What side of the ship in Cabo

rhcustoms

Looking to book a balcony cabin on the 2 day in Cabo cruise this November, both times I've been their the ships have anchored with the port side facing land is that the norm or does it depend on wind direction or other factors?

Thanks

Robert

Looking to book a balcony cabin on the 2 day in Cabo cruise this November, both times I've been their the ships have anchored with the port side facing land is that the norm or does it depend on wind direction or other factors?

Thanks

Robert

When anchored by the bow the ship will face into the wind or current, which ever is stronger. I have no idea which direction the prevailing wind blows in Cabo since I have never been there yet.

Generally, if the bow is facing land at Cabo, you have land visible on 3 sides- forward, port and starboard.

As noted, the bow is generally into the wind, or turned slightly to protect the tendering location- to keep it out of the wind/seas. So, as that is not predictable, and, most importantly, can change during a 6 or 8 hour stop there, I wouldn't be booking a cabin just to be able to see land while tendering during a stop there.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Ship seems to move when anchored. Sometimes you are looking at The Arch

and sometimes towards Medano Beach and the hotels. Doesn't matter which side you are on the ship, we have been on both.However approaching during whale season, the port side will have more whales (still at a distance).

Been to Cabo many times and with a balcony. The ship swings around facing the beach or facing the rocks depending on wind direction. You can't really predict which way you''ll be facing. We always book port side. Also, a couple of times coming out of Cabo we weren't allowed topside as the winds were strong.

Ship seems to move when anchored. Sometimes you are looking at The Arch

and sometimes towards Medano Beach and the hotels. Doesn't matter which side you are on the ship, we have been on both.However approaching during whale season, the port side will have more whales (still at a distance).

There will be more whales on the port side? Never knew the whales were so organized!

There will be more whales on the port side? Never knew the whales were so organized!
Since you are at anchor, the ship rotates based upon wind and other conditions. During an overnight in Cabo we had the balcony dinner. Over the 2-3 hours for the dinner the ship rotated almost 180 degrees and our balcony view shifted from the ocean to El Arco to the night time lights of downtown Cabo. Your ship will be anchored between Cabo and the whales but who knows what side of the ship will be facing in that direction. Edited by IECalCruiser

Thanks so much for the quick replies, both time I've been there its been a real quick stop overs 5 to 6 hours, this trip would be 2 days in Cabo, they will stay anchored over night, thought it would be great to have a room with one of the best views in town. But if the ship rotates with conditions it may be better yet, like one of those revolving restaurants, no bad views.

Thanks

Robert

We have done the UBD on a cruise with an overnight in Cabo. We sat on our balcony at sunset and watched the city lights come up. The ship (Diamond, I think) would rotate or turn from time to time giving us an awesome view. And here I thought they were moving the ship just for us during our romantic dinner! HA! Book the UBD on your overnight in Cabo, you won't regret it.

Well just booked the cruise for the Nov.29 sailing, cabin B630, know we will enjoy the view. Maybe see some of you on board, or at my favorite bar in Cabo, the Happy Ending Cantina 2 shots and 2 beers $5.00, told the owner I'd put in a good word my next trip down, their really good people, and you don't have to take out a second mortgage on your home for a drink like at Cabo Wab-oh! I didn't think the bill would be that much.:cool:

Thanks

Robert

I have cruised to Cabo 8 times. I do agree the ship may move while at anchor. However, I like the port side. I find that as we are sailing into Cabo the port side has a great view of Los Arcos which I love.

I don't understand why people have to come on just to say "who cares" "it doesn't matter". If it matters to you then that is just fine.:):):)