Has the Emerald Princess disappeared?

jeanarch

I just got my copy of the 50th Anniversary Issue of the Captain's Circle Magazine. On page 2 & 3 the ships are listed in an article entitled "FROM OUR FIRST SHIP'S LAUNCH TO TODAY".

The Emerald Princess is no where to be seen. I guess I missed the sale or whatever. Please enlighten me.

Will Princess be taking all ships of this class such as Emerald, Ruby out of sailing from Fort Lauderdale in the winter months? We love this class of ship, DH and I were on the Royal last year, on the Ruby in December and the Caribbean in March this year. We will sail with the smaller ships if possible.

I, for one, will miss the Emerald. She's my favorite ship. :(

Will Princess be taking all ships of this class such as Emerald, Ruby out of sailing from Fort Lauderdale in the winter months? We love this class of ship, DH and I were on the Royal last year, on the Ruby in December and the Caribbean in March this year. We will sail with the smaller ships if possible.

The Emerald Princess is my favorite ship and I hate seeing her leave Port Everglades. DW and I are not interested in any of the larger ships in the Princess fleet. The Emerald, her sisters, and smaller cousins are what we we will sail on.

I know this is wishful thinking but I hope Princess reverses its course on new builds and goes smaller.

Princess's "Australia, New Zealand & S. Pacific Jan. 2016-May 2017" flyer, to which someone posted a link a day or two ago, shows the Emerald as departing from Sydney on 12 April 2017 for a TransPacific cruise to LA (29 days) and on to Vancouver (32 days). Cruise title is "Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific Crossing". Sorry, I have lost track of the link, but I saved the PDF.

John

Princess's "Australia, New Zealand & S. Pacific Jan. 2016-May 2017" flyer, to which someone posted a link a day or two ago, shows the Emerald as departing from Sydney on 12 April 2017 for a TransPacific cruise to LA (29 days) and on to Vancouver (32 days). Cruise title is "Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific Crossing". Sorry, I have lost track of the link, but I saved the PDF.

John

So she is returning:D

Edited by kruisey

I'm getting a little (well, really, a LOT!) tired of Princess sending my favorite size of ships to be based in other parts of the world, and leaving us in the US with the new "Big Mooses". Bad enough that they are shedding the fleet of the "Little Ladies", but they add the shunting of the Sapphire and the Emerald, and others to the mix, and it's getting to be a bit too much.

So she is returning:D

Yes I have been told by Princess Australia that there are no plans (as of now) for a Crown or Grand Class ship to be based full-time in Australia.

They will continue to do as they have been doing for a number of years in that a couple of the Crown/Grand & Gem ships will service us Aussies during our peak Cruise season over summer (November to March), in addition to the Sun Class ships which are based here year round. :cool:

So there will be a couple of opportunities per year for cruisers from both sides of the pacific to do the crossing and see a different part of the world.

John

Is there a way to send me a copy of that file?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

Is there a way to send me a copy of that file?

If you are willing to post your e-mail address here, I can e-mail the PDF to you. It is not very large -- 140 KBytes. Alternatively, it is online somewhere -- I saw a web link to it somewhere on CC about 48 hours ago. If anyone finds the link, please post it. Other posts have said that at least some of the cruises in that flyer are to go on sale (at least in Australia) on 23 April.

John

Edited by J-D

If you are willing to post your e-mail address here, I can e-mail the PDF to you. It is not very large -- 140 KBytes. Alternatively, it is online somewhere -- I saw a web link to it somewhere on CC about 48 hours ago. If anyone finds the link, please post it. Other posts have said that at least some of the cruises in that flyer are to go on sale (at least in Australia) on 23 April.

John

Send to gamekay@telus.net

The Emerald is being repositioned to Australia in September 2016. It's likely being transferred to Princess Australia.

Well so much for the Crown, Emerald & Ruby! :mad: We've been on the last or nearly last Carib cruises for the Crown and Ruby as they were about to sail around SA and go to the West Coast permanently. Wonder why they leave the Caribbean for us, since most would agree it's not as nice as its newer trio. In two weeks we'll sail on the Royal for the first time--hope we like it since it looks like she, the Caribbean and the Regal will be our only choices on the East Coast for the Carib and TAs after 2016. Sorely disappointed with Princess.

Princess's "Australia, New Zealand & S. Pacific Jan. 2016-May 2017" flyer, to which someone posted a link a day or two ago, shows the Emerald as departing from Sydney on 12 April 2017 for a TransPacific cruise to LA (29 days) and on to Vancouver (32 days). Cruise title is "Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific Crossing". Sorry, I have lost track of the link, but I saved the PDF. -- John

Following is all the information that appears in the above-mentioned flyer concerning the April-May return of the Emerald Princess to the west coast of North America:

Itinerary: Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific Crossing

Days: 29/ 32*

*Voyage is 29 days ending in Los Angeles or 32 days ending in Vancouver

Ports: Sydney, Wellington, Napier, Tauranga, Auckland, Pago Pago, Bora Bora, Tahiti (Papeete), Moorea, Honolulu, Kauai (Nawiliwili), Los Angeles, Vancouver

Date: 2017 -- Apr 12

Ship: Emerald Princess®

John

• 4 weeks later...