Come Sail a Way with us LIVE as the Westerdam meets the Sail a Way Gang

kazu

Interesting. I think it was in Puerto Chiapas that the HAL tour bus got stuck for hours in a demonstration, wasn't it? Or was it PV?

It was Puerto Chiapas and I think it was a demo about the roads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It seems that my vacation is ending the way it started. My flight is delayed and I will likely miss my connecting flight, the last of the evening. It sure is good that everything in between was so amazing!

It seems that my vacation is ending the way it started. My flight is delayed and I will likely miss my connecting flight, the last of the evening. It sure is good that everything in between was so amazing!

Sorry to hear that. Enjoyed reading your blog.

Edited by qsuzi

So sorry to hear that. Maybe they can get you on another airline for the last segment.

OH NO!!!!

sorry to hear this. I hope the airlines do something good for you Kathi.

Crossing my fingers for you.

Before I forget, I know some were concerned about the lack of a side board in the Neptune Lounge.

Just to let you know, that the sideboard is in full operation in the Neptune Lounge :)

Could you tell me who the concierge'a were in the Neptune Lounge? Glad to hear about the side board.

Oh no!! :eek: :eek:

Oh no! You and flights are jinxed.:eek: Hopefully it won't be too long before you get home, and that your luggage gets there with you.

So sorry to hear this. Hoping something can be worked out for you and that you get home safe and sound.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds like the airlines have it in for you. How lucky can you get, having terrible flights on both ends of your cruise. Not fair at all.

Well, I did not make my connecting flight and am in a hotel about 85 miles from home. With no luggage, I will be wearing the same clothes and will be a sight to scare small children since I don't even have a hairbrush!:eek:

Well, I did not make my connecting flight and am in a hotel about 85 miles from home. With no luggage, I will be wearing the same clothes and will be a sight to scare small children since I don't even have a hairbrush!:eek:

I'm sure that's not true, you won't scare anyone. To bad you can't rent a car and drive home.

We were on board for 20 days (19 1/2 since we disembarked in Victoria). Had a great cruise. No water problems. Was travelling with a Wheelchair for the first time, and with only one exception the crew was awesome in looking out for me. Random crewmembers holding doors, helping me over door jambs, helping me on and off at the gangway, and transferring between WC and chair in dining room or Lido.

I had set low expectations due to my mobility, but was able to get off the ship in every port which was amazing. Only participated in one Meet & Greet and didn't get a chance to follow this thread till I got home.

We didn't want to get off, staying onboard until after dinner in Victoria. Customs was a breeze (only 2 sets of bags left besides ours when we got off). Our ride picked us up at 8:00 and we were home in 30 minutes.

It was great sailing with you!

Cathy

What a shame. Not a nice way to end a cruise. Hopefully the hotel will help you out with some needed toiletries.

Having had the pleasure of cruising with you, I don't think you could scare anyone :)

Well, I did not make my connecting flight and am in a hotel about 85 miles from home. With no luggage, I will be wearing the same clothes and will be a sight to scare small children since I don't even have a hairbrush!

I hope you were able to get some basic toiletries (hair brush / comb, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc) from the hotel desk. Of course trying to get anything like that from the airlines is pretty much useless; we've been there. I hope your next 85 miles are uneventful!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Scrapnana, I hope you (and everyone else, unless on an Alaska cruise!) are home now, safe and sound.

I always say that the best part of a trip is the planning, second best is getting home safely, and only third, the trip itself. I think this one I would change that a bit. First the planning - that was great fun; then the cruise, and last, the getting home. I definitely could have stayed on longer - with our new friends, of course! It's been great.:)

Scrapnana, I hope you (and everyone else, unless on an Alaska cruise!) are home now, safe and sound.

I always say that the best part of a trip is the planning, second best is getting home safely, and only third, the trip itself. I think this one I would change that a bit. First the planning - that was great fun; then the cruise, and last, the getting home. I definitely could have stayed on longer - with our new friends, of course! It's been great.:)

totally agree. I didn't find myself wanting to get off - especially now that I am trying to get the unpacking and laundry done. LOL

hopefully Kathi is home safely by now.

So sorry to hear this.

What air line were you using?

It certainly was. Our group of new friends (and old) is forever, I think. It really was great, and hard to explain here just how we all connected.:) But this getting back to reality really is the pits.:(

It certainly was. Our group of new friends (and old) is forever, I think. It really was great, and hard to explain here just how we all connected.:) But this getting back to reality really is the pits.:(

Very true on all accounts....the 4:00 AM alarm is quite a shock! I don't like this reality one bit!

I enlarged the photos, but I don't recognise any of those people, sorry. Were they at either of our M&Gs?

No, we got on in San Diego and spent most of our time with each other. One day I will get to a meet and greet. I'm always with a group and we seem to be enough for each other. We do share tables and such but with 4 to 6 in your group you don't need to really add to your group.:)

I am home finally. The flight from Dulles to Richmond was a grand total of 22 minutes. (KK - I was on United.)

I am putting off reality until tomorrow when I will open the suitcases and start the clothes washing (I could stuff a number of those little blue bags:D).

It was a real pleasure to meet so many of my "sail-away gang" friends in person and hope we will meet again.

I am home finally. The flight from Dulles to Richmond was a grand total of 22 minutes. (KK - I was on United.)

I am putting off reality until tomorrow when I will open the suitcases and start the clothes washing (I could stuff a number of those little blue bags:D).

It was a real pleasure to meet so many of my "sail-away gang" friends in person and hope we will meet again.

glad to hear you are home safely at long last.

Put off reality as long as you can :)