Beach towels

Ashtonwa

You will be given pool / beach towels. Do not use your room / bath towels.

N.B. you must keep track of the towels. If you fail to return them you will be charged about $25 per towel.

Not all cruise lines have this rule.

Do I need to bring beach towels for my family to use on excursion days or can we take our room towels?

Seems you will be cruising on NCL.

Yes, you will be provided with beach towels. No need to bring any from home! :)

LuLu

So don't take the towels from my room? Where do I get beach towels then?

On some cruise lines the beach towels are in your room. And there better one there when you leave. On other cruise lines you get the beach towel at the pool. Some cruise lines require that you check out your towel, others don't make you check out your towel.

Most cruise lines I have travelled with have white towels in the bathroom. Any other colour is for pool use or beach use. The "other colour" towels are generally available around the pool for you to take freely as many as you like within reason. Used ones are normally thrown in the used towels bin/s. Clearly you can supplement the two towels in your cabin with a few collected from the pool area. Thus ending up with a cabin containing say seven towels. Goodness knows why you would want to but it is possible.

The only way you are likely to be charged for "missing towels" is where you take them ashore but do not bring them back. The only way to police the towels taken ashore would be if the cruise line monitored towels leaving the ship. To do this they would presumably have to search your bags as x-rays would not work effectively. Then record who was taking how many towels ashore. When you return to the ship you would have to show them the returned towels and get the cruise line to record who had returned precisely how many towels and get them recorded as returned.

In reality I should be surprised if any cruise line focused on towel losses as it is a bit ridiculous to say the least. Has anyone ever had a charge levied relating to lost towels?

Regards John