Ship Poll

LuckyAshley

Which ship would you want to cruise on?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Which ship would you want to cruise on?

• Breakaway
    • Getaway
    • Epic
    • Escape

I don't think I would cruise on any of the four; they are way too big for me. Give me the Pearl or Jewel or any of the other smaller ships.

Agreed right here. The Sun is my favorite. These megaships are just too big. I need to feel like I'm cruising, not at some amusement park.

The Dawn is not much like the Sun. We were somwhat disappointed with it when we cruised on it. It had been right after the dry dock when the did away with the Spinnaker observation lounge and turned it into suites. They moved the Spinnaker to deck 8, but it is no longer an observation lounge. The other thing we did not like as compared to the Sun was there was no Great Outdoors aft.

However, it was also one of our best cruises in terms of fun activities and crew. We were on her for an 11-day cruise. As I remember there was a nice atrium where they often had various shows. If it is still the same, they also had the very best show band I have heard on a cruise ship. They played for the various production shows but also had a few of their own shows in the atrium. They were really great.

I used to say any cruise is what you make of it, and generally, I think that is true...that was until we cruised on the Epic. :( That said, I am sure you will have a lovely cruise on the Dawn, especially if you like show band music. :)

It is small enough that you get to know people (crew and other PAX). We met the maitre'D from the more casual MDR at lunch during the second day of our cruise. We had had some bad service the night before. He was so apologetic and asked us to please return. He gave us a bottle of wine and had reserved the table by the window for us...that night and every night after (although no wine). We had a great time!!!!

Thanks so much for the information, I have heard good things about the crew on the Dawn! Looking forward to it for sure! And New Orleans!

I can't vote for the big ships either. Been on Getaway, loved it, but I'm a smaller ship lover too. I've got my hopes up to sail on Spirit because of it's size, uniqueness, and she's coming to 45 minutes from where I live. I have to travel solo so keeping my eyes out for a good solo deal.

Drvalo

The Sun was our first cruise, we loved it!!

We will be on the Dawn next, I'm wondering if it has the awesome Atrium that looks all the way up like the Sun?? Haven't found another ship like the Sun.

Do you know?? :confused:

:) Janice

Yes it does, but a little different than the Sun

Another vote for small ships from me :) I would go back on The Sun in a heartbeat. However, I would also like to go to Bermuda someday, and for that I may just give The Breakaway a try. Unless they bring another smaller ship to NYC after The Gem leaves. Then that will be my boat.