Come Sail a Way with us LIVE as the Westerdam meets the Sail a Way Gang

kazu

On darn I forgot to ask, did anybody notice if the 'Keno' machines and tv's up at the Lido bar area were still there?

I am sitting in the Lido right now. No TVs or keno machines to be seen but I will make a complete loop after sail-away to make sure.

On darn I forgot to ask, did anybody notice if the 'Keno' machines and tv's up at the Lido bar area were still there?

The sea view bar? Aft.? Or another one?

Oops sorry I didn't see Scrapnana's reply.

On a bright note, another member of the sail a way gang has signed on to next year's cruise. A number of sail a way fans on, including some who couldn't do this one

Edited by kazu

The cruise terminal was crazy for those of us trying to get back on. Three cruise ships and no special line for those "in transit". From the time I got my number to go downstairs through immigration until it was actually called took 45 minutes. Downstairs, there was a line for those checking in which we did get to by pass but then there was a long snaky line to go through immigration. All in all it took me an hour and fifteen minutes from getting my number to being back on the ship. Next time I will know to stay off the ship until much later.

The Captain did his usual "silence" announcement during the muster drill (probably the one thing I won't miss) and the lady next to me turned to her friend and asked, "How does he know people are talking?" I laughed to myself.

At sail-away the horn seemed to have gotten "stuck" again. Two very, very long toots as we approached the bridge.

I didn't get to see anybody from the roll call last night or this morning but I very much enjoyed meeting you all and sharing a wonderful cruise.

The cruise terminal was crazy for those of us trying to get back on. Three cruise ships and no special line for those "in transit". From the time I got my number to go downstairs through immigration until it was actually called took 45 minutes. Downstairs, there was a line for those checking in which we did get to by pass but then there was a long snaky line to go through immigration. All in all it took me an hour and fifteen minutes from getting my number to being back on the ship. Next time I will know to stay off the ship until much later.

The Captain did his usual "silence" announcement during the muster drill (probably the one thing I won't miss) and the lady next to me turned to her friend and asked, "How does he know people are talking?" I laughed to myself.

At sail-away the horn seemed to have gotten "stuck" again. Two very, very long toots as we approached the bridge.

I didn't get to see anybody from the roll call last night or this morning but I very much enjoyed meeting you all and sharing a wonderful cruise.

Sorry to hear about the in transit mess Kathi. I saw in transit signs on the way out..wonder what happened?

We missed everyone this morning too but we had a great time and we really enjoyed getting to know you.

Hope to see you next year on the"beautiful, elegant Westerdam"

Safe travels to you tomorrow

Just a quickie to saw we just arrived home. Safe and sound, if a bit sad to be off the ship. It really was flawless debarkation.

As we entered our home DS called out it is 7:00 on the Westerdam...time for Club Hal!!

My Customer Satisfaction Survey is already in my inbox.

Kazu and Scrapnana...you didn't see us but we saw you! We were sitting in window seats in the Pinnacle bar! So sorry to learn it was such an ordeal to get back on the ship Kathi.

I am sitting in the Lido right now. No TVs or keno machines to be seen but I will make a complete loop after sail-away to make sure.

Thanks Scrapnana, they had been put in when we were on her last fall. Captain Van Eerten said they would not stay if he had anything to say about it, so I guess he got his way...Woohoo good for him!

Vancouver had always had a problem with 'In Transit' passenger. We've went thru it many times and it's a pain in the behind.

Just a quickie to saw we just arrived home. Safe and sound, if a bit sad to be off the ship. It really was flawless debarkation.

As we entered our home DS called out it is 7:00 on the Westerdam...time for Club Hal!!

Kazu and Scrapnana...you didn't see us but we saw you! We were sitting in window seats in the Pinnacle bar! So sorry to learn it was such an ordeal to get back on the ship Kathi.

Darn, wish you would have called out. Wanted to give all three of the four of you a hug

Glad to hear you are home safely.

We are enjoying the flowers, beauty and friendly west coast people here in Vancouver.

Edited by kazu

Vancouver had always had a problem with 'In Transit' passenger. We've went thru it many times and it's a pain in the behind.

This was the first real day of the Alaska season, and Vancouver always makes a hash of that day, especially the HAL reps. They really need to get rid of some of those same old faces that give conflicting instructions. It was really bad for those of us disembarking and trying to get to the elevator for the parkade.

Scrapnana saved me & DH as well as another lady this afternoon at the cruise terminal from an even longer wait at the terminal because we were directed to an incorrect line! Thank you again for your help! DH was hungry and he gets cranky when he's hungry!

Also a lady we have been eating dinner with just wanted to get clear d & come right back on the ship. First they didn't know what to do with those people. They had to wait till all 3000 people from the 3 ships had cleared customs, then they still had to go through the same lines we did before being allowed to get back on the ship.

Scrapnana saved me & DH as well as another lady this afternoon at the cruise terminal from an even longer wait at the terminal because we were directed to an incorrect line! Thank you again for your help! DH was hungry and he gets cranky when he's hungry!

