I wish Celebrity would:

jenniebnyc

Interesting... It would be nice if that was a standard option on cruise ships though instead of only for certain specialty cruises.

On our 2/13/15 Equinox cruise there was a group of about 20 riders who unloaded their bikes every morning in port and returned late afternoon after touring the island. Cool!

On our 2/13/15 Equinox cruise there was a group of about 20 riders who unloaded their bikes every morning in port and returned late afternoon after touring the island. Cool!

We took a Med cruise a few years ago and one of the stops was in Greece. My wife and I rented a scooter and drove to Olympia (ancient Olympic site). Two people on a low powered scooter that only really had room for one person made for an interesting trip. Those scooters really handle strangely and the don't have enough power to keep up with traffic. Combine that with not being able to read a single sign nor having a GPS and it make finding the site and getting back to port before the ship sailed a bit "interesting". Nice scenery though -- I would have really liked to have had one of my motorcycles with me instead of being on that little 49cc scooter.

I would have really liked to have had one of my motorcycles with me instead of being on that little 49cc scooter.

No offense, but I would hate if Celebrity allowed motorcycles and scooters. I can't think of a worse sound to listen to while relaxing on my balcony in port. I don't know which bothers me more, Harleys or Vespas.

No offense, but I would hate if Celebrity allowed motorcycles and scooters. I can't think of a worse sound to listen to while relaxing on my balcony in port. I don't know which bothers me more, Harleys or Vespas.

Not all of us who own Harleys chant the "loud pipes" mantra. Mine has the stock mufflers on it and I try to keep the RPMs down low so to not make noise. It's basically a "ka-thump... ka-thump..." sound.

I don't think the sound would be that big of a deal though. It wouldn't take long to unload everyone and depending upon where your cabin in located, you might not even hear it.

Hey I know... Segways! ;)

Seriously though, vehicles just don't seem to be the type of thing a cruise line would want customers to be bringing onboard (although I wouldn't be surprised if the crew had a few onboard). Especially anything that has liquid fuels that might leak, emit fumes, etc.

Moreover, it undercuts their excursion revenue stream.

Edited by dbsb3233

Hey I know... Segways! ;)

Yeah, that'll get you to the end of the dock at least... Might even get you out of the tourist trap area that is near the dock... I'll take a bicycle over a Segway.

Seriously though, vehicles just don't seem to be the type of thing a cruise line would want customers to be bringing onboard (although I wouldn't be surprised if the crew had a few onboard). Especially anything that has liquid fuels that might leak, emit fumes, etc.

Moreover, it undercuts their excursion revenue stream.

If it was reasonably priced, I would be even more inclined to take cruises. Since there are some agencies that book cruises with bikes, any safety concerns have already been addressed. One of my motorcycles is routinely parked inside an enclosed air-conditioned space and if had even the slightest fuel leak or vapor escaping the tank, I would know about it. Not every motorcycle is like this, of course.

I'm not a big fan of the shipboard excursions. I like to do my own thing and not be lead around with a tight schedule telling me what I must see and when I must see it.

Edited by NavyVet1959

Not all of us who own Harleys chant the "loud pipes" mantra. Mine has the stock mufflers on it and I try to keep the RPMs down low so to not make noise. It's basically a "ka-thump... ka-thump..." sound..

I appreciate that. Can you come talk to the neighbor who love to rev his Harley at 3 in the morning. He used to rev it next to my husband's work van just to set off the alarm.

You can look it up... Harley's on Celebrity.

There were a number of cruisers with their Harley's that we watched get off in Puerto Rico in January

While doing a search, I came up with this article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2254382/Royal-Caribbean-How-2-500-hairy-bikers-ruined-familys-4-000-cruise.html

I had to laugh my ass off though. From the look of the woman making the complaint, I'm pretty sure I would rather have a cruise ship full of bikers than a cruise ship full of people like here.

Kind of looks like Paul Teutul (Sr) of Orange County Choppers sitting by the pool. Except that he's missing some ink, so it's probably not him.

You can look it up... Harley's on Celebrity.

There were a number of cruisers with their Harley's that we watched get off in Puerto Rico in January

This surprises me but yes, I'm finding some references to motorcycle cruises too. Looks like there's one company that specializes in arrangements for them. No doubt there's an extra fee for the special arrangements. Can't tell whether it's just certain designated cruises or not. Probably so, because it appears only certain ports allow it (if I read correctly). I'm only showing certain Caribbean ports in their reference list.

