Hat off?

Yes, you have to take off your hat when reboarding. (I think also they ask you to take off your sunglasses when they compare the real you to the image on the monitor that your sea pass card brings up.)

They will also ask you to remove your hat when they take your sea pass photo at check-in.

Judy

We haven't cruised Royal since 2012 & I'm trying to figure out if I should wear my hair for my Seapass photo or not. Do they ask you to remove your hat when re-boarding the ship like NCL does?

You have to take the hat off but you can leave your hairpiece on[emoji145]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We haven't cruised Royal since 2012 & I'm trying to figure out if I should wear my hair for my Seapass photo or not. Do they ask you to remove your hat when re-boarding the ship like NCL does?

:eek: If you have hair, you might want to keep it on your head! :D Having a shaved head though I don't have that option! :D

Yes, you have to take off your hat when reboarding. (I think also they ask you to take off your sunglasses when they compare the real you to the image on the monitor that your sea pass card brings up.)

They will also ask you to remove your hat when they take your sea pass photo at check-in.

Judy

You're correct. You will be asked to remove both your hat and sunglasses if you forget to take them off when reboarding.

Edited by davekathy

You have to take the hat off but you can leave your hairpiece on[emoji145]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be wearing a hat when in port, not the hair, so I guess I won't be wearing the hairpiece when we board............. Thanks all!

When you enter an enclosed space, men are supposed to remove their hats!!! Standard manners!

Jump to conclusions much?

And my husband always does..................

Perhaps a scarf would make you more comfortable?

Also consider that your boarding picture is used for facial recognition. So, any photos they take during the cruise will be on a computer where you can find them on a touch screen. I don't know if all ships have this, but you may want to think about the best way to handle this. Of course, for your boarding picture, you are allowed to wear a hat. You only have to take it off when they take your seapass picture.

It is not crucial though, since we have found their facial recognition is not very good. They had a hard time matching my face. ;)

Enjoy your cruise! :)

Also consider that your boarding picture is used for facial recognition. So, any photos they take during the cruise will be on a computer where you can find them on a touch screen. I don't know if all ships have this, but you may want to think about the best way to handle this. Of course, for your boarding picture, you are allowed to wear a hat. You only have to take it off when they take your seapass picture.

It is not crucial though, since we have found their facial recognition is not very good. They had a hard time matching my face. ;)

Enjoy your cruise! :)

My face won't change................ just the hair, or lack thereof. :eek: I'm not sure Legend has all the new photo stuff but I'm not overly concerned. I just don't want any confusion when we're re-boarding @ port stops. I'd prefer taking the Seapass photo without the hair over having ship security holding things up while they double & triple check me with a photo that looks different because of hair.

Must have been very vigilant screeners. I'm sure I must have done it before since it's a habit. And my hair is dark, as are the glasses so I don't think they'd even show up very much.

But it happened twice. (As I said, it's a habit.)

When you enter an enclosed space, men are supposed to remove their hats!!! Standard manners!

Does that include airports, train stations, dept. stores, subway cars,......:roll eyes:

As folks have suggested many times, cb, read the whole thread!:rolleyes: