Just boarded Breakaway-NO show reservations

WMQueenie

I posted a couple days back about the no-reservations for the shows and I will tell you there was a line at the theater 45 mins before the show started and within 5-10 mins after the doors opened it was full. They do a great job filling in seats, no saving seats were allowed. Ushers would make you move towards the center not leaving any empty seats. But the theater is way to small for the ship size and lots of unhappy passengers that had reservations that were not honored. I can only speak of the 2 shows we attended. My advise is get there early if you want to see either show Rock of Ages or Burn the Floor

We won't cruise until Dec but I'm really worried about this. :(

Thanks for the update.

We were on board for the 2/1 cruise. The days and times were changed twice while on board for ALL our reserved shows.:eek: Double changing really screwed up our plans with meals. A lot of unhappy people on board because of this. Lots of complaints...:eek:

No matter what NCL does with the shows, there will always be a problem due to a small theater.

Hopefully they'll work all the kinks out by then. The ship is beautiful but so unfortunate that all the public common areas are so small. Very crowded ship!! I've cruised 30+ times and have never felt so crowded by people on a ship that wasn't even sold out.

I posted a couple days back about the no-reservations for the shows and I will tell you there was a line at the theater 45 mins before the show started and within 5-10 mins after the doors opened it was full. They do a great job filling in seats, no saving seats were allowed. Ushers would make you move towards the center not leaving any empty seats. But the theater is way to small for the ship size and lots of unhappy passengers that had reservations that were not honored. I can only speak of the 2 shows we attended. My advise is get there early if you want to see either show Rock of Ages or Burn the Floor

This is what I was afraid of.

We've got 6:30 reservations for Rock of Ages and we have two small children (3&5) that we were going to drop off at Splash Academy early. I would like to hear how this will work with the no reservation deal. Will they still offer early drop off? I'll be pretty upset if they don't, because the later showings are too late to keep the kids out. :confused:

I hope they do!

That was a big help for us. Last year, we were able to drop off DD around 6:10 for the 6:30PM show.

I hope someone with the same situation can chime in about their experience with the new system.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

30 minutes is probably more likely. I really don't understand the problem. Have a drink, and talk to people with you or around you. It's 30 minutes lol

I like your attitude. I'm usually the designated line waiter. If I have to do this on the Epic, I will make sure my people make it to the line before they open the doors because once you get in, I heard you can't save seats.

IMHO if you're going to make your main theater as small as the one on Breakaway for the number of passengers, there should be reservations. I know some people disliked them for a variety of reasons, and it conceptually clashes with NCL's freestyle approach, but I think they're really unavoidable given the space / PAX capacity. We were on Breakaway in November with reservations and had no issues whatsoever. I would not be happy having to get to the theater that early only to be herded to whatever seats the ushers decide to direct us to.

Again, that's just my $.02... but I don't think this is a particularly good change, and I hope there are reservations for my Escape cruise in 2016.

Edited by Dave85

Just got off Breakaway today... I received the "letter" in our cabin.. as well as on the Iconcierge App (which I HIGHLY recommend downloading prior to your cruise.. Amazingly helpful!) Showtimes were switched around.. and reservations were all cancelled. This was not at all an issue as I found that we were able to see all the shows whenever we wanted. Same as another poster mentioned.. just get there a little early.. walk into the theatre.. order a drink.. or talk to your neighbors... Just like going to see a broadway show... I was never locked out of a show for lack of seats. BUT if you are worried about that.. go early in the week and see how it works.. IF you can't get into that show.. you know there will always be another chance. :) My theory is... it's vacation... go with the flow :)

I like your attitude. I'm usually the designated line waiter. If I have to do this on the Epic, I will make sure my people make it to the line before they open the doors because once you get in, I heard you can't save seats.

Yeah, me too.

Just got off Breakaway today... I received the "letter" in our cabin.. as well as on the Iconcierge App (which I HIGHLY recommend downloading prior to your cruise.. Amazingly helpful!) Showtimes were switched around.. and reservations were all cancelled. This was not at all an issue as I found that we were able to see all the shows whenever we wanted. Same as another poster mentioned.. just get there a little early.. walk into the theatre.. order a drink.. or talk to your neighbors... Just like going to see a broadway show... I was never locked out of a show for lack of seats. BUT if you are worried about that.. go early in the week and see how it works.. IF you can't get into that show.. you know there will always be another chance. :) My theory is... it's vacation... go with the flow :)

Perfect! Thanks for the feedback. I'm very excited about this change, and I hope it's implemented on all the big ships.

Just got off Breakaway today... I received the "letter" in our cabin.. Showtimes were switched around.. and reservations were all cancelled.

Can you (or anyone who was on a sailing since this change has been made) please tell us what the new showtimes were? I have prepaid and pre-made all of our dining reservations for 7:00 every night so we could easily make the 9:30 show times. I need a heads up if this is going to now be a problem so I can make adjustments accordingly.

I am just off the Breakaway and the show times were still at 9:30 although they switched the Friday show to a Tuesday due to a special guest singer. The early shows for rock of ages were shown at 6:30 due to length of show. BTW I thought that the seats in the theatre were the most uncomfortable I have ever experienced. I will be sending the bill for my physiotherapist to NCL.

Hi

We are on the norwegian pearl, it's our first ncl cruise. Do you have to book for the shows, we have only done one cruise previously and we didn't book, just turned up early.

Any help on this would be good

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am just off the Breakaway and the show times were still at 9:30 although they switched the Friday show to a Tuesday due to a special guest singer. The early shows for rock of ages were shown at 6:30 due to length of show. BTW I thought that the seats in the theatre were the most uncomfortable I have ever experienced. I will be sending the bill for my physiotherapist to NCL.

Same on the Getaway. Very uncomfortable!

I'd much rather wait in line a reasonable length of time than pre-plan to that degree. All this pre-reservation stuff is getting to be like Disney, with all those Sgt. Mom types scheduling every minute of their vacations. Spontaneity = Freestyle.