Premium drink package ?

Is the premium drink package 65 a day or 65 per week? If it is 65 a day that racks up a $455 for the week. Yikes!

Sorry if I chuckle out loud. At $65 a week, it would be one wild ride!!

At $65 a week, that would could just about equal one drink a day and of course just about anyone would grab it. Heck - 2-3 sodas a day would equal that.

well shoot, that puts another item to budget. Thanks for your replies even though it was bad news

Don't feel bad... my stepson thought it was $65. per person for a 8 night cruise. His comment to us was "I think we (him and his friend) can splurge and go for the ultimate package" my DH said 'you do realize that is pp per day' the look on his face :eek::eek::eek: I think my DH laughed for a good 20 minutes just looking at his shocked face.

sorry if i chuckle out loud. At $65 a week, it would be one wild ride!!

At $65 a week, that would could just about equal one drink a day and of course just about anyone would grab it. Heck - 2-3 sodas a day would equal that.

lol

The small print sez " gratuity may be included or added" ... " based on itinerary"

How do we know which it will be?

Thanks!

You won't know until you go to checkout. I have two cruises booked. One shows the price with gratuity added, the other does not. The bottom line is going to be the same so it's really not a big issue............

Edited by phoenix1181

Are you sure that is the most recent set of prices? I am sailing on Freedom May 31st and when I go to select a drink package it tells me $58 for Premium and $65 for Ultimate. Maybe it is ship specific?

If you add the 18% to $49, you get $58.

Edited by clarea

We are leaving on the 18th. Have never done a drink package and would LOVE feedback from those of you who have purchased one and those that will be indulging in the package. I keep going back and forth with my husband on this. Some info on me: I love vodka martinis and enjoy trying different ones, love frozen cocktails; I don't drink beer and wine but do drink soda. I read someone said they will get bottled water and put in their cabin refrigerators for excursions and being out in port. Just need some feedback. I want to make an informed decision. Thanks!

Are you sure that is the most recent set of prices? I am sailing on Freedom May 31st and when I go to select a drink package it tells me $58 for Premium and $65 for Ultimate. Maybe it is ship specific?

I think it might be ship specific. On our recent Rhapsody cruise they were $57 and $67 including gratuities, purchased onboard. Unfortunately I can't give you a decent comparison to the online prices as these came up in AU dollars for me, and the Ultimate package actually increased from AU$84 to AU$99 two weeks before the cruise departed. :eek: I think the price we paid onboard will come to around AU $85 after currency conversion.

If you add the 18% to $49, you get $58.

Ah, should have done a little more ground work. I was just assuming that was the price then the 18% was on top of that. Thanks for the clarification.

I think you are thinking of the "Ultimate Package" which includes everything from both the Premium and the Royal Replenishment. The Premium Package is $44 + 18%= $57 per day. This pricing is fleet wide, not ship specific.

Premium Package is $49/day/person plus 18% gratuity,

Ultimate Package is $55/day/person plus 18% gratuity.

Also, there's a myth that the types of alcohol are different between the two packages. This is not the case. There is not a 'Top Shelf' type of drink offered by the Ultimate pkg vs the Premium pkg. The difference between the two pkgs are the unlimited amount of Specialty Coffee drinks.

Wife and I did the PDP on a two week trip around Spain and transatlantic. It worked out to the good for us each day day except one when we had an extended tour ashore. Between the fresh OJ, fancy coffee, and wine we were in good shape just adding on pre-dinner drinks, drink at the show and maybe some while dancing. You will spend more on drinks than you anticipate. Package just makes it a single planned cost rather than an Oh My God at the end.

Wife and I did the PDP on a two week trip around Spain and transatlantic. It worked out to the good for us each day day except one when we had an extended tour ashore. Between the fresh OJ, fancy coffee, and wine we were in good shape just adding on pre-dinner drinks, drink at the show and maybe some while dancing. You will spend more on drinks than you anticipate. Package just makes it a single planned cost rather than an Oh My God at the end.

Amen brother! The Millennium cruise on Monarch almost broke our bank!