Oasis - Cannot Miss Foods

I have heard that the roast beef sandwich @ Park Cafe is must try..

Is there anything else that I shouldn't miss eating wise?

Oh the Kummelweck sandwich is the name of them. Wow they were some good I am going to miss them on my next cruise.

The lasagna in the MDR was very good as well as the spinach dip nachos were good for an app

That sandwich can be real hit or miss. Many times it is full of fat and grizzle. If you get one like that just go back and ask for another.

It would appear that those cheesecake lollipops have gone fleet wide. They are much better than the so called cheese cake served as a desert option in the MDR.

On the Voyager Class ships we have found the "pop" at the Cafe Promenade and on Vision and Radiance Class ships at the coffee place (name escapes me).

Edited by looking4info

Thank you! I thought I was the only person in the world who felt this way. My first experience with it was so bad I never gave it a second try..:p:D

Yes I had one last time that was full of fat I just asked for another and they gave me one no problem.

I would say the roast beef sandwich is not a must try.

The Pretzel Dog from the wipeout café is a whole other story.

I have to say the beef on weck at Park Cafe was way disappointing. I was done after 2 bites. The roll wasn't close to right and the roast beef was way too thick. I've had beef on weck many times having grown up in Buffalo so maybe if I'd never tasted a real one I would like it.

It's very popular so I would say try it for sure. I really liked the egg salad and salads from Park Cafe.

That sandwich can be real hit or miss. Many times it is full of fat and grizzle. If you get one like that just go back and ask for another.

If you think about it, all slabs of beef have fat and gristle. The trick is making sure the person carving the beef doesn't give you slices that have a lot (unless you like it that way). So when getting a Kimmelweck, make sure you watch the person slicing and make sure to get slices that suit your tastes.

Personally, I think the Rosemary Lamb Shank is one of the best meals Ive ever eaten. Period. Definitely a cannot miss for my upcoming cruise. I wouldnt trade a free night in specialty dining for that night in the MDR.

Is the rosemary lamb shank usually served on formal nights? DH will want to try it for sure. Thanks.

Varies by ship. I believe it's in the Pomodoro menu, so if you can find a review of your specific itinerary, they might mention which night Pomodoro is served.

Varies by ship. I believe it's in the Pomodoro menu, so if you can find a review of your specific itinerary, they might mention which night Pomodoro is served.

Thank you very much. You are always so helpful. :)

They are much better than the so called cheese cake served as a desert option in the MDR.

I hate to hear that about the cheesecake. I've had some excellent cheesecake on my other cruises. I was looking forward to trying some on Oasis.