Come Sail a Way with us LIVE as the Westerdam meets the Sail a Way Gang

kazu

This being back to reality is the pits!:( I had to make my own bed and do my own breakfast. While the garden looks lovely with so much in bloom, looking closer there is weeding and cutting back to do, and I need to get my tubs and baskets sorted. I can't seem to focus on any one thing, however.

I just transferred all the photos from cameras to computer, and it was lovely to relive those memories with such a great bunch of people. 1of4 - I think your children must be missing all their grandparents today.:D DS sure gives good hugs.

You will never know how much he misses you all. This was a very special trip for him as he revels in being surrounded by people who are kind. His only remaining grandparent, DH's mother, has not seen him since he was 1 week past his 6th birthday and he turns 11 on June 10. He misses each and everyone one of you. I thank you for being so open and accepting of him and his love of hugs!

I couldn't agree more about reality...I sent DH home with all clean clothes on Monday. Realized just now that he piled all the clothes in his two suitcases in the laundry room :eek: and now I have to wash them all over. :mad: Only difference is there will be no room number heat sealed to the bottom side seam.....

Lovely photos. Thanks for sharing.

1of4...... Your children are beautiful. Such sweet faces. :)

Thank you Sail. I have not downloaded the photos from the camera yet. When I do I will do a photo review of the trip.

They have 3 more for 2013 - 14 and now 15, have no idea where they have put them?

Captain said for it to be put next to the others, but the one

that was posted in 2012 is the only one I saw as well. Maybe I am blind? Or looked in the wrong places?

Edited by kazu

Ok, this is TOO funny. In Stanley Park today sightseeing and remembered I had to pick up a postcard for my friend's grand daughter

Look at the post card I found!

Yup, that's a HAL ship...ton an official Vancouver post card. :)

7651ae378b245d5f4fc0cc138dce552d.jpg

The totems in Stanley Park are incredible too!

309a5b6afb36339199f1c4d004c68ea2.jpg

There's always cruise ships around.

c8d091ee8ea047f4efb3d001d8fb0be6.jpg

The sun did come out and it is a beautiful day

The courses were not served as they were listed on the menu. We were given the Frappe of lobster with the champagne we brought with us from the Pinnacle Bar. I thought it (the lobster) was an amuse bouche. Anyway, I'm putting the photos in the order of the menu, as printed!

Goose Liver, mache, avocado, etc.:

P1000486_zpsfjtzu8x0.jpg

Nice pics, 1of401! Who are you, anyway?:D LOL (Did you get the message I left on your phone? I think I remembered your room number correctly - or someone else got it!)

We haven't got surveys yet. Do you suppose it might be because I immediately called HAL and booked our tour to Alaska on a flash sale yesterday? It was really weird. The price in Canadian dollars was lower than US - but they wouldn't let me use my FCD because we hadn't been on the ball, and we had bought US dollar FCD's - but it was still less using Canadian, and they did give us the ZPM promo. So we will be joining my DSIL and her hubby on the Volendam on June 10. Just have to try and organize parking in Vancouver now!

Ann, on several occasions our TA has been able to get the currency changed on our FCDs so we could book in the currency of our choice. Most recently, when we booked for Hawaii next year, we had US deposits converted to Canadian ones. The US ones were just credited back from Seattle and then the Canadian ones were charged out from Vancouver as shown on the credit card statement.

Next was this tiny demitasse of richness! Imagine, cream, butter, and eggs probably, with lobster and porcini mushrooms in a concentrated mousse. It was luscious, but I couldn't finish it, it was just so rich!

P1000488_zpssos1x5ey.jpg

Ann, on several occasions our TA has been able to get the currency changed on our FCDs so we could book in the currency of our choice. Most recently, when we booked for Hawaii next year, we had US deposits converted to Canadian ones. The US ones were just credited back from Seattle and then the Canadian ones were charged out from Vancouver as shown on the credit card statement.

I wish I had known. I did ask the HAL rep if I could but she said no. We are going to take the FCD's we have and ask the FCC on the Volendam to change them to Canadian. I guess we'll get to use then in the future.

Those who got off in Seattle, how early was the ship cleared?

Those doing self-embarkation were called around 7:20 (I was still in bed but I got up to hear what the announcement was ). Seems like people were in a hurry to get off this morning. I had chosen the latest time slot since I was staying in Seattle and knew my room would likely not be ready. The letter I received with the luggage tags said it would be 9 am but we were actually called at 8:30. Disembarkation was a breeze. Nobody in front of me at the gangway and only two people (and they were friends) ahead of me at customs. Walked outside the terminal, plenty of cabs and checked in at my hotel by 9:00. They even were able to find me a room right away. The only bad thing is I am not on the ship anymore!:(

I miss everyone!

By this time, I think we were all struggling! (Seven of us from the roll call, Kazu, Mumsysailor, Scrapnana and us) - Actually the dessert was served next, but the menu says the cheeses, so here they are, and they were tasty, and nice with the honey:

P1000520_zpsofj1jzyd.jpg

Those doing self-embarkation were called around 7:20 (I was still in bed but I got up to hear what the announcement was ). Seems like people were in a hurry to get off this morning. I had chosen the latest time slot since I was staying in Seattle and knew my room would likely not be ready. The letter I received with the luggage tags said it would be 9 am but we were actually called at 8:30. Disembarkation was a breeze. Nobody in front of me at the gangway and only two people (and they were friends) ahead of me at customs. Walked outside the terminal, plenty of cabs and checked in at my hotel by 9:00. They even were able to find me a room right away. The only bad thing is I am not on the ship anymore!:(

I miss everyone!

Thanks for the info! We will debarking in two weeks with a 11:30 flight so seems we will have plenty of time.