bigger than a 25-26 inch suitcase. Don't forget when you get to the port and hand your baggage to the porters to make sure they put the orange stickers on any bags you check. Ours were delivered to our room with in 15 min of us getting onboard.

This is what is stated on the Carnival website under the FAQ's for luggage restrictions:

Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more than 50 pounds (22.68 Kilograms) and not exceed 16"H x 24"W (40.64 cm x 60.96 cm); there are no length restrictions. Please attach your Carnival Cruise Lines luggage tags PRIOR to leaving home and make sure that they are still on your bags when checking in with us. In many ports, guests have the option of carrying luggage on board at embarkation and off the ship at the end of the cruise as long as it does not exceed 16"H x 24"W (no length restrictions).

So as long as you do not exceed 16" x 24" you can have any length. So it you luggage is a 28" but the other 2 dimensions are 16" x 24" you should be able to carry it on. But of course that would be a big bag to handle. Also you never know what the people at the port are going to do. I have heard that people have been made to check bags that met the restrictions stated above.

The scanner at the port for carry on luggage is the same size that is used for airline carry on. If it doesn't fit they will have check the bag.

12- 20 oz or less pp.

Just to confirm, if we have two people (i.e. my wife and I), we could put all 24 bottles of soda into one carry-on, right? I plan to just have one carry-on for the two of us and will check our main bag. So, I just want to make sure that I can put both of our soda limit into one carry-on.

Thanks!

- John...

Just to confirm, if we have two people (i.e. my wife and I), we could put all 24 bottles of soda into one carry-on, right? I plan to just have one carry-on for the two of us and will check our main bag. So, I just want to make sure that I can put both of our soda limit into one carry-on.

Thanks!

- John...

That is what I did for the 3 of us last time.

since you can get to your cabin when you get onboard, just carry your swimsuits in the carry on; this is what we do. We check our big bags with the porters and carry our electronic and other minor items with us in small bags. I then toss them into the cabin and go grab lunch, not having to carry anything with me.