Fascination being replaced with Elation

mike_ga

Completely agree it's time for Jacksonville to build the port to support the big ships much more convenient for people who don't want to add on 5 more hours of driving plus it would be a great resource for the city

5 more hours to where? Canaveral is 2 and Tampa is 3. If your coming from west, Tampa isn't even that long. You don't always have to go down to MIA.

My husband whines and carries on about driving to Miami or Fort Lauderdale so badly, you would think someone was going to whip him when he got there. So .......I have to REALLY want to go when I push him into going down there.

He is a Florida Native. Played football games against Miami High. His Jackson High School Team out of Jacksonville rode the train down there. that was a huge deal. It was a different nation then. I think it bothers him that the Miami he knew , is basically a foreign nation now. And no insult or disrespect to anyone but it is.

The Last time we were Boynton Beach, we stopped at a Walgreen's. they had a sign posted that read

ENGLISH IS SPOKEN IN OUR PHARMACY.

that is change. I never knew that Miami so it does not bother me so much, unless we get someplace where no one speaks English as we did at a convenience store when we were lost one time. STAY on the Interstate!! STAY gassed up before you enter.

Edited by AmberTeka

I've known about this move since it was announced and it still disappoints me. Jaxport is 10 min from my house, so Fascination has been our quick easy get away. I'm not a fantasy class fan, but the Fascination has grown on us. It's not likely we will cruise on Elation. I would rather drive 2 hrs to Port Canaveral and have the option of better ships...and itineraries.

Also a Jax native. Cross Dames Point every day and enjoy seeing ship when it's in. Will be on reposition cruise to say good bye.

I don't think it will matter much about which ship on the quick Bahama cruises out of Jax. We drive the quick two hours to Canaveral for longer cruises with better amenities.

Also a Jax native. Cross Dames Point every day and enjoy seeing ship when it's in. Will be on reposition cruise to say good bye.

I don't think it will matter much about which ship on the quick Bahama cruises out of Jax. We drive the quick two hours to Canaveral for longer cruises with better amenities.

The Magic is coming at the end of 2016. Long time.

the Sunshine is going to be in Charlestown and NY next summer. Big TA on web we do not mention shows only Valor there and only cruises to W.C scheduled.

Wonder if another ship will come in next summer? A big RCI ship is supposed to come next year? Oasis? Allure?

If they would put in some new ports on the Tampa cruises, when and if they get a seven day one.........We would book that in a heartbeat. PANAMA CANAL route EVER AGAIN? The old 8 day cruise which we took three times and loved it every time. Our favorite cruise.

Edited by AmberTeka

We are booked on the Fascination in September of this year. It will be our third cruise on her. I hate the fact that the Elation will be taking her place. Major downgrade.

Why doesn't Carnival bring the Miracle to Jax? Would be a nice upgrade.

Hoping one day Jaxport will have another terminal that would accept larger ships!

I've always wondered why one of the other cruise lines, (RCCI, NCL, Hal) wouldn't come to Jax.? I'm sure someone has a ship that could fit under the bridge.

Sailed on the Sunshine in May 2014 and booked again in July 2015! My favorite ship so far! Sailed the Dream, Glory, and Fascination. Finding chairs in pool area and Serenity was difficult at times on ALL ships! Loved the food options-- Alchemy Bar-- everything on the Sunshine! Cannot wait to sail again![emoji295]️[emoji474][emoji481][emoji483][emoji620] Yes!

I've always wondered why one of the other cruise lines, (RCCI, NCL, Hal) wouldn't come to Jax.? I'm sure someone has a ship that could fit under the bridge.

My husband and I started cruising in 2005. We were retired then. Daughter was grown. out of college. Married.

BEFORE that My Sister in Law and her husband cruised Celebrity and Princess out of Jacksonville. Celebrity had a ten day cruise.

Some folks who have been cruising longer than us.......Do You remember?

As everyone knows

MAGIC will be in Port Canaveral in April. March. Doing Journey cruises. then in PC for the summer of 2016, Not letting people book yet.

I am glad to have a Dream type ship back. I LOVED the Dream. We were on it 4 times and would have been more if it had stayed.

STILL irked at Carnival for moving it.

there is a review of the Elation on the Board right now. I am going to read it , word for word, right now. Fingers crossed that it is very positive.

Edited by AmberTeka

My Husband and I booked the Fascination for May 8,2016 leaving out of San Juan. Celebrating our 40 th anniversary. We've cruised once before on Carnival in 1992, Mexican Riviera. I've heard so many ppl speak negatively about the Fascination. But I'm just letting it roll off my shoulders. A cruise is what you make of it. We won't sweat the small stuff and just have a wonderful time !! Plus the itinerary is 5 ports in 7 days ! We might need a vacation after the cruise..lol. So 3 days more in San Juan before flying home !! I can't wait but know it will be here before we know it. Then I'll try to do a blow by blow review !! Happy Sailing to you all [emoji482][emoji183][emoji571][emoji568][emoji569]️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
it is a kick in the teeth to people in South Carolina. North Carolina. Kentucky. Georgia. Tennessee. Alabama. Mississippi

which keep that ship sailing FULLY BOOKED most of the year.

First they take KEY WEST away. That was a HUGELY popular cruise. We took it. Loved it.

Now this.

Jacksonville gets the most positive cruise reviews of any port Carnival operates. My Son in Law works at the Port. Logistics.

Nice hotels around the airport. Much cheaper than Miami.

I follow cruise news and prices as everyone on this board does..

MIAMI and TEXAS discount cruises. NOT Port Canaveral. Not Jacksonville..and yes every ship does sometimes....but people on Fascination....many have cruised on that ship..seven...eight times. EASY to drive too. I-95. I-10.

When Mayport is dredged, as our Mayor is doing right now..and JaxPort is expanded..I PRAY a NCL or RCI comes in.....

Completely agree with you here. I'm in saint johns county and this is a nice drive to the port. Put a crappy ship in and I'll have to make the jaunt down to Canaveral.

I'm in Mandarin in south Jacksonville, taking our fourth trip on Fascination from Jax in less than two weeks. Sounds like it may be our last out of JaxPort for quite a while. Sad, as it was so convenient.

I just got off of the Elation in NOLA on June 18th....Loved it, but than again have nothing to compare it too!

Elation is all I've been on. But you can compare ships on the carnival website. We'll be getting an upgrade with Triumph. It's bigger, has the outdoor movie theater, 4 more bars, Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana Cantina....we'll lose Mongolian Wok though. I enjoyed Elation but look forward to trying out the Triumph next year.