Doctors on Board ?

Blazley

Hi Folk ! I've an important Question. How is it with the Doctors at Board from Carnival ( Breeze ) with serious equipment ? My GF had an serious sickness ( Kawasaki Disease, really rarely !) ! An she was just before dieing, she was at the Coma .. It was not on Carnival Cruise Lines but with another Company. And there was no Doctors, she lost 20 Kilos.. And now she is so afraid so go on another Cruise again.. And she have Heart problems because of that

That is my question if there is any Doctor on Ship, because the company wouldn't let her go because they told her parents she will die.. And there was no Helicopter or something else.. The biggest Problem was that the company has a bad name after that incident !

It's my 4th CC Cruise already and i love it ! But i had never the problem of Sickness before.

Thank you

Edited by Blazley

Not sure if the Breeze has the same doctor as when we were on there a couple of years ago but dh had issues and the doctor and staff were great. He was as good if not better than any doctor on shore. Knew what he was doing.

If you have specific questions, contact the Special Needs Department at Carnival and talk to them.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/cruise_control/EMB_guest_specials_requirements.aspx

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Hi Folk ! I've an important Question. How is it with the Doctors at Board from Carnival ( Breeze ) with serious equipment ? My GF had an serious sickness ( Kawasaki Disease, really rarely !) ! An she was just before dieing, she was at the Coma .. It was not on Carnival Cruise Lines but with another Company. And there was no Doctors, she lost 20 Kilos.. And now she is so afraid so go on another Cruise again.. And she have Heart problems because of that

That is my question if there is any Doctor on Ship, because the company wouldn't let her go because they told her parents she will die.. And there was no Helicopter or something else.. The biggest Problem was that the company has a bad name after that incident !

It's my 4th CC Cruise already and i love it ! But i had never the problem of Sickness before.

Thank you

I think you need to accept the fact you should not go on a cruise and find a safe alternative.

I think you need to accept the fact you should not go on a cruise and find a safe alternative.
I agree with this. If the illness is that serious, it is probably best to avoid a closed environment with limited equipment and long travel times to appropriate medical facilities. If she is currently only having residual effects from the illness, and dormant heart issues, it is probably safe to travel, BUT as I said before, there is limited equipment on board. The doctors are capable, but are limited by their resources. Edited by ASchaff

Thank you fyree39 ! By the way it was her 3th Cruise, and after the injury, she is afraid to go again on a Ship because no one could help her. It's a very orphan disease. But she had it only once. Well we have to think about it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnival has a department that deals with customers that have special needs. I am sure that there is a telephone number on the website some place. It would probably be best for you to call them and explain your situation and concerns. They can tell you exactly what their medical facilities are, who their doctors are, and what equipment they have on board. It amazes me that someone on this thread said they did not know what kind of medical facilities were on board the ship they were going to be on. Seems like they have not done the due diligence they should have done before even stepping on a cruise ship.

I would also suggest that you make sure you get the cruise insurance. That is where your protection comes if they have to evacuate your friend by helicopter for more specialized treatments; an expensive proposition that you will want insurance to cover.

Carnival has a department that deals with customers that have special needs. I am sure that there is a telephone number on the website some place. It would probably be best for you to call them and explain your situation and concerns. They can tell you exactly what their medical facilities are, who their doctors are, and what equipment they have on board. It amazes me that someone on this thread said they did not know what kind of medical facilities were on board the ship they were going to be on. Seems like they have not done the due diligence they should have done before even stepping on a cruise ship.

I would also suggest that you make sure you get the cruise insurance. That is where your protection comes if they have to evacuate your friend by helicopter for more specialized treatments; an expensive proposition that you will want insurance to cover.

You may not be able to get cruise insurance to cover her. It's a preexisting condition and most companys won't cover you. Be sure to read all the fine print and don't lie on any forms.

You may not be able to get cruise insurance to cover her. It's a preexisting condition and most companys won't cover you. Be sure to read all the fine print and don't lie on any forms.

Most insurance companies do cover pre existing conditions if you purchase within 10 days

Ship's doctors are for common things...like tummy aches, cuts, sprains, bruises, cold/cough....they are NOT equipped for heart problems, cancer treatments, surgery or things like that!

If you have serious medical issues, a cruise is probably not the best thing you could do.

Ship's doctors are for common things...like tummy aches, cuts, sprains, bruises, cold/cough....they are NOT equipped for heart problems, cancer treatments, surgery or things like that!

If you have serious medical issues, a cruise is probably not the best thing you could do.

They also have emergency medical training. One nurse on Princess is a former Chicago EMT/firefighter.

OP--- she needs to talk with her doctor whether a cruise would be dangerous for her. There are many that do not travel to far out of the U.S. New England Fall, Alaskan and California Coastal cruises.

If you have any problems they can't handle, you will be put off the ship at whatever port is near or chopper. So you better think of that. Any port in a storm. Need more info, what condition is she in now.

Edited by PA Dutchman

Thank you fyree39 ! By the way it was her 3th Cruise, and after the injury, she is afraid to go again on a Ship because no one could help her. It's a very orphan disease. But she had it only once. Well we have to think about it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After what injury? I just looked up Kawasaki disease, and found it was a childhood disease which could leave heart problems.

I'm confused at you claiming she was in a coma on board a ship with no medical help.