Has the Emerald Princess disappeared?

jeanarch

I just got my copy of the 50th Anniversary Issue of the Captain's Circle Magazine. On page 2 & 3 the ships are listed in an article entitled "FROM OUR FIRST SHIP'S LAUNCH TO TODAY".

The Emerald Princess is no where to be seen. I guess I missed the sale or whatever. Please enlighten me.

Your question"Has the Emerald Princess disappeared?"

Finally, a decent magician on a Princess ship.

We are booked on the Emerald next June (2016) for the Baltic Heritage cruise. Because she is smaller that the newer ships we will be able to sail through Sweden's archipelagos. There will be more and more historic ports that larger ships can not sail into..a loss to the traveler.

I know the Emerald is suppose to have a drydock in December..but according to her deck plans..there will be a change after April 2, 2016. Any ideas?

Hope she comes back again to stay! This will be our third sailing on her..a beautiful lady and a complete cruise ship....not like the new floating hotels.

Edited by BRANDEE

I know the Emerald is suppose to have a drydock in December..but according to her deck plans..there will be a change after April 2, 2016. Any ideas?

No physical change but probably reassignment of 2 letter cabin category designations in order to charge more money for cabin location.

No physical change but probably reassignment of 2 letter cabin category designations in order to charge more money for cabin location.

Thanks..Probably true...a very expensive cruise so far! Paid much less for Med cruise on the brand new Royal.

Edited by BRANDEE

We sailed on Emerald's inaugural TA from Venice back to FLL. It was the first ship to have an atrium and we just loved the ship. It's still my favorite, with Ruby a close second.

There were a bunch of atriums before the Emerald. :confused:

Emerald will be in Europe in 2016. In the fall it will relocate to Australia to replace the Diamond. April 2017 it relocate to Vancouver for the 2017 Alaska season. We are booked on the 32 day cruise from Sydney to Vancouver on April 2017.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

I really doubt that. Grand is almost run-down enough to go,

but not Emerald.

Why should Australia have to have the run down ships. Princess looks at bottom line. If they can make more moolah in Australia then we will get decent ships.

The fact that they returning the Golden Princess down to OZ for a second season after its stint in Asia and not re positioning it back to the West Coast indicates that the bookings are strong down here and in Asia.

Edited by icat2000

Colo Cruiser, I didn't know there were atriums with entertainment and the Internatiolna Cafe before Emerald, but in checking my ship history with Princess I see that we'd only been on the Sea, Star, Sun and Caribbean before that cruise on the Emerald.

Colo Cruiser, I didn't know there were atriums with entertainment and the Internatiolna Cafe before Emerald, but in checking my ship history with Princess I see that we'd only been on the Sea, Star, Sun and Caribbean before that cruise on the Emerald.

Oh ok. All the ships you listed had an atrium but no IC yet. Actually the first with the IC was the Crown, then the next year the Emerald then the Ruby. ;)

I just realized that the area I was talking about was the PIAZZA and it was my impression at the time that the Emerald was the first ship to offer this. I think I'd better grab a cruise on her next winter before she leaves the Caribbean for good.

I just realized that the area I was talking about was the PIAZZA and it was my impression at the time that the Emerald was the first ship to offer this. I think I'd better grab a cruise on her next winter before she leaves the Caribbean for good.

I agree! :)

I'm not saying Australia should have run down ships, simply that

that is my observations of Princesss' business model.

I think the observation is that it's a shame that Ruby, Emerald, Crown will no longer be in Fort Lauderdale and that Princess made the decision to have Royal/Regal in Florida. Ruby/Emerald/Crown seem to work well in the Caribbean itineraries because of the four separate pool areas and layout. I would never cruise on Royal/Regal in the Caribbean, but Princess marketing finds that many will. As they say, there are other ships and other lines.