Post your best cruise picture

Henrik_Keller

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are a few from Norway and Med. You can see lots more below if you have a future interest in the Norway fjords, above the Arctic Circle, etc.. from my blog/live posting that I did. Can share many more from these areas and others places, if it's of interest.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 39,590 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Our first views of Istanbul from our just docking cruise ship as we smell the sweet blend of this historic Turkish city:

1A-Istanbul-Harbor.jpg

Harbor view in Mykonos and one of the charming windmills:

1A-Mykonos-Harbor.jpg

You go on these Norway Coast cruises for the spectacular fjords. From the journey to Flam, Gudvangen and Sognerfjord, here is one picture from our ship giving you a sampling of the skies and views for these beautiful internal coastlines of the fjords.

FjordsSkyMtsDramaRevised.jpg

This is the dramatic overview of Alesund from the Aksla vantage point. This spot allows a nearly 360 degree view of this setting for this island city and the surrounding mountains and islands. It is at a 597’ height overlooking the five islands making up the scenic town. You can see our ship parked below in the harbor.:

AlesundHarbor.jpg

As we departed Svolvaer in the Lofoten Islands on a perfect, sunny day, these are two of the green, tree-covered mountains rising up from the sea that we saw with the small out-islands in the foreground. The Lofotens are above the Arctic Circle along the western coast of Norway.:

LofotenSlovDeparting.jpg

From the portside control area, here is the view as our ship sailed up this narrow 300’ wide passage in the Trollfjord as a part of the Lofoton Islands. :

TrollfjordShipControl.jpg

Edited by TLCOhio

• 2 weeks later...
That second photo is a little hard on the eyes. You need a much bigger depth of field.

I really loved the first picture for the beach with the ship in the background. The second one had an interesting "arty" use of the blurred ship in the background. Different styles on pictures and how done. Below are a few more of my cruise pix's. If you would like to see more of Norway, check out my live/blog from last summer. Getting ready for Barcelona, southern France, Italy, Croatian Coast, etc. Lots of great photo options on this Celebrity Solstice cruise June 7-19.

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 40,925 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

This is the super scenic view from immediately above Geiranger in the Norway fjords that shows the Silver Cloud and Costa ships tendered. The view provides a wonderful vista.:

FjordsFinalPortLongView.jpg

Here is one view of the North Cape above the Arctic Circle in Norway as we approached and the clouds started to clear and the sun broke through showing a great blue sky.:

NorthCapeFullLookGreen.jpg

Arriving at Flam in the Norway fjords, the Captain is right there directing this process. You can see here some of the fjord mountains, waterfalls in the background. Below are more pictures and highlights from this day in the Sognerfjord that is rated as the best in all of Norway for these views. This includes a spectacular train ride up the mountain, seeing the valleys, waterfalls, etc.:

FjordsDockedFlam.jpg

This picture shows the Bergen Floibanen funicular railway coming up the steep hill with the harbor, fish market, etc. in the background of this charming Norway coastal town with so much great history and architecture. On the top, somewhat right, the Silver Cloud and Costa ships can be seen in the harbor.

BergenRailCarUpHill.jpg

Lots of beautiful church towers and buildings are located all over in historic St. Petersburg that is best reached by a cruise trip in the Baltics.:

1A-StP-Ch.jpg

From the harbor in Stockholm, here is a view of the Royal Palace, the historic Saint Nicolaus Church, or as commonly known Storkyrkan. To the left in the picture is where the historic Gamia Stan area starts.:

StockhPalaceDocking.jpg

These are a few of my favorites from my latest Southern Caribbean cruise

I like the colors of this one from Rousseau, Dominica:

RosseauportcolorfulboatsAprill2011142.jpg

Emerald Pool, Dominica

EmeraldPoolcloned.jpg

Carib Territory, Dominica:

DominicashorelineCaribterritoryAprill2011228.jpg

St. George, Grenada

StGeorgeharborframed.jpg

Bonaire sunset from our balcony:

StarbridgeandBonairesunsetAprill2011361.jpg

coming back to Port Everglades- a total of five ships in this pic

FtLauderdalearrivalAprill2011540-1.jpg

Beautiful Pics Everyone. I have really got to book me a Norwegian Fjord cruise. The views are stunning.

YES! Go for the Norway fjords, coast, etc. Great area. The pictures do not really it justice to "ALL" that you will see and experience.

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 41,000 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.