Price drop options/approach

In the past, I have called after a price drop and upgraded my cabin. This time my granddaughter specifically wanted to stay in a boardwalk balcony close to the Aquatheater which is what I have booked.. What are my options instead of changing cabins when I call Royal about the price drop and what approach should I use?

P.S. It is before final payment.

Edited by saltyswife

If you live in the US/Canada, you can get the lower price before final payment.

But ONLY if you call and tell them you want it applied -- they don't do it automatically.

Also be aware that if you got OBC or other freebies with your original booking, those might be lost with the new pricing applied, so always ask -- it may be in your best interest to keep the higher price with the freebies than to get the lower price without the freebies.

Also make sure you have the "DO NOT UPGRADE" selected on your booking -- otherwise you could lose that room assignment without realizing it, and they won't move you back if someone else has already booked your original room in the meantime.

If you live in the US/Canada, you can get the lower price before final payment.

Anyone have experience with a price drop in a RCCL excursion? Can it be adjusted or is it a hassle and not worth bothering for a few dollars?

Price drops are not advertised... You have to monitor them, or subscribe to a site that monitors them and receive an alert.

I've seen 2 drops on my Anthem and one drop on Allure - called my TA, who in turn called Royal, and my price drops were adjusted - I'm before final payment.

In the past, I have called after a price drop and upgraded my cabin. This time my granddaughter specifically wanted to stay in a boardwalk balcony close to the Aquatheater which is what I have booked.. What are my options instead of changing cabins when I call Royal about the price drop and what approach should I use?

P.S. It is before final payment.

Your option is to pay less for the cabin you already have. You just call and say you want the lower price applied to your booking. If you booked through a TA call them, otherwise call Royal.

Price drops are not advertised... You have to monitor them, or subscribe to a site that monitors them and receive an alert.

I've seen 2 drops on my Anthem and one drop on Allure - called my TA, who in turn called Royal, and my price drops were adjusted - I'm before final payment.

I will be calling today for our 3rd since we booked, I always thought it would be higher the closer you get to your sale date but happily surprised.

What happens after final payment date if the price drops, do they give you an OBC?

I will be calling today for our 3rd since we booked, I always thought it would be higher the closer you get to your sale date but happily surprised.

What happens after final payment date if the price drops, do they give you an OBC?

No credit of any kind after final payment date. However, you can still upgrade for little or no cost if the price of a higher category drops enough.