• 4 weeks later...

I wish Celebrity would refill the fridge in your cabin daily at no extra charge as the Oceania cruise line does, with what you pay on these cruises a couple of bottles of water, juice & soft drink each day would not hurt!

It is:) great to be able to go back to your cabin and wow your fridge is so generously restock.

Create a position such as Ship to Shoreside Liaison, to disseminate information between the 2 to ensure consistency.

Hire a Director of Marketing and Consumer Information to ensure all messaging is standardized and reviewed between marketing, operations, reservations, ship staff etc.

Hire someone whose title is simply "Trainer" to properly and consistently train staff and ensure standards and commitments are being met

Create a position such as Ship to Shoreside Liaison, to disseminate information between the 2 to ensure consistency.

Hire a Director of Marketing and Consumer Information to ensure all messaging is standardized and reviewed between marketing, operations, reservations, ship staff etc.

Hire someone whose title is simply "Trainer" to properly and consistently train staff and ensure standards and commitments are being met

I couldn't agree more. As a stockholder it is very disappointing to see the lack of consistency and poor communication between Celebrity and their customers.

And remove the wonderful al Fresco dining aft of the Oceanview cafe? And the Sunset Bar? For a pool? No way!

Absolutely agree. These are some of the best amenities on Celebrity ships. Replacing them with a pool would be a downgrade to my cruise experience.

Just got back from a 4 week vacation that included a 2 week Atlantic crossing on CDF. I didn't use the pool even once on the trip, so adding a pool to a cruise ship doesn't entice me in the least. With the CDF cruise, it was more a case of needing eye bleach after crossing the pool deck considering the number of 70+ year olds in bikinis and speedos... Some things just cannot be un-seen, no matter how much you would like to... :)

I wish Celebrity would refill the fridge in your cabin daily at no extra charge as the Oceania cruise line does, with what you pay on these cruises a couple of bottles of water, juice & soft drink each day would not hurt!

It is:) great to be able to go back to your cabin and wow your fridge is so generously restock.

While I'm sure they'd never make the minibar free on a cruise line that doesn't have premium cruise pricing, it would be nice if they would leave us a form in the room to fill out if we want the stuff we'll never use taken out and replaced with what we do want.

Edited by dbsb3233

First thing we do when getting into the cabin is ask the attendent to remove all the drinks from the fridge.We then just stock up with cans,water and milk etc as we go along.

As far as a pool is concerned ,never use them on a ship certainly they never entice us to book a ship just because of a pool.

First thing we do when getting into the cabin is ask the attendent to remove all the drinks from the fridge.We then just stock up with cans,water and milk etc as we go along.

As far as a pool is concerned ,never use them on a ship certainly they never entice us to book a ship just because of a pool.

We asked the attendant to do that on our Millennium cruise last year but he said "just push the stuff that's in there over". Which didn't help a lot since it left us room for maybe 2 extra cans. Sounds like maybe we just got the wrong attendant.

-- add another pool to the ships.

What do you wish for?

• Stop adding specialty restaurants, you have enough empty ones already! :D
  • Provide better service in the MDR, improve the menu and stop sending out cold food! :eek:

• Enforce all the rules even if you make someone upset! :confused:
  • Pizza at the pool! :)

Cheers!

Ken

We asked the attendant to do that on our Millennium cruise last year but he said "just push the stuff that's in there over". Which didn't help a lot since it left us room for maybe 2 extra cans. Sounds like maybe we just got the wrong attendant.

yes, you got the wrong attendant...and should have said something to the head housekeeper. But this ties to Cle's suggestion to "hire a trainer".....

Hi there,

At a recent Q&A session on the Celebrity Century, our CEO and President Lisa Lutoff-Perlo stated that our website is an extremely high priority, and that she will address the website issues that guests have been telling us about.

I'll try to keep everyone updated as soon as I learn more, but simply do want to let everyone know that yes, we are aware of these issues.

Thank you for this information. I am a relative newbie to Celebrity and to cruising in general. Based on my brief experience I would rate the look and feel of the website as absolutely top notch and I have suggested it as a model to friends/colleagues who do web design. Gorgeous graphics, consistency across the site and emails and printed brochures. However, behind that pretty facade there must be connections to data bases that contain things like passenger information, ship schedules, fare costs, restaurant menus etc etc. if only there a way to lift the vail and actually get to the information we are looking for...