Has the Emerald Princess disappeared?

jeanarch

We, too, are upset about the disappearance of the Crown, Ruby & Emerald from FLL for Caribbean cruises. Those are our favorite ships! But having just returned from our first cruise on the Royal (TA), we can live with it and its design flaws or differences (unuseable mid-ship stairs above Deck 7, lack of a true promenade deck, etc.). I think that the lack of a covered and wraparound promenade deck will be missed more on a Caribbean itinerary. The weather on our TA didn't allow for much "outside" time, except while in our 4 ports (when most pax were off on tours!). The seating on what's left of the promenade is totally exposed to the sun, which won't be very inviting to most pax in the Carib.

To end this on a positive note, the Horizon Court and Bistro were amazing. We thought the food choices were more numerous, with a lot of different ethnic dishes at lunch and dinner. And the decor was fresh and attractive. (Note: We did find it easy to avoid entering the Pastry Shop; it's better than having those temptations in the regular food lines!) While the theater has design flaws, the shows presented by the ship's singers and dancers were spectacular (that's the title of the final show they do :D)

Barb

I'm confused by this. Princess is showing the Emerald in the Bahamas for the 5-day cruises in Jan and March, 2016.

Emerald will be in the Caribbean thru March, 2016.

Then she'll be gone and not returning to the Caribbean. :(

We are booked on her for 19 days beginning 1/18/16 -- a 5 day and a 14 day (which is really a 7&7).

On 4/2/16 Emerald sails from Ft. Lauderdale to Southampton.

On 9/28/16 Emerald sails from Southampton to Singapore ... her new home.

LuLu

I really doubt that. Grand is almost run-down enough to go,

but not Emerald.

No...I meant I didn't know there was a Princess Australia. I thought it was one big Princess.

Why should Australia have to have the run down ships. Princess looks at bottom line. If they can make more moolah in Australia then we will get decent ships.

The fact that they returning the Golden Princess down to OZ for a second season after its stint in Asia and not re positioning it back to the West Coast indicates that the bookings are strong down here and in Asia.

None of the Princess ships are run down and quite frankly Australia and Asia have enough as it is. But you're right, Princess is sending ships to where the money is. I hope you folks down under can keep it up because it will be just as easy for Princess to sail them right back to North America if your market dries up. Of course by then there won't be a market here either since there will be no ships here. Princess may be signing its own death warrant.

Edited by bdjam

[quote On 9/28/16 Emerald sails from Southampton to Singapore ... her new home.

LuLu

Singapore is not Emerald's new home:confused:

She stops there on her way to Australia via Freemantle, Melbourne then arriving Sydney November 13th 2016 where she is cruising from until April 12th 2017, then returns to LA via Tahiti/Hawaii.

You may be confusing it with Golden, it is heading to Singapore in between cruising from Melbourne, our summer 2015- 2016 and 2016-2017.

Chez

Edited by cheznandy

So much time between now and then. I am sure things will change again. :(

I hope not :( I am booked on an Emerald cruise from Sydney!

I think the Emerald will go back and the Golden/Diamond/Sapphire will alternate between Asia and Australia as they seem to be modifying them for the Asian market.

As you say, time will tell

Chez

[quote On 9/28/16 Emerald sails from Southampton to Singapore ... her new home.

LuLu

Singapore is not Emerald's new home:confused:

She stops there on her way to Australia via Freemantle, Melbourne then arriving Sydney November 13th 2016 where she is cruising from until April 12th 2017, then returns to LA via Tahiti/Hawaii.

You may be confusing it with Golden, it is heading to Singapore in between cruising from Melbourne, our summer 2015- 2016 and 2016-2017.

Chez

I just didn't state it clearly. I meant Emerald's new home would be in the Pacific. :)

LuLu

All of our long time cruise pals are so sad our favorite ships - Emerald, Crown, Ruby - will all be gone from the Caribbean in 2017. :mad:

LuLu :(

In March 2017, Crown Princess returns to Caribbean, serving on 6/8 night runs from Ft. Lauderdale!

Seems she is doing South America between Dec. 2016 and Feb. 2017, and than coming back to Caribbean - I assume she is doing Europe in summer 2017...

Emerald also was a favorite of mine.

Plus I still have not gotten over princess eliminating southern and Bermuda cruises from New York. So convenient for us in that area. Only go to Canada now from there. The only ship going south is the repo in October.:mad:

Our favorite ships are the Crown, Ruby and the Emerald. Plus it's sister ships. I hope they always have one of them in the Caribbean in the winter. Can't wait for this coming January.

Julie .... Very much looking forward to cruising with you & Lloyd for a B2B on Emerald beginning January 23, 2016. :D

LuLu