Seating in the Main Dining Room

It will be my wife and I and we are celebrating our honeymoon. What are the chances of us getting a table for 2? We are not totally against seating with others but worried about sitting either with people that we may not enjoy sitting with or with children. We have children but they are at home and really want to have an adult time.

It will be my wife and I and we are celebrating our honeymoon. What are the chances of us getting a table for 2? We are not totally against seating with others but worried about sitting either with people that we may not enjoy sitting with or with children. We have children but they are at home and really want to have an adult time.

Send an email a few weeks before the cruise to rcldining@rccl.com. Inlcude your names, stateroom number, and booking number.

It seems to me like there are more tables for two in the My Time Dining section than in the "regular" section.

One thing to note is that although you may get a two top, you will be so close to your neighbors that you will essentially have one or two other couples at the table with you.

We also have My time dining and would like a table for two... Do you recommend that we go straight to the dining room once we are onboard to work this out, or can we go there for dinner and just ask for a table for two?

You should be fine telling them when you show up for dinner.

With MTD, you are seated with only YOUR party....no need to pre request a special size table.

There are not enough tables to only sit your party on a table. There are different sized tables. If you are a party of two and there are not any two tops they will put you on a bigger table with other guests. They don't just give a party of two a six top by themselves. :rolleyes:

There are not enough tables to only sit your party on a table. There are different sized tables. If you are a party of two and there are not any two tops they will put you on a bigger table with other guests. They don't just give a party of two a six top by themselves. :rolleyes:

We've had no trouble waiting (no more than 5 min.) for a 2 top table in MTD on several RCI ships lately. RCI won't just "put you" at a large table if that's not what you want...you may just have to wait for it...worth it to some of us. ;)

We've had no trouble waiting (no more than 5 min.) for a 2 top table in MTD on several RCI ships lately. RCI won't just "put you" at a large table if that's not what you want...you may just have to wait for it...worth it to some of us. ;)

If you are happy to wait then yes. At peak times you may be waiting a while. My point was you don't just get a table to yourself if there isn't a two top available.

Edited by Spurschick

Send an email a few weeks before the cruise to rcldining@rccl.com. Inlcude your names, stateroom number, and booking number.

I sent the email and this is the reply I got back:

"Since you are confirmed on my time dining we are not able to confirm a table size prior to sailing. Please see hostess once onboard and she will accommodate you."

"Since you are confirmed on my time dining we are not able to confirm a table size prior to sailing. Please see hostess once onboard and she will accommodate you."

That makes sense. I didn't realize you had MTD.

I don't understand. So if I didn't have MTD they could confirm a 2 top for us??? I didn't think there was an option.

With MTD, you request your table preference on board the ship. You can go to the MTD desk after you board and make your request, or you can wait until dinner time.

Edited by clarea

It seems to me like there are more tables for two in the My Time Dining section than in the "regular" section.

One thing to note is that although you may get a two top, you will be so close to your neighbors that you will essentially have one or two other couples at the table with you.

The closeness of tables for two seems to be the norm. On our last cruise on the Oasis, tables for two were quite close to each other, especially if you are at a two person table between other two person tables.

There were a few single two person tables that were in a vertical row, with an aisle next to them on both sides.

On the Allure we requested a table for two and they put us at the row of 2 tops next to the railings so we had a view of the main floor. There were about 8 tables I think on each side and there was no one beside us. It was great! very private. Just ask not to get seated by the kitchen doors as its a very high foot traffic area. We got seated there on day one and asked to be moved further into the dining room. At no point were the 8 tables ever full at once. It seemed two top tables were not very popular on the cruise I was on. Seemed to have only been my party, and 2 more couples that were seated at the two tops near the railings.

We had traditional dining 6pm.

The closeness of tables for two seems to be the norm. On our last cruise on the Oasis, tables for two were quite close to each other, especially if you are at a two person table between other two person tables.

There were a few single two person tables that were in a vertical row, with an aisle next to them on both sides.

I find it ironic the number of posts I read protesting being seated at a larger table. When I took my first solo cruise on the Serenade in Feb., I requested to be seated at a large, 6-8, table at late seating. I was placed at a table for 4 with a couple from England. I met another solo who had MTD. The first night she was seated at a table by herself. She dined with me and the Brits for the remainder of the cruise. I think they have three fishbowls; early, late, and MTD, and whatever they draw the night before your cruise begins is what you get. I made the reservation in June -- for February. As they say, "The luck of the draw." I'm starting to take that literally when it comes to dinner seating.

Carolyn in Texas

That's new. I just made such a request (table for two in MTD) by email for a cruise two weeks ago and was accommodated. I got confirmation back from someone on the ship.