Tendering?

SOMBRERO6

Of these ports, which one do you use a tender from ship to pier?

Grand Cayman

Ocho Rios

Cozumel

Grand Turk

Amber Cove, DR

Half Moon Cay

Concerned because our ship only has two ports to visit and would hate to miss one due to rough waters.

Of these ports, which one do you use a tender from ship to pier?

Grand Cayman

Ocho Rios

Cozumel

Grand Turk

Amber Cove, DR

Half Moon Cay

Concerned because our ship only has two ports to visit and would hate to miss one due to rough waters.

Oh I love quizzes!

Grand Cayman and Half Moon Cay

Edited by Georgie562

I read somewhere that even if a port isn't a tender port, if there happen to be too many ships docked that day, your ship might have to tender everyone to shore anyway if there is no room for them to dock. So you never know.

Edited by bakersdozen12

Grand Cayman is a port often missed more than the average tender port. For some reason the waters in that area are often too rough for the tenders and for loading and off-loading of passengers. Out of 5 visits to Grand Cayman, we have missed it twice and I have heard others quote similar statistics. Hope you get to see it...enjoy your cruise!:)

Grand Cayman is a port often missed more than the average tender port. For some reason the waters in that area are often too rough for the tenders and for loading and off-loading of passengers. Out of 5 visits to Grand Cayman, we have missed it twice and I have heard others quote similar statistics. Hope you get to see it...enjoy your cruise!:)

I'm curious if the time of season matters? What time of year did you miss GC? Thanks.

So, now I have to take that into consideration! Would like to be sure it will be warm, wherever we go. Last year my BIL went to Grand Cayman in January and wore sweatshirts! I am taking a look at Grand Turk, Amber Cove and Half Moon Cay. It gets cold here in Ohio!

I'm curious if the time of season matters? What time of year did you miss GC? Thanks.

I have had the same experience with GC. Missed it in Feb due to winds and waves, but it was wonderful in April.

Been to Grand Cayman 4 times able to tender in, missed it one time. One cruise was in November, the others in late Jan or early Feb. Weather there is gorgeous that time of year, in the 80's and sunny each and every time!!