Also a lady we have been eating dinner with just wanted to get clear d & come right back on the ship. First they didn't know what to do with those people. They had to wait till all 3000 people from the 3 ships had cleared customs, then they still had to go through the same lines we did before being allowed to get back on the ship.

I don't understand why they can't get a better system for 'in transit' guest. Like I said earlier, it is a pain the the behind. It doesn't seem to get any better as you get further in the season.

Glad you got home safely. It's hard to get back to reality.

Big hugs to you all.

We got our Customer Surveys today too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nothing like Vict0riann of course as we had snow last week, but woke this morning to a bit of colour and a whole lot of gardening to do. [emoji221]

8a95c7a697b059a9a6b23cd85c752e23.jpg

DD and DS were good as gold yesterday during traveling. Very helpful.

c630742f2d7519b9198cb40b3cf02397.jpg

226f69d0122a830a016d58e835e9486d.jpg

3 ships in port yesterday, Celebrity, Princess and us.

6c4e5a6b7ce5d38e5f0273c847bda1b7.jpg

I only saw you Kazu when you were on the gangway and we were still in the ship. Enjoy Vancouver.

Beautiful sail in to Vancouver yesterday morning:

89299789507d64bf8449907d6dcec129.jpg

8aabbb90cdb1060fd83f99c20e491aab.jpg

But I feel so bad for the Seaview pool staff. They were absolutely freezing yesterday! It will be 22 today which is low 70 so all I can say is "bring it on" [emoji1]

Safe travels to those leaving the "beautiful elegant Westerdam" this morning.

Nothing like Vict0riann of course as we had snow last week, but woke this morning to a bit of colour and a whole lot of gardening to do. [emoji221]

8a95c7a697b059a9a6b23cd85c752e23.jpg

DD and DS were good as gold yesterday during traveling. Very helpful.

c630742f2d7519b9198cb40b3cf02397.jpg

226f69d0122a830a016d58e835e9486d.jpg

3 ships in port yesterday, Celebrity, Princess and us.

6c4e5a6b7ce5d38e5f0273c847bda1b7.jpg

I only saw you Kazu when you were on the gangway and we were still in the ship. Enjoy Vancouver.

Lovely pics as always :)

I'm not surprised your DD and DS were well behaved in the trip. They were well behaved on the entire cruise and tours. It was a pleasure travelling with the 4of4

Nice pics, 1of401! Who are you, anyway?:D LOL (Did you get the message I left on your phone? I think I remembered your room number correctly - or someone else got it!)

We haven't got surveys yet. Do you suppose it might be because I immediately called HAL and booked our tour to Alaska on a flash sale yesterday? It was really weird. The price in Canadian dollars was lower than US - but they wouldn't let me use my FCD because we hadn't been on the ball, and we had bought US dollar FCD's - but it was still less using Canadian, and they did give us the ZPM promo. So we will be joining my DSIL and her hubby on the Volendam on June 10. Just have to try and organize parking in Vancouver now!

Nice pics, 1of401! Who are you, anyway?:D LOL (Did you get the message I left on your phone? I think I remembered your room number correctly - or someone else got it!)

We haven't got surveys yet. Do you suppose it might be because I immediately called HAL and booked our tour to Alaska on a flash sale yesterday? It was really weird. The price in Canadian dollars was lower than US - but they wouldn't let me use my FCD because we hadn't been on the ball, and we had bought US dollar FCD's - but it was still less using Canadian, and they did give us the ZPM promo. So we will be joining my DSIL and her hubby on the Volendam on June 10. Just have to try and organize parking in Vancouver now!

LOL...DD hasn't fixed that yet!

Yes we received your message and thank you very much. Sorry we missed you before you left. We all very much enjoyed meeting you both and DS will be excited as June 10 is his birthday!! Great that you found and book such a great promotion.

I have just opened all our windows for the first time in 9 months!!! :cool:

This being back to reality is the pits!:( I had to make my own bed and do my own breakfast. While the garden looks lovely with so much in bloom, looking closer there is weeding and cutting back to do, and I need to get my tubs and baskets sorted. I can't seem to focus on any one thing, however.

I just transferred all the photos from cameras to computer, and it was lovely to relive those memories with such a great bunch of people. 1of4 - I think your children must be missing all their grandparents today.:D DS sure gives good hugs.

I decided that I would look to see if the new CC plaque had been hung before we left the ship, but couldn't find it on any of the three walls of plaques on the disembarkation deck (1?). This is all I found:

P1000946_zps3xemitdb.jpg

I decided that I would look to see if the new CC plaque had been hung before we left the ship, but couldn't find it on any of the three walls of plaques on the disembarkation deck (1?). This is all I found:

P1000946_zps3xemitdb.jpg

They have 3 more for 2013 - 14 and now 15, have no idea where they have put them?

They have 3 more for 2013 - 14 and now 15, have no idea where they have put them?

We'll have to do a more thorough search next year. Perhaps the HM (I think that was who the Captain handed it to?) has them in his office.