Theatre reservations

Dan_S

The theater doors usually open 30 minutes before show time. I recommend arriving then. You can go in and get practically any seat location (middle, halfway back always good). Then sit, people watch, have a drink if you wish. For us, that's worked nicely for every show we've seen.

I reserved mine on breakaway, 1st day we got to ship there was a letter on the bed that our shows were cancelled due to time changing and it was now open to everyone and no reservations excepted, this was for burn the floor and rock of ages

That's how it was when we were on March 1-8. It had just started for our cruise.

There have been a couple of cruises where reservations haven't been used, but it was apparently a trial. It may continue that way, or it may change back.

I would recommend to anyone with cruises on the Breakaway to reserve any shows they want (as long as it is possible of course), just in case.

Has that been confirmed?

Just off the Breakaway this morning - no reservations needed. We got to Rock of Ages about 30 minutes ahead and got great seats. Well, we both feel that the actual seats are the most uncomfortable seats ever! I mean, it hurt sitting there! Rock of Ages was fantastic!

Just off the Breakaway this morning - no reservations needed. We got to Rock of Ages about 30 minutes ahead and got great seats. Well, we both feel that the actual seats are the most uncomfortable seats ever! I mean, it hurt sitting there! Rock of Ages was fantastic!

That's three weeks in a row then, so it looks like it could go on that way.

I'd still make those reservations just in case, until NCL makes an announcement, or the ability to reserve is removed.

Three weeks is not even a proper test yet - usually when they try new things, it's 1-3 months at least so that they can get feedback from slower passengers too (many wait for a while before voicing their concerns), have enough statistics to actually make statistically relevant comparisons, etc.

Three weeks is not even a proper test yet - usually when they try new things, it's 1-3 months at least so that they can get feedback from slower passengers too (many wait for a while before voicing their concerns), have enough statistics to actually make statistically relevant comparisons, etc.

The Internet test has been going for nearly a year, so you're certainly correct there.

I am curious about the cirque show.In the past it has been advertised in the dailies that the 1st night of the cruise it was discounted . Do you know if it was offered discounted on your cruise?

Thanks

I'd still make those reservations just in case, until NCL makes an announcement, or the ability to reserve is removed.

I agree. The ability to reserve Rock of Ages and Burn the Floor just became available for my Breakaway cruise in June. The fact that NCL still gives you the ability to reserve seats for those 2 shows seems to indicate that perhaps they haven't made the final decision about reservations yet. If June comes and I find no reservations are needed I've lost nothing but a few minutes of my time. But if they decide between now and then to go back to the reservation system, then I've got my day and time locked in (hopefully).

Either way we'll love the shows.

where is it posted on line what shows are playing and what times. I do not see how you can make reservations without the above info.

You need to login to myncl and then, when you get to the point where reservations can be made all the details will be there.

I agree. The ability to reserve Rock of Ages and Burn the Floor just became available for my Breakaway cruise in June. The fact that NCL still gives you the ability to reserve seats for those 2 shows seems to indicate that perhaps they haven't made the final decision about reservations yet. If June comes and I find no reservations are needed I've lost nothing but a few minutes of my time. But if they decide between now and then to go back to the reservation system, then I've got my day and time locked in (hopefully).

Either way we'll love the shows.

In February I booked ROA, Second City, Adult Show, and Burn the Floor. When we boarded, we got a letter that these shows were changed to later in the week (it was a 12 day). Then the entertainment was changed around due to 1) superbowl coverage: 2) rough seas. I tried to book second shows for ROA and Burn the Flow. My Norwegian app on my ipad would not allow me to but the hallway screens allowed me to book a second show. Also Oh what a night (Frankie Vallee tribute) was avaible for booking on the ship. We loved that so much we just walked into the second show. Although I worried about taking a seat away from someone else, there was always plenty of room in those shows.

I am curious about the cirque show.In the past it has been advertised in the dailies that the 1st night of the cruise it was discounted . Do you know if it was offered discounted on your cruise?

Thanks

Yes, on the first night (only) there was a 25% discount.

On BA the only shows that need to have reservations for are second city comedy. No longer needed for burn the floor or rock of ages.

yeah that sucked.

I reserved seating times for burn the floor and RoA online on ncl.com.

when I came on board, I did not know reservations were no longer needed.

thankfully I was alone that 1st nite and found a seat relatively easily.

now you have to arrive at least 30min b4 the show to get a seat.

at about 15min b4 the show, the aisles were crowded with people looking for a seat.

surprised fights didn't break out since I saw that people were clearly frustrated.

Edited by fstuff1