Upsell would you?

Kineticoh20

What ship are you sailing on? How many in the cabin?

If only 2 in the cabin:

While i do like a suite, i would not spend the money on the upsell. Since it is so port intensive, i would use the money for some great and expensive shore excursions.

If there are 4 people in the cabin, that may make me change my mind since you would have extra space and not have to pay the upsell fee for them.

Just got an offer on a 12 day Med. We have a Mini Aft and was offered a suite for $900pp not sure what to do. This is a very port intensive cruise so a full suite might be a waste.

Sounds like a very personal choice to me. We book nothing but suites regardless of the ports, so I would say yes, but that is just my opinion. The choice is really yours.:)

Sounds like a $900pp upsell to the suite.

Not for the total price for the suite. :eek:

That was my assumption. $900 for a suite. You'd have to be from the twilight zone to turn that down. :) An extra $900 pp I would have to look long and hard to justify. The OP stated it's a port intensive cruise. I have to wonder how much time they will spend in their cabin to justify the difference in price. Of course, in my income bracket, a suite is out of the question anyway. I work for the state... :rolleyes:

Well, just pulled the trigger on a Penthouse Suite. Second Honeymoon so why not! First time in Europe so it seemed appropriate. Will be a nice surprise for the wife!

Good work !!

Husband 101 = Nice surprises are ALWAYS good :)

Srpilo

Happy wife happy life and cruise!!

Words I live by! in the grand scheme of things I figured why not. Yes $1800 is a lot of money, however we have never had a full suite. I am just afraid we will really get used to it:eek: Does anyone know if the suites have Jacuzzi tubs?

Words I live by! in the grand scheme of things I figured why not. Yes $1800 is a lot of money, however we have never had a full suite. I am just afraid we will really get used to it:eek: Does anyone know if the suites have Jacuzzi tubs?

Yes, the suites have Jacuzzi tubs... enjoy!

Yes, Jacuzzi tubs and a separate standing square glass enclosed shower! Plus the use of the Thermal Suite in the Spa, Breakfast to order in Sabatini's, free laundry service, and what we used most of all: ordering off the regular dining room menus for room service! We did the Med. cruise 12 day (Rome to Venice) and loved coming back to the ship and having room service deliver our dinner to our balcony! You WILL get spoiled, sorry to say. Congratulations!

Good decision!!! WE started out in balconies, then mini suites, and now suites! I booked a balcony last year because the price of the suites were so high. He walked into the cabin and said " this is too small and the bathroom is a joke". I was just trying to save money. Sent the TA an email and said change that balcony on the next cruise to a suite. He has always said book whatever is cheaper...now it's book a deal on a suite!

Which ship? The full suites on the Royal and Regal don't have Jacuzzi tubs [emoji26]

btw we also got the unlimited drink package free!

Ohhhhhhhhhhh............ This is a perk I would absolutely love to have. We have a 17 day sailing in September and I don't want to think about the bar bill. I'll have to control it (remember that happy wife bit?) and not spend a fortune but the drink package for free would make it so very much better.

Congrats on the suite and the drink package. Sounds like a wonderful cruise.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh............ This is a perk I would absolutely love to have. We have a 17 day sailing in September and I don't want to think about the bar bill. I'll have to control it (remember that happy wife bit?) and not spend a fortune but the drink package for free would make it so very much better.

Congrats on the suite and the drink package. Sounds like a wonderful cruise.

We received it for our Island Med cruise.

$1300 worth.

Just got an offer on a 12 day Med. We have a Mini Aft and was offered a suite for $900pp not sure what to do. This is a very port intensive cruise so a full suite might be a waste.

We were offered an upsell from a mini to a full on a 14 day Hawaii cruise in 2012. We jumped on it. Looks Princess is trying to get more now.

BEWARE. You will get hooked on the suite life. We have paid (without upsells) for 3 cruises in full suite since. You will never be satisfied with a mini again. I'm okay with them but DH is totally spoiled on them now. We have a full suite for our upcoming 10 day Alaskan cruise. It cost the price a of almost decent used car!